Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Route Collectors

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:27 am

Originally posted by BubbasHouse:
Bubba's with GG and many others here -

1) Keep the rules as is and don't have a second round of FA for the week - everyones got a clear chance at what they do for the week - and end it. A second round is for those with no vision. It is what it is..... like Billy says - there will be more....

2) Keeping the serpent from the MB would make everyone a little bit happier - but unfortunately our country is founded on free speech - even for those that should not speak. I'll cry my Bubba tears for the slippery one, but not tears of sorrow. I usually stay free of the MB's because of the worthless churn - but this topic had merit to weigh in on.

Keep a good competition the way it's meant to be - stay with clear consistant rules. Bad things happen (injury, coaches decisions, disasters) - and we deal with them. Quit your fnnnn whining.

- Bubba LOL! 2:41 AM Why are you quitting so early tonight. :D

Bezoar

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Bezoar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:44 am

Originally posted by IT'S TIME AGAIN:
This is the only solution to a bad decision by the NFL. I sat at the computer cotemplating picking up a second D because of the weather but I thought there would be no way the NFL would not play the game somewhere else this week. I wanted another player and not a back-up D. My fault, now it is my zero. We all new it was coming and the debate was on yesterday on this board before the free agent bid period had ended. Some of you who are complaining now where part of that debate yesterday. Taking a zero for my Ravens D stinks but I could have picked up a second D and dropped them next week for the next great player. Just some food for thought. I agree with the decision. Any other decision would "not be fair".

Has Again stated he had an opportunity to cover his potential deficiencies. If he picked up a player rather that covering the deficiencies but another owner forego picking up a player in order to cover his/her deficiencies it would be unfair to the second owner to change the rules.

It would be unfair to allow additional pickups and it would be unfair to allow delayed scoring as well.

Bezoar

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Bezoar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:45 am

Originally posted by Bezoar:
quote:Originally posted by IT'S TIME AGAIN:
This is the only solution to a bad decision by the NFL. I sat at the computer cotemplating picking up a second D because of the weather but I thought there would be no way the NFL would not play the game somewhere else this week. I wanted another player and not a back-up D. My fault, now it is my zero. We all new it was coming and the debate was on yesterday on this board before the free agent bid period had ended. Some of you who are complaining now where part of that debate yesterday. Taking a zero for my Ravens D stinks but I could have picked up a second D and dropped them next week for the next great player. Just some food for thought. I agree with the decision. Any other decision would "not be fair".

As Again stated he had an opportunity to cover his potential deficiencies. If he picked up a player rather that covering the deficiencies but another owner forego picking up a player in order to cover his/her deficiencies it would be unfair to the second owner to change the rules.

It would be unfair to allow additional pickups and it would be unfair to allow delayed scoring as well.
[/QUOTE]

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:38 am

I agree with the decision completely although the team with Heap backing up Daniels is a bummer...lol. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...DOH!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:39 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
and a chance to win five grand, a hundred grand, a million grandA million grand? Isn't that...ONE...BILLION...DOLLARS???? :eek:

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:42 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I agree with the decision completely although the team with Heap backing up Daniels is a bummer...lol. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...DOH! In the NBC/Primetime/12-team Main Event, the two TE's I drafted were Daniels and Heap. On a hunch (a la Sheriff Dean Farley), I picked up John Carlson on Friday night.

No problem, mon!

TamuScarecrow

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:42 am

Can't change anything this year but expect a new rule on this next year. Would like to see average used instead of sticking people with zeros and saying "tough sh*t" as that is not the customer service I've seen the first four years. This was an extraordinary event that required an extraordinary decision from the NFFC and it didn't happen.

As for my good friend Bubba, this isn't about vision but about the NFL and NFFC blowing it. I have Daniels and Clark as my tight ends and might have grabbed a 3rd if I were a hurricane expert like Jim Cantore. But then again, how many rosters in the NFFC have 3 tight ends? I'm going to say none. As it is, I think Clark will play and I have Schaub and McGahee covered, but as we have seen in at least 2 threads, I'm not the only one who isn't a hurricane expert. Fact is, the NFL made a decision on Saturday afternoon/evening that NO player in the NFFC can manage for. In my lifetime, this is the first time I can ever remember the NFL changing the schedule in-season.

Just as a pre-caution, you guys with Jacksonville, Miami, or Tampa Bay players may want to start spending the FA bucks to hedge as Josephine is starting to strenghten again in the Atlantic.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:43 am

Originally posted by BubbasHouse:
Bubba's with GG and many others here -

1) Keep the rules as is and don't have a second round of FA for the week - everyones got a clear chance at what they do for the week - and end it. A second round is for those with no vision. It is what it is..... like Billy says - there will be more....

2) Keeping the serpent from the MB would make everyone a little bit happier - but unfortunately our country is founded on free speech - even for those that should not speak. I'll cry my Bubba tears for the slippery one, but not tears of sorrow. I usually stay free of the MB's because of the worthless churn - but this topic had merit to weigh in on.

Keep a good competition the way it's meant to be - stay with clear consistant rules. Bad things happen (injury, coaches decisions, disasters) - and we deal with them. Quit your fnnnn whining.

- Bubba Great to have you back on the boards again, Daryl!! :D

If you are offering up those fine sandwiches and can again tutor me on the finer points of "horse gambling", then I might start looking for flights to Chicago for 2009! :D

Chime in more, because your post is DEAD ON!

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:45 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
But then again, how many rosters in the NFFC have 3 tight ends? I'm going to say none. Wrong -- see above.