Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Hard heads

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
btw Greg...all this weather has caused a bunch of rain outs and screwed my starting staff. I am missing 3 starts now and have 2 guys on my bench I could've inserted to help me in the K's department. Can you allow me a do over cause the PPD's are killing me! Just kidding.... Yeah, I just went over to the NFBC boards to see if the same discussion was taking place!! :D Thankfully our baseball guys understand that MLB makes so many bad decisions that you don't even second guess them anymore! :D You just expect them.

Sorry, I'm too busy watching our Brewers have the biggest September choke since the 1969 Cubs to worry about anyone's starting staff. What an incredible meltdown by the Brewers. :mad:
[/QUOTE]Obviously it is what it is, but all these postponements could throw a serious wrinkle into these last two weeks, especially in our league. We seriously have a major race going, 113.5, 112.5, 112.5, 111 and 107 at this very moment and I am tied with a guy in that top 5 in runs and rbi and 2 behind a guy in rbi and 6 behind in runs and then k's there are 36 k's serperating 4 points and avg is a 2 point swing with .007 and both all 3 are in the top 5. All these extra games with potential free agent pickups could be and actually will be huge! It's been an amazing intro into the NFBC and I am having a hard time getting all the way into football, but in the end I have found a way to balance it. LOL

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Snake,

I felt a big week 2 this week for Kris Brown....

He might of went for 20+ NFFC Points.....

FF 2008 - Anarchy & Chaos Will Reign Supreme! Johnny Junkie - The Serpent is really PISSSSSSSSSED here...if the SNAKEsquad loses two close games due to playing 9 versus 10 and then misses out on a playyoff spot and the chance to win fivr grand, a hundred grand, a million grand, well then it's going to be tough to placate a lividSNAKE...and you would have to think that he had a very legitimate cause in being more than PISSSSSSSSED, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

There are guys out there that have it even worst then what your going through
[/QUOTE]DING DING DING!!!!

Maybe this where the bulb goes off in his head, and he gets out of "it's all about me" mode!

The fairest solution to EVERYONE has already been established.

[ September 13, 2008, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
in The Mag II league the SNAKEsquad also has Kris Brown (SNAKE won't have to drop his kicker this year in just about EVERY league as Brown's bye will have already passed!) and just so happens to be playing The Commish Rules - Greg's team - this week...Greg only made this ruling so that his team here would have a better shot at beating his hated MB rival SNAKE in this league here...the Voice Of Reason has now spoken here...SNAKE For the record, The Commish Rules Mag II team with Tom Brady and Nate Burleson is already buried and done for the year. Stick a fork in it, Week 2 ruling or not. The white flag is already raised, Snakie!! :D [/QUOTE]Greg,

Speaking of Tom Brady......

Is there any way you could Cure Tom Brady for Me..... :D Or a time machine would be nice too
I.W
Johnny Frisella

wayne123

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by wayne123 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Snake,

I felt a big week 2 this week for Kris Brown....

He might of went for 20+ NFFC Points.....

FF 2008 - Anarchy & Chaos Will Reign Supreme! Johnny Junkie - The Serpent is really PISSSSSSSSSED here...if the SNAKEsquad loses two close games due to playing 9 versus 10 and then misses out on a playyoff spot and the chance to win fivr grand, a hundred grand, a million grand, well then it's going to be tough to placate a lividSNAKE...and you would have to think that he had a very legitimate cause in being more than PISSSSSSSSED, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

There are guys out there that have it even worst then what your going through.... It sucks for everyone....

I got Andre Johnson in a few leagues....Steve slaton, Kevin Walter...And so on. You know I'm in a ton of leagues....I'm getting screwed all over the place too.

It's a tough problem here for everyone....I wouldn't know how to please everyone..No matter what Greg or TK came up with someone would be upset.

Whats a fair ruling for everyone??????
[/QUOTE]For the record...Greg and Tom did not come up with this ruling. The NFL did!

At least we have time to change some players (unlike a game-time decision that goes against expectations). And, the players will play later which in some cases may be a bonus. McGahee owners should be happy about this one!

I respect that some got screwed in the FAAB. They got screwed by a hurricane and the NFL, not by the NFFC. I did think this might be a possibility, so I bid on some replacement guys. So, it was possible to prepare (a bit). I'm not happy about it, but if the NFL is going to count the stats as a later week, the NFFC has no choice but to do the same.

Cheers and good luck!

Lets move on...it is what
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Hard heads

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:29 pm

screw Brady, what about Burleson and Colston?

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Glenn, I'll say a second time - cut out the name calling. There's no need for that here. Thank you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
screw Brady, what about Burleson and Colston? :D ROFLMAO
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Originally posted by renman:
Greg,

I brought up 3rr and kds simply as examples of where the NFFC stood out from the crowd and its competitors by marching to their own beat. This is an example where the NFFC could have done that again. I understand they are not the same situation.

Now if you are saying that allowing teams who got stuck here the chance to pick up $1 filler scraps to cover the holes in their team would turn into a legal issue for you than I am 100% in support of your ruling. Legally, we're applying the rules as they are stated. It's no different for us than it is for the WCOFF or any other contest out there. It looks like we have all ruled the same because none of us had this situation covered in our rules.

Now if you can make adjustments in your local league, then by all means do it. Single league commissioners can make decisions on the fly that helps all leagues and contact every single owner individually, but a national contest like ours has to be run by the letter of the rules and that's what we're doing and other contests are doing.

Again, it's unfortunate. This was a hurricane that stretched for over 500 miles and on Friday the NFL knew what was coming. In hindsight, it's obvious that the location of this weekend's game should have been changed, with San Antonio likely being the best destination.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius