Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:19 pm

For all those that chose to carry a single D, kicker etc with the idea of dealing with it closer to the bye, that was your strategy and allowed for you to stash more possible impact players than the person that had backups covering their bye for each position.

Let's not forget that their have been several instances of teams going into the playoffs with this gamble and sometimes actually getting stung.

Any of us could have backups and some do but those that don't did so to have more impact players tucked away on their roster...it's part of the game. It's not the NFFC, NBC, WCOFF or any other contests fault that this tragic event occurred and it's that portion of the game we love that falls into the luck category.

I agree with the decision and I am an Andre holder in the main event with a slew of walking wounded that may let me have a zero too...it happens.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Ummmm Greg...

'Sorry, I'm too busy watching our Brewers have the biggest September choke since the 1969 Cubs to worry about anyone's starting staff. What an incredible meltdown by the Brewers.'

wasn't this your post last year too... ;)
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 pm

With all due respect Glenn, it's beyond absurd to think that Greg made a ruling that would impact several hundred participants merely so he could beat you in the magazine league.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration. As I have stated repeatedly, this is not a good situation and nobody is happy about how this has worked out. But if that was your attempt at being the voice of reason, perhaps you should hand the job over to someone else.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
in The Mag II league the SNAKEsquad also has Kris Brown (SNAKE won't have to drop his kicker this year in just about EVERY league as Brown's bye will have already passed!) and just so happens to be playing The Commish Rules - Greg's team - this week...Greg only made this ruling so that his team here would have a better shot at beating his hated MB rival SNAKE in this league here...the Voice Of Reason has now spoken here...SNAKE For the record, The Commish Rules Mag II team with Tom Brady and Nate Burleson is already buried and done for the year. Stick a fork in it, Week 2 ruling or not. The white flag is already raised, Snakie!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:22 pm

quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Snake,

I felt a big week 2 this week for Kris Brown....

He might of went for 20+ NFFC Points.....

FF 2008 - Anarchy & Chaos Will Reign Supreme! Johnny Junkie - The Serpent is really PISSSSSSSSSED here...if the SNAKEsquad loses two close games due to playing 9 versus 10 and then misses out on a playyoff spot and the chance to win fivr grand, a hundred grand, a million grand, well then it's going to be tough to placate a lividSNAKE...and you would have to think that he had a very legitimate cause in being more than PISSSSSSSSED, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

There are guys out there that have it even worst then what your going through.... It sucks for everyone....

I got Andre Johnson in a few leagues....Steve slaton, Kevin Walter...And so on. You know I'm in a ton of leagues....I'm getting screwed all over the place too.

It's a tough problem here for everyone....I wouldn't know how to please everyone..No matter what Greg or TK came up with someone would be upset.

Whats a fair ruling for everyone??????
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Ummmm Greg...

'Sorry, I'm too busy watching our Brewers have the biggest September choke since the 1969 Cubs to worry about anyone's starting staff. What an incredible meltdown by the Brewers.'

wasn't this your post last year too... ;) It's worse this year because it happened last year. Does that make sense? :D

I'm just hoping the Badger football team looks good in about an hour at Fresno State.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
With all due respect Glenn, it's beyond absurd to think that Greg made a ruling that would impact several hundred participants merely so he could beat you in the magazine league.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration. As I have stated repeatedly, this is not a good situation and nobody is happy about how this has worked out. But if that was your attempt at being the voice of reason, perhaps you should hand the job over to someone else. TK - see above post addressed to Billyboy...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Fair enough. And let's calm down with the name calling. There's no need for that.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Ummmm Greg...

wasn't this your post last year too... ;) Yes, but we weren't 24 games over .500 last year when we started playing like a cellar dwelling team. It's amazing how much this offense has tightened up in the clutch. Without Sabathia, this team would be battling Pittsburgh rather than Chicago in the NL Central. What a stud that guy has been.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius