Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

weber7777

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by weber7777 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
We're not opening up a second FAAB at this late of date when it's not in our rules, Glenn. Now, as Mike Weber said could this be an event which leads us to consider a second FAAB period for next year and beyond? Perhaps although there are pros and cons to that in my opinion. I'm not sure having a first-come, first-serve WW period is a good idea in a high-stakes event but as always I'd be interested in getting everyone's feedback on that.

Just to clarify Tom, if you did 2 free agent periods next year, if you want a player in the 2nd period you have to bid for them as well.. so it's not first come first serve.

I think there is no harm to 2 down the line. the odds of this happening again are so slim however i like 2 periods anyway. Example, i have dallas clark and cooley in one league. Clark is questionable, cooley came down with a strained quad now late in week.. so i would have grabbed a te just in case cooley can't go.. just my opinion.. Mike..

I don't know anybody who's happy about this situation. From a fantasy perspective it stinks to high heavens. But this is our decision.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
How about all the people who are going to go against a "lesser" player that goes off in place of an Andre Johnson, etc.???

Shouldn't they be allowed to "pick someone else up" to combat that player having a big week???

Yes, that is stupid, but no more ridiculous than other suggestions.

As for the "good customer" who said they would quit over this.... LET EM TAKE THEIR BALL AND GO HOME!!

Let them go play in a 10 teamer where they have a bench to cover the byes. :D

Like Team Canada said, you guys are making the ONLY decision that can be made. Opening up free agency now would be a disaster, as you would have MANY more people complaining they never saw it (obviously the people in the Houston area who have NO POWER... God bless them!) Billy,

Come on man,

You got to see both sides here.....It's a no win for anyone. And it's a tough choice to make. There is winners and losers to this all over the place.
[/QUOTE]Of course I see both sides Johnny (as I have ONLY Kris Brown in a WCOFF league), however saying "I"M LEAVING THE CONTEST BECAUSE OF THIS!"

Honestly....don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. ;)

If someone is threatening to leave because of that, you don't have "thick enough skin" to be playing in the NFFC in the first place.

Just my opinion.

As many have said.... IT SUCKS! However, there is nothing that can be done this late.

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
I have Brady with Schaub as my backup in the Auction. Even though R.I. outbid me for Casell, I had a long list of contingent bids to ensure I had a QB starter this week (wound up with Pennington).

I also have Owen Daniels. I put in lots of bids for TEs and wound up with Fasano.

In this league I also have Kevin Walter and in other leagues I also have Andre Johnson and McGahee/Rice.

In all cases I have full lineups, although some suck.

Greg is doing EXACTLY the right thing in following his stated rules. Sometimes it's the things we don't do that get credit over the hasty things we might have done. JP,

This is why I bid on Cassel :D I didn't even need him. But I figured I would rather play Schaub or someone else. :D

I'm in a ton of leagues, So this helps me in some leagues and hurts in others....Tough problem For TK and Greg and all fantasy leagues world wide, Local, High stakes all over. I wouldn't want to hear some of the local leagues problems right now.... :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...okay so BOTH SNAKEsquads will be playing this week with 9 players against a team with 10...SNAKE is NOT happy, NOT happy at all...can SOMEONE out there PLEASE explain what is fair about playing 9 against 10 in BOTH Main leagues?...and WHY it would be wrong to simply be allowed to get a Kicker (SNAKE will even drop someone on his squad to do so) for this ONE week under these unprecedented circumstances...WHO GETS HURT BY THAT...thanks much...SNAKE Didn't you play MANY games with less than 10 starters last year??? ;)

Just think of it as this way it wasn't your fault in the least! :D

yomop1212

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by yomop1212 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 pm

completely agree snake.

Does 9 vs 10 sound fair to anyone?

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 pm

after everyone screams both sides of the story , i think one way to not to let this happen again is to move faab to sat night at 9pm. this way there would not even be a second round of faab.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

JerseyPaul

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Originally posted by Mike Treff:
In my other league, we opened the waiver wire only to those who have one of the following: O Daniels, T Heap, K Brown, M Stover, or either D and did NOT have anyone as a backup for these players. Waiver bids were automatic 25 points. Consensus was that this was the best way to do it.

WHAT IS THE RULING???????????? Why should teams that didn't plan ahead get a shot at players the rest of the league can't get? In the Auction, for example, David Martin is available and with byes coming up he could well go for more than $25 to a team needing a TE for an early bye.

No, following the rules agreed to before the season starts is a decision that can't be faulted.

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...okay so BOTH SNAKEsquads will be playing this week with 9 players against a team with 10...SNAKE is NOT happy, NOT happy at all...can SOMEONE out there PLEASE explain what is fair about playing 9 against 10 in BOTH Main leagues?...and WHY it would be wrong to simply be allowed to get a Kicker (SNAKE will even drop someone on his squad to do so) for this ONE week under these unprecedented circumstances...WHO GETS HURT BY THAT...thanks much...SNAKE Is it fair for you and others that check in on the boards or check their e-mail to get a kicker or defense, but for those who don't to get screwed?

Last I checked, it isn't in the rules that frequenting the message board OR checking your e-mail everyday should give you an advantage in an unfortunate situation.

It sucks snake, but you can't just give SOME the opportunity to pick someone up, and not others.

Surely you can see that.

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
after everyone screams both sides of the story , i think one way to not to let this happen again is to move faab to sat night at 9pm. this way there would not even be a second round of faab. FRANKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea, Gives us more time. I think Greg and TK are going to add someting in the rules for next year.
I.W
Johnny Frisella