Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Sandman62

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Originally posted by Mike Treff:
Anyone on the wire is someone nobody else wanted just flippin yesterday.Not quite accurate. More accurate would be "someone at least ONE person didn't want yesterday" (like me dropping Kaeding for Prater, where I didn't want him anymore, but perhaps several others in my league might)

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Let me add we run baseball FAAB the night before the week starts so why not give us all an extra 24 hours to decide on how we want to handle those guys that are hurt or not hurt? Obviously, we try to run FAAB soon enough for folks to see which players they obtain and still have time to get them in their starting lineups. You are correct that in the NFBC we run FAAB at 8 pm on Sunday and folks still are able to insert those players into their starting lineups on Monday. But at least in baseball most of the Monday games start at night.

Anyway, a Saturday FAAB is an option in future years. So is a Friday night FAAB deadline followed by a $1 pickup structure, although I'm not quite sure that first-come, first-served makes sense. Still, all worth discussing.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JerseyPaul

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:27 pm

I would strongly support a FCFS after main waivers.

I have played in high stakes leagues with that process and it added another level of strategy and interest.

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Because you may not "get a SCRAP" from the WW, as I cited in my Kaeding example. You may get a very good kicker that no one else in your league had access to.

I know there isn't time to make something like this happen, but perhaps the only fair way to allow those affected to pickup a kicker might be to allow their OPPONENT to choose which kicker they get from the wire. That at least would be better than the 0, yet still not allow an unfair advantage to picking up a kicker that no else could get.

As for having a free-for-all after FAAB each week... been there, done that, not good. Those who sit by their TVs and computers all day (yes, I'm one of them ;) end up being the first to hear the news that some starting RB isn't starting this week and pickup his backup before anyone else hears about it.

Better to run a 2nd FAAB in the wee hours of Sun. morning, IMHO. Agree with the free for all, That would suck, I would hate to see the NFFC turn into a ESPN league....

Agree with the Guys having a shot at good players being cut....

Don't agree with letting your opponent pick your players....Who the hell would have time to do that... :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RedRyder

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RedRyder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:29 pm

GREG or TOM,

Can you please start a separate thread with your official ruling? Maybe it's in this thread, but I've waded through many pages and don't seee it. Or maybe you have started a separate thread and I just don't see it...if so, point me in the right direction. I got e-mails from other game operators stating their ruling, I'm surprised no e-mail blast from the NFFC.

THANKS!

-Jules
@RedRyder

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...okay so BOTH SNAKEsquads will be playing this week with 9 players against a team with 10...SNAKE is NOT happy, NOT happy at all...can SOMEONE out there PLEASE explain what is fair about playing 9 against 10 in BOTH Main leagues?...and WHY it would be wrong to simply be allowed to get a Kicker (SNAKE will even drop someone on his squad to do so) for this ONE week under these unprecedented circumstances...WHO GETS HURT BY THAT...thanks much...SNAKE Is it fair for you and others that check in on the boards or check their e-mail to get a kicker or defense, but for those who don't to get screwed?

Last I checked, it isn't in the rules that frequenting the message board OR checking your e-mail everyday should give you an advantage in an unfortunate situation.

It sucks snake, but you can't just give SOME the opportunity to pick someone up, and not others.

Surely you can see that.
[/QUOTE]...SNAKE is curious as to how YOU would be reacting IF you had Kris Brown on BOTH Main squads...The Serpent guesses a wee bit differently Wazass...like SNAKE stated before - with Andre R.Rice, McGhaee, Clyaton, Shaub, Slaton, etc NOT as big a deal because these players will simply take a bye week EARLIER than expected - unfortunate but manageable...BUT with the DEFENSES and KICKERS The Serpent really can't understand WHO gets hurt by allowing those teams with the Balt & Hou DEF/Kickers to get a scrap from the WW for ONE week and even drop a player legitimately from their squads as well?...THIS is what is going to REALLY hurt here as in SNAKE's situation he is forced to play 9 against 10 in BOTH Main leagues...man that just flat out SUCKS as what if SNAKE loses this game (and the points) and he misses out on the playoffs by 1 loss or 10 points?...THEN WHAT????....SNAKE
[/QUOTE]I had Kris Brown as my lone kicker on TWO separate teams this year. I picked up Carney in the NFFC because ...

1) His matchup sucked and Carney gets St. Louis and cincy the next two weeks AND

2) In the case the game WASN'T played (which I was 90% sure it wasn't happening in Houston on Monday night, I wouldn't get screwed.

In my other league (non NFFC), I got outbid on my one kicker I put in. Poor planning on my part, and I got screwed.

In my $650 DC, I have two defenses. Care to guess who they are??? :D

As I posted earlier, is it fair for YOU (and others who are on the boards) to get a shot for a replacement, but the guy or gal who isn't on here to "be in the dark" and get screwed.

Greg can't say "if you are on the boards, you can pick someone up, but if not T.S!" :rolleyes:

I hope you can see that?

[ September 13, 2008, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Hard heads

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Not a fan of the first come first serve basis. I own a business and have a wife and 2 wonderful kids and I don't need to add another element where I need to be on the CPU at a certain time taking even more valuable time away from them. Just my two cents and I am only one customer, but Greg and Tom are great and listening to us all and as with any leader, they will never make everyone happy.

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Jules,

The ruling is, It's being treated like the texans and Ravens are having there bye week two.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i think my idea of moving faab to sat night would make sure this does not happen again. I must admit Frankie that I've often tried to think of every possible scenario where our rules may have missed an upcoming event, but this is one I never anticipated. I didn't expect the NFL to suddenly cancel a game last minute and reschedule it for weeks in advance. Paul Tagliabue dealt with a hurricane four years ago and ran the game early. He dealt with Katrina and 9/11 and made smart decisions. How could this decision be so badly botched by the NFL??

I don't want to change the FAAB deadline just for the sake of this one rare example. Not everyone likes a Saturday deadline over a Friday night deadline, but I do agree that maybe we need to look at ways to allow pickups after FAAB has been run. That's a worthy discussion for another thread, for sure.
[/QUOTE]greg , honestly you could wipe my team out for a week and still would be a lifetime player but sat night gives you last second injury reports , and protects you against things like this.i think it is better than a second faab.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN