Tax Questions

King of Queens

Tax Questions

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:28 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Thanks Gordon, that is much more accurate.

I am trying to raise the extra $1250 for my charities that I lost in the NFFC when I decided to start Turner over Driver in the final week and finished in 10th instead of 5th overall. Look at it this way: it was less of a financial hit than Team Bayley going with Kevin Faulk over Julius Jones....

TradeStar28

Tax Questions

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:31 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Thanks Gordon, that is much more accurate.

I am trying to raise the extra $1250 for my charities that I lost in the NFFC when I decided to start Turner over Driver in the final week and finished in 10th instead of 5th overall. Look at it this way: it was less of a financial hit than Team Bayley going with Kevin Faulk over Julius Jones....
[/QUOTE]How much did that blunder cost Team Bayley ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

Tax Questions

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:57 pm

Look at it this way: it was less of a financial hit than Team Bayley going with Kevin Faulk over Julius Jones.... is that you king or the grinch? a quick (but very painful) jab to a specific team...ouch!

in any event, i did not know about the above situation. oh my
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Tax Questions

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:32 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Look at it this way: it was less of a financial hit than Team Bayley going with Kevin Faulk over Julius Jones.... is that you king or the grinch? a quick (but very painful) jab to a specific team...ouch!

in any event, i did not know about the above situation. oh my
[/QUOTE]No offense intended. Bayley knows exactly what happened here, and I know he regrets it.

Team Bayley was in my main event league (New York 2). He had a great season as the points champ ($2500), and took home some extra loot in the Championship League.

On a personal note, I would like to add this: the pain of finishing 3rd overall in 2004 to Gekko was GREATLY reduced knowing that lineup changes would not have resulted in a title for me. As tough as it was for Out of the Shadows to come in 2nd, Team Bayley's situation has gotta hurt the most.

Gordon Gekko

Tax Questions

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:12 am

As tough as it was for Out of the Shadows to come in 2nd, Team Bayley's situation has gotta hurt the most. more salt to the wound!!! did you get a lump of coal for christmas?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Tax Questions

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
As tough as it was for Out of the Shadows to come in 2nd, Team Bayley's situation has gotta hurt the most. more salt to the wound!!! did you get a lump of coal for christmas? [/QUOTE]This is not a criticism! Not that I or many others would have done the same, but...

Okay, I'm going to leave this alone now before I dig myself a Barlowian Grave. :D

Tested

Tax Questions

Post by Tested » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:24 am

Originally posted by the snake:
...it cost him $95,000...SNAKE Bayley lost by only 6.35 points, by playing Faulk (7.7 points) instead of J. Jones (34.1 points.) That's a hard one to shake off, or ever forget.

But hey, Snake, let's not exaggerate...he only lost $92,500 (winning $7,500 instead of $100,000). :eek:

[ December 30, 2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Tested ]