Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Here's how it will break down:

Week 2: Texans/Ravens bye
Week 8: Texans-Bengals rescheduled game (Bengals originally had a bye this week)
Week 10: Bengals bye/Texans-Ravens rescheduled game

[ September 13, 2008, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ultimatefs

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Also, any player waived this week can't be signed until next week. The FA lists have already been updated and it would be impossible to weed out Week 2 waives.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

weber7777

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by weber7777 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:50 pm

My take on this. i kinda have a problem with the ruling here however im only effected in one satellite league with a defense however my competitor gets a zero for a tight end so it's even however:

This should be the event that caused this league and other high stakes events to hold 2 free agent waiver wire periods. one on Thursday, the other on Saturday. This way if news comes down the pike on a saturday prior to a game changes can be made.

Now in the Rotobowl, (which i tried this year), i had Houston Defense, however this afternoon with all the hoopla i took a 2nd defense in case and it paid off.

Im not that upset over the ruling here or in the WCOFF i just think there is absolutely no reason not to have 2 free agent waiver wire periods. It makes perfect sense and alot of leagues do it. Just my thought.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by kapefear:
RENMAN.1ST OF ALL YOU NEW THE PENALTY FOR DRAFTING STEVE SMITH..2 weeks suspended and a bye week in a race to 13,so please don't CRY to us about STEVE SMITH.I truely understand the EFFECTS about the game on MONDAY.The funny in the whole ?????? is what if it was DALLAS vs PHILLY? ROMO,MBIII.T.O.,WHITTEN,CRAYTON,F.JONES,DALLAS D.,FOLK... OH I FORGOT philly...MCNABB,WESTBROOKE,LJ SMITH,DESEAN JACKSON,PHILLY DEF,BASKETT??. ANY ways I rest my case. Kapefear,

I have no interest in things turning hostil here. I made the point about Steve Smith and losing A. Johnson on nearly every fantasy team to show why this issue is so irritating/frustating. I was putting things in context. No one is crying... We all have a lot at stake here and extreme efforts at fairness should always be made.

I do not see how anyone is "hurt" by allowing stuck owners here the chance to pick up $1 scraps. Those who do not pay attention to this issue enough or miss a league message on their league homepage clearly were not overly concerned about this in the 1st place.

Allowing this hurts no one that I can see.
[/QUOTE]...got to agree with RainMan here TK - what say YOU?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]We've made our decision. This week is now the bye week for the Texans and Ravens and will be treated as such in our events. Everyone will have to adjust their lineups accordingly.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 pm

The over/under for this thread is 19 pages. Take your bets.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 pm

remember this is a game of skill. owners who forsee this happening and took appropriate actions, kudos to them (i was not one of them).
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Originally posted by weber:
i just think there is absolutely no reason not to have 2 free agent waiver wire periods. any player waived this week can't be signed until next week. The FA lists have already been updated and it would be impossible to weed out Week 2 waives.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:53 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
remember this is a game of skill. owners who forsee this happening and took appropriate actions, kudos to them (i was not one of them). Neither was I because I simply never thought the NFL would postpone a game. Given the precedent I believed that had been set with the San Diego fires a couple of years ago I thought for sure the game would be moved to a neutral location if it couldn't be played in Houston on Monday night. This really was a shockingly bad decision by the league. I can appreciate the Texans don't want to play somewhere else but given the reports that Reliant Stadium may not be ready for several weeks, what do they plan to do if their next home game can't be played there?

This is what being a commissioner is about. You have to make difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions. I really think Goodell made a terrible decision here.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich