FF is a science...

KOTRAX

FF is a science...

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:15 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
18 roster spots is PERFECT

Anymore and you will have people hording players and Defenses.

With the bye weeks and injuries, this is where the best owners will shine. Its called roster management.

Furthermore, think of all the goodies that may come back into the Free Agent Pool due to people needing to free up roster space.

:cool: I WONT SAY NECESSARILY THE BEST OWNERS WILL SHINE. WITH ALL THE INJURIES THIS YEAR THERE ARE PLAYERS I HAVE HAD TO PLAY VERSUS WANTING TO. IT WORKED FOR ME AND AGAINST ME YESTERDAY. IN ONE LEAGUE I HAD AND I MEAN HAD TO PLAY JENKINS AND I DID NOT WANT TO I HAD NO OTHER OPTION. IN A ANOTHER LEAGUE I HAD TO PLAY IKE HILLIARD. I WAS EXPECTING A BIG ZERO THERE BUT IT HELPED ME WIN. NOW THERE WAS NO SKILL IN PLAYING THOSE PEOPLE I PLAYED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY HEALTHY OPTIONS.
[/QUOTE]Maybe no skill in playing them THAT WEEK.

But did you draw their names out of a hat? Or did you use the dart board method?

Because you have obviously indicated their is no skill in drafting for emergencies.
[/QUOTE]NO I AM NOT SAYING THAT PER SAY UFS. O.K. HERE ARE TWO SITUATIONS WHAT TAKES MORE SKILL?

A) FIVE RECEIVERS ON A ROSTER, TWO INJURED AND YOU MUST START THREE. WHAT DO YOU DO?

B) SEVEN RECEIVERS ON A ROSTER ONE INJURED AND MUST START THREE. WHAT DO YOU DO?

NOW LOOKING AT SITUATIONS A AND B WHICH SCENARIO IS THE EASIER OF THE TWO?

Coltsfan

FF is a science...

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:18 am

I've always liked the 18 person roster but I've never been in a situation where I had 4 injured stars plus bye weeks to account for. There is abolutely no way to account for massive injuries!

The problem becomes do you drop a potential stud (ie:Vernon Davis) or has anyone left a player on bye intentionally in the starting lineup before? Doesn't seem like a good option but one more injury and I may be there.

Wayne

pizzatyme

FF is a science...

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:18 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Honestly...you should have spent $1 for Andre Davis if you were a good player. If you wanna buy a player after its too late, then that is your fault,,,, Got it! I just checked the first 3 weeks of pickups. Exactly 1 player was able to get A. Davis for $1 in the Main event FAAB in week 3. He was only picked up by that team in the Main Event before it was "too late".

Does this mean that owner is the only "good player"?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

TradeStar28

FF is a science...

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:20 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Honestly...you should have spent $1 for Andre Davis if you were a good player. If you wanna buy a player after its too late, then that is your fault,,,, Got it! I just checked the first 3 weeks of pickups. Exactly 1 player was able to get A. Davis for $1 in the Main event FAAB in week 3. He was only picked up by that team in the Main Event before it was "too late".

Does this mean that owner is the only "good player"?
[/QUOTE]He was obviously the only one to listen to my advice :cool:

h t t p ://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002316;p=3

[ October 01, 2007, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: FI$HER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:24 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I've always liked the 18 person roster but I've never been in a situation where I had 4 injured stars plus bye weeks to account for. There is abolutely no way to account for massive injuries!

The problem becomes do you drop a potential stud (ie:Vernon Davis) or has anyone left a player on bye intentionally in the starting lineup before? Doesn't seem like a good option but one more injury and I may be there.

Wayne I dropped J.Jones my first year. I was left with no choice.

When this stuff happens, it would be hard with 22 man rosters also.

I still think that year was my best year at managing a team.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

pizzatyme

FF is a science...

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:26 am

Originally posted by UFS:
Honestly...you should have spent $1 for Andre Davis if you were a good player. If you wanna buy a player after its too late, then that is your fault,,,, This is a great point...

The Top 5% I referred to earlier are usually 1-3 weeks ahead of the FAAB HERD.

I've learned much from these guys. This is why I started today saying that FAAB in this game is underrated. It's a skill many are still learning and some don't even realize exists.

My strength in FAAB is judging the right amount to bid.

Like last Week... SEA for $5 and next bid was $4. And of course, the higher amounts also...
[/QUOTE]UFS, 3 weeks ahead, huh? I'll make sure to check your pickups so I can be 2 weeks ahead! I'm on the right track!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:31 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
18 roster spots is PERFECT

Anymore and you will have people hording players and Defenses.

With the bye weeks and injuries, this is where the best owners will shine. Its called roster management.

Furthermore, think of all the goodies that may come back into the Free Agent Pool due to people needing to free up roster space.

:cool: I WONT SAY NECESSARILY THE BEST OWNERS WILL SHINE. WITH ALL THE INJURIES THIS YEAR THERE ARE PLAYERS I HAVE HAD TO PLAY VERSUS WANTING TO. IT WORKED FOR ME AND AGAINST ME YESTERDAY. IN ONE LEAGUE I HAD AND I MEAN HAD TO PLAY JENKINS AND I DID NOT WANT TO I HAD NO OTHER OPTION. IN A ANOTHER LEAGUE I HAD TO PLAY IKE HILLIARD. I WAS EXPECTING A BIG ZERO THERE BUT IT HELPED ME WIN. NOW THERE WAS NO SKILL IN PLAYING THOSE PEOPLE I PLAYED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY HEALTHY OPTIONS.
[/QUOTE]Maybe no skill in playing them THAT WEEK.

But did you draw their names out of a hat? Or did you use the dart board method?

Because you have obviously indicated their is no skill in drafting for emergencies.
[/QUOTE]NO I AM NOT SAYING THAT PER SAY UFS. O.K. HERE ARE TWO SITUATIONS WHAT TAKES MORE SKILL?

A) FIVE RECEIVERS ON A ROSTER, TWO INJURED AND YOU MUST START THREE. WHAT DO YOU DO?

B) SEVEN RECEIVERS ON A ROSTER ONE INJURED AND MUST START THREE. WHAT DO YOU DO?

NOW LOOKING AT SITUATIONS A AND B WHICH SCENARIO IS THE EASIER OF THE TWO?
[/QUOTE]I'd much rather have only four now as I left Bowe and Holmes on the bench. LOL.

I got your point the first time. No need to say it five times...

And... I'd much rather be prepared for the unexpected and HAVE SOMEONE TO PLAY.

Having B.Leonard actually cost me points this week. Had I not cuffed the #2 team, I'd have 24 more points this week.

ultimatefs

FF is a science...

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:36 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
Honestly...you should have spent $1 for Andre Davis if you were a good player. If you wanna buy a player after its too late, then that is your fault,,,, This is a great point...

The Top 5% I referred to earlier are usually 1-3 weeks ahead of the FAAB HERD.

I've learned much from these guys. This is why I started today saying that FAAB in this game is underrated. It's a skill many are still learning and some don't even realize exists.

My strength in FAAB is judging the right amount to bid.

Like last Week... SEA for $5 and next bid was $4. And of course, the higher amounts also...
[/QUOTE]UFS, 3 weeks ahead, huh? I'll make sure to check your pickups so I can be 2 weeks ahead! I'm on the right track!
[/QUOTE]I'm not bidding on Crayton in LV1 this week. No need... and the guy drafted him Round 8.

Yes, I will pick up my byes for Miller and SEA 2-3 weeks before they are needed. Much cheaper that way and better match ups...

FAAB strategy for each team takes a life of its own as the season progresses. Luckily, I get a few more options this year :cool:

King of Queens

FF is a science...

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:38 am

Drafting injured or injury-prone players would certainly fall into the "skill" category. SNAKE, all four of the players you listed (Westbrook, Walker, Green and Davis) have had significant injuries in their careers. Is it really shocking that any of these players are presently out of commission?