Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 pm

A "first come first serve.. free for all" would KILL the NFFC.

That isn't even a viable option IMO.

Sandman62

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 pm

In the leagues we use to do FCFS, people who didn't sit at their computers all day on the weekend griped when those who did got the lion's share of players. NOT a good idea, IMO.

Diesel

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 pm

Each year of the NFFC, we've had hurricanes that have almost shuffled games, but never until now has it actually happened. I do wish that after the last 4 seasons, we acknowledged the fact of the possibility of this happening and had a backup plan in place, instead of not crossing this bridge until we came to it.

For next year, I propose it states in the rules that in case of any game cancellation, there will be an additional waiver wire period open on Saturday night or even Sunday morning for teams to replace players lost due to the situation.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

DIESEL02

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by DIESEL02 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Everyone knew there was a chance that the game wouldn't be played....if you weren't prepared shame on you..yes it stinks if your bench guys are hurt or have the same bye but sometimes it is what it is.

I think it's funny how the guys who are getting zero's for defense or kickers are complaining much more than those with Texan or Baltimore starters. You cannot just open bidding for defense and kickers without opening it for all positions.

I stand behind Greg and Tom's decision.

P.s-We could always add three roster spots to each main for next year with a mandate that everyone carries two tight ends , two defense and two kickers.I think that owners should be able to field a starting lineup with that expanded roster if something like this were to occur again.
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
A "first come first serve.. free for all" would KILL the NFFC.

That isn't even a viable option IMO. Agree, This would kill the NFFC.....

I have played in other leagues where the wire order is set bye record each week....I don't play in that league anymore Free for all or a order sucks....Ruins the game.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RedRyder

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RedRyder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Jules,

The ruling is, It's being treated like the texans and Ravens are having there bye week two. Johnny, thanks for being the OFFICIAL voice of the NFFC...
@RedRyder

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

I respect that running another faab is unlikley to happen. However we can still debate the merits of it happening in a respectful manner here. I surely wont be pulling out of the NFFC over this. I just think in the day and age of computers where things can be fixed with the press of a button. It seems to me there must be a way to let people pick up kickers and defenses due to this happening after the faab process closed. if I am wrong and am missing something... I respect that. If it does not happen and I get stuck with multiple zeros for my team. I will have to deal with it. We make decisions based on the rules of our contest and there is nothing in our rules that allow us to run a second FAAB period. It also wouldn't be fair to everyone for a number of reasons. It's a terrible, unforeseen break for everyone, but again there is nothing in the rules to suddenly make a new decision on the fly.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

You know I am your #1 promotor and will continue to be. This in no way makes me sour on my NFFC experience. Having said that, one of my favorite things about the NFFC is we the players can share our thoughts and communicate directly with the heads of the event. I hope you respect my opinions just as I respect yours and will accept your final decisions.

I know there are not rules in place for a second faab or a situation like this. There are also (to my knowledge) no rules saying you can't. I have always felt the free agent process would be better if we had a FAAB bid each week that closed Friday and then anyone can pick up anyone that was not bid on for $1 up until kickoff. Obviously that is a discussion for another time.

My overall point here is this.

-Doing nothing hurts a lot of owners in a very tangible and real way that leaves a sense of unfairness.

-Doing something, like allowing kickers and defenses to be replaced (and I know you are not doing it, I am just stating an opinion) helps a lot of owners and hurts no one. Whatever "unfairness" that could be invented from allowing stuck teams access to scrap pickups to fill a roster pales in comparison to the unfairness to the teams who have to post zeros.

One course of action helps a number of people and provides a sense of fairness. The other course of action helps no one and leaves a bad feeling of unfairness.

I know this ultimate decision will likely fall in line with Wcoff and other events. I just think this could be another situation (kds, 3rr)where the NFFC does their own thing and stands out from the crowd in terms of how to handle this issue.

I know there are a bunch of guys here (and maybe it is partly due to the high stakes) who have that win at all costs mentality and forgo common sense or fairness. These guys are likely currently reveling in their good fortune of not being impacted by this game while watching their competitors hurt badly. Maybe I am in the minority in that not being my style. If this happened in my home league and I reaped the benefits of going against a team with no defense or kicker due to a hurricane, a shortsighted unprepared NFL and a game cancelled after free agent pickups were locked... I would bench my own kicker to play a fair game.

I respect whatever decision you guys make. I hope you respect my sharing my opinion.

Having said this... I will now do my best to manage my team through this unforeseen misfortune... Lets play ball....

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Jules,

The ruling is, It's being treated like the texans and Ravens are having there bye week two. Johnny, thanks for being the OFFICIAL voice of the NFFC...
[/QUOTE]:D :D :D

Just trying to help......

Thats the ruling and it looks like that will be a final ruling.

Will be treated as a bye week........

I'm still sticking around to see if it sticks or not....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

DIESEL02

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by DIESEL02 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Marc you and I are best buds but I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not fair to those who work or don't have access to computers on the weekends.

We than go back to the debate of having Saturday night waiver wire. Which we might have to reconsider. I was staunch opponent of this but if we had it this might be all mute.

Another thing to to think about.It never ends
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"