All NFFC Checks To Go Out Jan. 8th

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 am

Originally posted by blastik:
hi Kingraiders,
You're not the only one who hasn't received a check. I know today is a holiday, but I still have yet to receive anything and I turned in my w-9 six weeks ago. Frustrating thing is every time I ask Tom when the checks will be sent he tells me they are planning to be sent a week later than he originally claimed (it's happened three times now). Not trying to call him out, but it's the truth, and it makes a newbie skeptical about whether or not it's coming. I saw that the checks were to be sent out on the 8th, then I'm told (on Thursday, the 14th) that they were sent "this week". So the 8th all of a sudden turns into the 11th through the 16th? There needs to be some better communication next year for sure.
I'm sure the check is coming, but it's annoying to see most everyone else with theirs, and Tom telling me different things each time I email him. This just isn't true. We said in late December that these checks would be mailed on Jan. 8th and that's been the exact date since. It wasn't pushed back at all. Carol and the gang in St. Louis did a great job of getting all checks out last week and as you can see folks got them last Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Tom hasn't changed the date for anyone, unless you didn't get your W-9 in. Nobody is playing games here; we did a great job of turning these around. Of course yesterday was a holiday so there's nothing we can do about the US Postal Service taking a day off.

If you don't get your check today then contact Tom at [email protected] and he will check with St. Louis to find out the exact date it went out. Tom emailed everyone who didn't have a W-9 turned in last week. Those are the only checks that didn't go out on time because we CAN'T send those out without a W-9.

Again, all checks went out on time. If you haven't received it yet then give it a day because for some unknown reason it takes longer to get mail to some folks than others. Or we are missing your W-9. Otherwise, I promise you, we're not holding onto your money any longer than we have to. You earned it and we want you to get it. Simple as that.

Thanks and good luck all. And spend your winnings wisely.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:16 am

Originally posted by blastik:
hi Kingraiders,
You're not the only one who hasn't received a check. I know today is a holiday, but I still have yet to receive anything and I turned in my w-9 six weeks ago. Frustrating thing is every time I ask Tom when the checks will be sent he tells me they are planning to be sent a week later than he originally claimed (it's happened three times now). Not trying to call him out, but it's the truth, and it makes a newbie skeptical about whether or not it's coming. I saw that the checks were to be sent out on the 8th, then I'm told (on Thursday, the 14th) that they were sent "this week". So the 8th all of a sudden turns into the 11th through the 16th? There needs to be some better communication next year for sure.
I'm sure the check is coming, but it's annoying to see most everyone else with theirs, and Tom telling me different things each time I email him. I'm sure you'll get paid by weeks end. IF NFFC doesn't pay out than High Stake Fantasy Football is No more.

blastik when you receive your check in a couple of days please post, I know you will get it.

John

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 am

Just to clarify: If you don't have your check this week or even today, then definitely email Tom as I stated above. The only reason a check didn't go out this week is if St. Louis didn't have a W-9 on file. For new owners, I know that Tom was emailing the updated lists to ST. Louis each day we received them in the mail, so that everyone who had a W-9 on file would get paid. But if somehow we didn't receive your W-9 or there was a miscommunication then email Tom and we'll get that resolved and a check out.

For past NFFC winners, we should have your W-9 on file but I'll admit the transfer of W-9s from F+W to Fanball was cumbersome at best. Thousands of physical W-9s, not an electronic file. I know in one case an owner got very upset that we needed his W-9 again, but trust me we feel bad that your old W-9 wasn't on file either. Unfortunately, all we can do is ask for a W-9 file and move on. We can't pay without the government knowing about it, so let's just get it on file again and never have to do this again.

All checks were processed and mailed out on time if you had your W-9 in, I promise you that. But again, contact Tom if you don't have money in hand this week and we'll find out where the problem lies. We WANT you to have our money; remember, it was yours to begin with. Congrats all and enjoy your winnings. You earned it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 am

Greg, I was thinking from an earlier post that if you were a multiple winner that you would get one check for all winnings instead of a check for each league that an owner won from and that the checks would be mailed out on Jan. 8th but I can assure you that I have only received 1 check that didn't cover the multiple winnings and it was postmaked Jan 11th from St. Louis , MO not Jan. 8th as posted above so I think there realy has been a misunderstanding on the mailing date & I guess I will have to contact Tom as you said.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 am

I received a total of three checks:

1) Postmarked 1/11/10
2) Postmarked 1/12/10 (certified mail)
3) Postmarked 1/12/10 (certified mail)

All three checks were dated 1/8/10

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

1) Postmarked 1/11/10

All three checks were dated 1/8/10 "All checks were processed and mailed out on time if you had your W-9 in, I promise you that."

I wince everytime Greg says "I promise" and "trust me"...as it can only backfire, and adds little to the post.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:15 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

1) Postmarked 1/11/10

All three checks were dated 1/8/10 "All checks were processed and mailed out on time if you had your W-9 in, I promise you that."

I wince everytime Greg says "I promise" and "trust me"...as it can only backfire, and adds little to the post.
[/QUOTE]No worries here, Lance ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:36 am

Originally posted by WOODERSON:
Greg, I was thinking from an earlier post that if you were a multiple winner that you would get one check for all winnings instead of a check for each league that an owner won from and that the checks would be mailed out on Jan. 8th but I can assure you that I have only received 1 check that didn't cover the multiple winnings and it was postmaked Jan 11th from St. Louis , MO not Jan. 8th as posted above so I think there realy has been a misunderstanding on the mailing date & I guess I will have to contact Tom as you said. Yeah, I'm not sure why they did multiple mailings. They didn't do that with the NFBC payments, but it must have been easier to pay folks this time doing it this way.

Yeah, contact Tom and we'll ask them about the second check. Both should have gone out and arrived at the same time. If it went out the 11th then you got it quickly. I just know they were all cut and ready to go out with a cover letter on the 8th and in your hands last week.

Old School

Post by Old School » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 am

Received some last week , but still missing one Tom