FF is a science...

TradeStar28

FF is a science...

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:41 am

18 roster spots is PERFECT

Anymore and you will have people hording players and Defenses.

With the bye weeks and injuries, this is where the best owners will shine. Its called roster management.

Furthermore, think of all the goodies that may come back into the Free Agent Pool due to people needing to free up roster space.

:cool:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

FIGHTINGNOLES

FF is a science...

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:44 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Here is a real life example of why 18 spots may not be enough.

This week I have 2 starting players on bye. I accounted for this at the start of the year and it wasn't a problem.

Westbrook
Kevin Curtis

I also have 2 backups on bye

Correll Buckhalter
Bobby Wade

In addition to these players I have 3 additional players possibly out due to injuries.

Marvin Harrison
Andre Johnson
Vernon Davis

This leaves me one roster spot for a backup defense and one for a backup quarterback. If any other players end up on the injury report then I'm dropping a second defense or Bobby Wade just to have a starting lineup. Wade may not be a bad drop but he's there as a fill in for emergencies.

I just think that having more roster spots benefits those who are better prepared on draft day and helps those whose teams are depleted by injuries.

Wayne THIS type of situation is EXACTLY what I'm talking about regarding 20 instead of 18 player rosters...

pizzatyme

FF is a science...

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:45 am

Since when is "hoarding" a player a bad thing?

In UFS case, isn't he "hoarding" M. Smith and B. Calhoun? Or is he using mad skillz in preparing for injuries?

And isn't the only reason he is able to do either because of the relative health of his players?

Not to point you out UFS, but you used yourself as an example earlier.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

FIGHTINGNOLES

FF is a science...

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:47 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:

With the bye weeks and injuries, this is where the best owners will shine. Its called roster management.

Furthermore, think of all the goodies that may come back into the Free Agent Pool due to people needing to free up roster space.

:cool: And this is SKILL that the teams without injuries will be able to scoop up the players dropped by teams who had injuries and need to fill other positions??? And again, I've been lucky to have no injuries so far so I'm not whining but I don't think this makes your point for smaller rosters with all due respect...

da bears

FF is a science...

Post by da bears » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:48 am

:cool: Good point FI$SHER. One man's garbage can be another man's treasure. Hey great job on your start by the way. My main event team is off to a woeful 2-2 start, but I'm hoping the worst is behind me. Steve Smtih needs to get going again...or won't be invited back again to next year's party right FI$HER.
Bauler Shot Caller

KOTRAX

FF is a science...

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:49 am

:cool: I WONT SAY NECESSARILY THE BEST OWNERS WILL SHINE. WITH ALL THE INJURIES THIS YEAR THERE ARE PLAYERS I HAVE HAD TO PLAY VERSUS WANTING TO. IT WORKED FOR ME AND AGAINST ME YESTERDAY. IN ONE LEAGUE I HAD AND I MEAN HAD TO PLAY JENKINS AND I DID NOT WANT TO I HAD NO OTHER OPTION. IN A ANOTHER LEAGUE I HAD TO PLAY IKE HILLIARD. I WAS EXPECTING A BIG ZERO THERE BUT IT HELPED ME WIN. NOW THERE WAS NO SKILL IN PLAYING THOSE PEOPLE I PLAYED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY HEALTHY OPTIONS.

TradeStar28

FF is a science...

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:

:cool: And this is SKILL that the teams without injuries will be able to scoop up the players dropped by teams who had injuries and need to fill other positions??? And again, I've been lucky to have no injuries so far so I'm not whining but I don't think this makes your point for smaller rosters with all due respect...
[/QUOTE]The teams with injuries can scoop up the players dropped by the other teams with injuries too ? :cool:

TradeStar28

FF is a science...

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:54 am

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:

:cool: Good point FI$SHER. One man's garbage can be another man's treasure. Hey great job on your start by the way. My main event team is off to a woeful 2-2 start, but I'm hoping the worst is behind me. Steve Smtih needs to get going again...or won't be invited back again to next year's party right FI$HER.
[/QUOTE]Thank u....

Steve Smith is in big trouble with David Carr as the QB.......That is like coming to the party with inferior candles. :cool:

FIGHTINGNOLES

FF is a science...

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 am

Not if they were forced to bid on a player after the FIRST injury and then had a second one...The ones LUCKY enough to have had no injuries will have more FA $ to outbid them on the FAs dropped...MUCH more LUCK than SKILL IMHO...