FF is a science...

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:56 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Since when is "hoarding" a player a bad thing?

In UFS case, isn't he "hoarding" M. Smith and B. Calhoun? Or is he using mad skillz in preparing for injuries?

And isn't the only reason he is able to do either because of the relative health of his players?

Not to point you out UFS, but you used yourself as an example earlier. You are the Ultimate Hoarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. lol

18 is the best number for a 14-team, one year league, using FAAB.

MAD SKILLS would be Colts fan knowing LAST WEEK how to fill for his CHANGED SITUATION THIS WEEK.

Most of the time, he'd have exactly the same problems to deal with this week.

Quit kidding yourself if you think two extra players are going to solve every scenario that comes up in a constantly changing landscape every week.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:58 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
18 roster spots is PERFECT

Anymore and you will have people hording players and Defenses.

With the bye weeks and injuries, this is where the best owners will shine. Its called roster management.

Furthermore, think of all the goodies that may come back into the Free Agent Pool due to people needing to free up roster space.

:cool: Good point FI$SHER. One man's garbage can be another man's treasure. Hey great job on your start by the way. My main event team is off to a woeful 2-2 start, but I'm hoping the worst is behind me. Steve Smtih needs to get going again...or won't be invited back again to next year's party right FI$HER.
[/QUOTE]Thank u....

Steve Smith is in big trouble with David Carr as the QB.......That is like coming to the party with inferior candles. :cool:
[/QUOTE]Like those candles that never go out?

KOTRAX

FF is a science...

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:01 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...as SNAKE has been stating (and all the FF-educated comrades here fully realize) for years now; the BIGGEST widcard & (UN)LUCKY factor in FF is injuries...period...end of story...done...sorry Greg - as there is no wedding confetti throwing for The Serpent...60% skill, 40% luck...SNAKE WOW SOCRATES YOU DON'T MISS MUCH!!!

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:

With the bye weeks and injuries, this is where the best owners will shine. Its called roster management.

Furthermore, think of all the goodies that may come back into the Free Agent Pool due to people needing to free up roster space.

:cool: I WONT SAY NECESSARILY THE BEST OWNERS WILL SHINE. WITH ALL THE INJURIES THIS YEAR THERE ARE PLAYERS I HAVE HAD TO PLAY VERSUS WANTING TO. IT WORKED FOR ME AND AGAINST ME YESTERDAY. IN ONE LEAGUE I HAD AND I MEAN HAD TO PLAY JENKINS AND I DID NOT WANT TO I HAD NO OTHER OPTION. IN A ANOTHER LEAGUE I HAD TO PLAY IKE HILLIARD. I WAS EXPECTING A BIG ZERO THERE BUT IT HELPED ME WIN. NOW THERE WAS NO SKILL IN PLAYING THOSE PEOPLE I PLAYED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY HEALTHY OPTIONS.
[/QUOTE]Maybe no skill in playing them THAT WEEK.

But did you draw their names out of a hat? Or did you use the dart board method?

Because you have obviously indicated their is no skill in drafting for emergencies.

pizzatyme

FF is a science...

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 am

quote:Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:

:cool: And this is SKILL that the teams without injuries will be able to scoop up the players dropped by teams who had injuries and need to fill other positions??? And again, I've been lucky to have no injuries so far so I'm not whining but I don't think this makes your point for smaller rosters with all due respect...
[/QUOTE]The teams with injuries can scoop up the players dropped by the other teams with injuries too ? :cool:
[/QUOTE]Not necessarily. As an example, let's say you lost Jacobs in week 1 and had to spend to get Ward. (Some spent $600+.) Now you lose Andre Johnson and want to get the best available WR, so you get someone like Andre Davis. (Some spent $200+).

Now you are left with $200 and limited roster spots due to injury. Now, someone like Michael Jenkins or Chris Henry WR comes available, you can't necessarily go get them to "hoard" for depth. Nor can you really use Mad Skillz to get M. Smith or B. Calhoun to prepare for injuries.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

TradeStar28

FF is a science...

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:06 am

Honestly...you should have spent $1 for Andre Davis if you were a good player. If you wanna buy a player after its too late, then that is your fault,,,,
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:10 am

Honestly...you should have spent $1 for Andre Davis if you were a good player. If you wanna buy a player after its too late, then that is your fault,,,, This is a great point...

The Top 5% I referred to earlier are usually 1-3 weeks ahead of the FAAB HERD.

I've learned much from these guys. This is why I started today saying that FAAB in this game is underrated. It's a skill many are still learning and some don't even realize exists.

My strength in FAAB is judging the right amount to bid.

Like last Week... SEA for $5 and next bid was $4. And of course, the higher amounts also...

[ October 01, 2007, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]

TradeStar28

FF is a science...

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:10 am

nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002316;p=3

Here you go....CC (Shaun) asked about the Texans WR's on Friday Sept 21st....please read my answer to him....

:cool:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Greg Ambrosius

FF is a science...

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:12 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...as SNAKE has been stating (and all the FF-educated comrades here fully realize) for years now; the BIGGEST widcard & (UN)LUCKY factor in FF is injuries...period...end of story...done...sorry Greg - as there is no wedding confetti throwing for The Serpent...60% skill, 40% luck...SNAKE Snake, I would never expect you to change your mind on anything that your third person personality has already committed to. I trust you'll stick to 60-40 going forward, whether you really believe it or not. That's fine. But as others have pointed out, then you're having a much luckier year. Congrats on your luck this year.

By the way, they don't allow confetti anymore. Too many lawsuits from couples who slipped on the rice and then sued the church!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius