6 Viable Options For 2012 FAAB In The NFFC In 2012

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
Looks like they narrowed it down to 2 choices across the street.

1. Wednesday only
2. Wednesday with ALL players included, and another one Friday So we are being asked to make major decisions about our rosters 4 or 5 days before the actual games are played? Would you pick up baseball players on Sunday night if all but two teams were not playing until Thursday or Friday?

I have little doubt that the luck element is going to increase dramatically this year.
[/QUOTE]Agreed Glenn. Like there isn't enough luck in fantasy football already. :eek:
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:31 am

Originally posted by FF Addict:
Greg, a question on the Friday only option (C). If your only kicker gets hurt Sunday and is playing on Thursday, does the software allow you to leave him on bench for the Thursday game and then drop and replace him during Friday waivers for a Sunday player? I wasn't sure if the software required a valid lineup for Thursday and would force you to leave your injured kicker in the starting lineup as the game is played and take a zero. I can't remember how it works. (And can it be changed if it does?) I don't know the answer to that, but I assume it's something we could address if needed. Right now my hunch is that your kicker would lock, but I'm not certain about that. It definitely would be something that would need to be addressed if Friday only was the choice of our players.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 am

I would vote E.

-I think the faab bidding process is an enjoyable fun part of the fantasy football experience. I think most people enjoy it as a 'mini-draft' they can play every week. Having 2 is more "fun" than having 1.

-I think this gives owners more control over how to manage their team during the season.

-Limiting the Weds night bid to players in the Thursday game results in the majority of free agents being available for the "BIG faab bid" on Friday where we will have more info to consider for our bids.

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 am

I would prefer only one FAAB period per week. It doesn't matter if it's Wed. Thur. or Fri. to me.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 am

If the Wednesday FAAB is adopted I think the later the better. Maybe midnight pacific time, 3 am eastern. No breaking news that late usually, but plenty of time to get home from dinner or wherever, get kids to bed if that is the case, and a couple of hours late into the night if need be to set your picks. It will feel like an extra day by going later I think.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:57 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:

1. Wednesday only
2. Wednesday with ALL players included, and another one Friday im not that bad with math. much more " D " than " A '
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:03 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FF Addict:
Greg, a question on the Friday only option (C). If your only kicker gets hurt Sunday and is playing on Thursday, does the software allow you to leave him on bench for the Thursday game and then drop and replace him during Friday waivers for a Sunday player? I wasn't sure if the software required a valid lineup for Thursday and would force you to leave your injured kicker in the starting lineup as the game is played and take a zero. I can't remember how it works. (And can it be changed if it does?) I don't know the answer to that, but I assume it's something we could address if needed. Right now my hunch is that your kicker would lock, but I'm not certain about that. It definitely would be something that would need to be addressed if Friday only was the choice of our players. [/QUOTE]The other issue you would have to consider in that situation is, even if the software allowed you to bench him, if you had another player playing in that Thursday game, you would need to field a legal lineup, which wouldnt be accomplished without a kicker.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:

1. Wednesday only
2. Wednesday with ALL players included, and another one Friday im not that bad with math. much more " D " than " A '
[/QUOTE]matter of fact if you take the time to count votes and count the people who voted for two as a half each you get :

A - 4.5
B- 0
C - 3
D - 14.5
E - 6
F - 0

This is not florida ... no hanging chad's

[ February 10, 2012, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 am

We can at least start thinking about eliminating B and F since they have no votes

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 am

It looks like the majority of people here and in the FFPC poll and wanting 2 wavier periods. I guess if I played in fewer leagues I would feel the same way. If this holds true then we will be guessing at our WW picks well before the injury news is even released AND having to go back through each league and do it again on Friday to make sure we didn't miss anything. All of this because somebody might have a kicker get injured who is playing the next Thursday night game... :cool:

Wayne