Let's Debate 19 rounds or 18 rounds

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 am

14 Team League.

I still think I like it at 19 rounds, this coming from a person who is in 289th place. Why You ask, the draft should be a big part of who wins, not the guy who gets lucky on the ww. There's no players on the ww, draft better. Not that there's much on the ww in a 12 Team League.

What do You guys(Jules) :D think?

John

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:46 am

I'M FINE WITH THE 19 ROUNDS AS WELL. WHAT SUCKED TWO YEARS AGO IS WHEN WE HAD THE MOST RASH OF INJURIES OF MAIN PLAYERS IN FANTASY FOOTBALL HISTORY.

YOU STILL WANTED TO HANG ON TO THOSE PLAYERS WHILE THEY RECOEVERED BUT AT THE SAME TIME NEEDED TO FILL A HEALTHY STARTING ROSTER AS WELL AS BEAT OUT THE BYE WEEKS.

SO THE 19 ROUNDS ALLOWS OWNERS TO DO THAT MORE SO VERSUS THE 18.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:56 pm

18 rounds....you should have some recourse to recover from injuries.....

By week 2 this year, I had lost MBIII, AGonz, and McNabb....3 of my top 5 picks....and my 6th pick was Lynch, a value pick at the time.
Having a barren waiver wire has made staying competitive a near impossible task.

I don't think someone should be fully eliminated due to injuries in a sport where injuries are so prevalant.

Glenn

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
18 rounds....you should have some recourse to recover from injuries.....

By week 2 this year, I had lost MBIII, AGonz, and McNabb....3 of my top 5 picks....and my 6th pick was Lynch, a value pick at the time.
Having a barren waiver wire has made staying competitive a near impossible task.

I don't think someone should be fully eliminated due to injuries in a sport where injuries are so prevalant.

Glenn Good points, but having one less roster spot might mean you would have cut lose at say AGONZ, who I'm sure with the extra spot You still have on your roster.

Does 14 less waiver wire players, worth one extra spot on your roster, it's really that simple. :D

So do You still have Gonzo?

[ October 29, 2009, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:07 pm

I do....but I'd trade him for a usable wide receiver.
Right now the 19th spot is letting me hold onto the Edge's, the Henry's, the Meachum's of the world....do I really need them?
I also think if the waiver wire wasn't so barren, a Massaquoi, a Knox, a Clayton....and yes, a Simms-Walker and Austin too.....wouldn't be going for 400, 500, 900 FAAB.

Glenn

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Right now the 19th spot is letting me hold onto the Edge's, the Henry's, the Meachum's of the world....do I really need them?
I also think if the waiver wire wasn't so barren, a Massaquoi, a Knox, a Clayton....and yes, a Simms-Walker and Austin too.....wouldn't be going for 400, 500, 900 FAAB.

Glenn The fact is the waiver wire is COMPLETELY barren in ALL leagues (ALL 12 teamers included) this season.

Switch it back to 18 next year, and there will be TONS of talent available, and people will be complaining that they don't have enough spots.

Obviously I am for keepingit the way it is....

MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!! :D

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Glenn Look at the 12 team League, there's not much on the waiver wire, either. Plus hitting on Walker and so on, does it really matter how much you paid to get them? That's part of what makes the 19 man roster even better, You have to do better on the waiver wire, not just get Lucky. ;)

I had a ton's of injuries two years ago, the extra roster spot would have helped, the extra 14 on the waiver wire did not. A waiver wire pickup is not going to make up losing a 1st 2nd and a 3rd rounder. Not that an extra spot would have. :D

[ October 29, 2009, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Remember that there are no free agent pickups in Weeks 14 through 16. The 19th spot will be especially valuable for the playoffs, when you can stash an extra kicker, QB, or whatever you feel you may need.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Honest truth....I'm all for anything that keeps more teams involved longer. I've followed a couple threads that hit on this topic.....
This thread, the threads in the Primetime & Online locales on increasing playoff teams.

Being new to high stakes formats, I'm not sure yet what I feel is the best way to do that.

I'm involved in just about every contest out there and I'm still feeling my way on which format I like best.....

I do know this, it can't be good for any contest to have half the league feel it has no chance by mid-season.

I know the argument....high stakes, high risk.
While true, and maybe fair....still when investing big dollars, you'd like to at least feel like you have a chance for longer than a couple weeks.

Maybe I feel this way because I'm not as good at this as most of you....... ...

Glenn