Top 15 QBs From Fantasy Sports Magazine

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri May 08, 2009 7:57 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
THE ONLY ONE I QUESTION IS CUTLER. WE WILL FIND OUT THIS YEAR HOW GOOD CUTLER IS WITHOUT MARSHALL AND ROYAL.

The better question might be....how good will Marshall and Royal be without Cutler....

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri May 08, 2009 8:02 am

GREAT POINT THERE RICH. WE SHALL SEE HOW THINGS UNFOLD THIS SEASON.

THIS FANTASY SEASON IS MORE WIDE OPEN THAN BEFORE.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri May 08, 2009 8:04 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I think the outlook is better but I'm concerned about how healthy he can be.

As far as Cutler we're projecting around 3,500 yards passing and 23 TDs. I'd say that's his ceiling for touchdowns. It may end up around 20. Barring injury; I believe Cutler's floor is 20 passing TD's. That was the total for Orton/Grossman last year (in addition to 5 rushing TD's or 25 in total) and Cutler is an immense upgrade to those bums.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'd actually like to see someone make a strong argument for ranking Rodgers No. 2. I think that would be great. If Rodgers played in a pass happy attack and in the dome like Brees, I would have no problem taking him #1. As it is, I'd have no problem taking him #2. I seriously have that much confidence in his ability. I just love watching him play and still think people underestimate his ability.

I cannot believe I am saying it, but Rivers might be ranked to low.

[ May 08, 2009, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: GOD Loves You ]
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 am

Originally posted by Team Canada:

So why not wait 5 rounds take Schaub who avg less then 2 per game less then Warner and IMO is less likely to get hurt and possibly could score more pts...
Are you talking about Mr. "I can only last 11 weeks as a starter" Schaub? The only thing that worries me about Warner is his recovery from his surgery. This seems to be something no one is talking about. Hopefully the line can protect him again this season, if so, I'd expect another top 5 performance from him.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'd actually like to see someone make a strong argument for ranking Rodgers No. 2. I think that would be great. If Rodgers played in a pass happy attack and in the dome like Brees, I would have no problem taking him #1. As it is, I'd have no problem taking him #2. I seriously have that much confidence in his ability. I just love watching him play and still think people underestimate his ability.

I cannot believe I am saying it, but Rivers might be ranked to low.
[/QUOTE]I think Rodgers showed a lot last season and I expect the Packers to be a pass-happy team again. He's loaded at WR so there's non reason to expect him to suffer a major decline barring injury.

As far as Rivers, I think you could make a very good argument for him being ranked higher too. But if you move him up, then one of the other five has an argument for being too low. I think those six QBs represent the top group. Brees is in a class by himself in my opinion with the next five right behind. I'd be happy with any of them as my QB1.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 am

I dont much care for the pats,but Brady if healthy could be the #1 easily imo.I like him and Brees as 1 and 1a.Peyton is a distant 3rd.

And i expect a huge season from Donovan,his oline is improved,Jackson has a year under his belt,and Westy has a great rook to help him stay fresh,which will pay dividends late in the year for the offense.
Macklin might help too.
Tom,could you see Mcnabb with 30 combined tds this year?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri May 08, 2009 12:33 pm

Tom K.,

I will make the argument that Rodgers should be #2 overall when the Packers trade for A. Boldin. Until then, his ADP is what it is.

However, he played injured last year. I believe there are a few QB's in the league that would have missed time if they had the pain that Rodgers indured during last year. Romo missed WEEKS because of a broken pinky.

So it makes me wonder if this kid Rodgers has the "moxy" to be ANOTHER solid QB for the Pack. It's very hard to find a productive QB. But to go from Favre to what Rodgers looks to be, that's impressive.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Fri May 08, 2009 1:10 pm

I would flipflop Warner and Rivers and cassel and Ben. Other than that I think Tom is pretty much right on target.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri May 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Tom, great list! Not the order that I would put them, but a terrific effort nonetheless. How'd I do giving props Marc? ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.