6 Viable Options For 2012 FAAB In The NFFC In 2012

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:26 am

Makes perfect sense, provided it can be programmed.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 am

ANYTHING can be programmed. It's just a matter of a cost/benefit decision.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm

I will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to assist owners who need help navigating the new world of weekly Thursday games and the WW.

My rate is $10 per half hour if prepaid and booked for weeks 1-13. A bonus of 5% of all net earnings for all teams that I work on for 3 or more weeks will be due when prizes are dispersed.

You dictate the moves, provide your login information and I do the manual labor for you. I can help search for available players at specific positions, provide my shitty advice and ensure that your moves get made prior to the first deadline.

Discounts are available for those who book multiple 30 minute blocks.

I have 20 hours worth of slots available for each week. Book me now before they sell out!

Safe, secure and dependable.

Ted's Cracked Head, your Fantasy Assistant!

Note: These rates are good through July 1, 2012.

Bonus: The first 10 owners who book and prepay for at least one hour per week will be given a bonus 30 minute period each Friday!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Genius! :D

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Makin it much too complicated . 2waiver periods the only caveat is u can't pick up players that were dropped on wednesday for the 2nd period . If people want to do all pick ups on we'd for the week let them if people want to do it 2 x let them
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Originally posted by weber:
Makin it much too complicated . 2waiver periods the only caveat is u can't pick up players that were dropped on wednesday for the 2nd period . If people want to do all pick ups on we'd for the week let them if people want to do it 2 x let them Therein lies the problem. Many people want Wednesday as the primary waivers, while others want Friday (or even Saturday) as the primary run. Two schools of thought here.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Due to the overwhelming response to my offer earlier today,

I am taking this idea to India and opening up a call center to meet the needs of this market. There are now an unlimited number of slots available. Lock in the $10 per half hour rate now!

1-800-WaiverMe
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
Makin it much too complicated . 2waiver periods the only caveat is u can't pick up players that were dropped on wednesday for the 2nd period . If people want to do all pick ups on we'd for the week let them if people want to do it 2 x let them Therein lies the problem. Many people want Wednesday as the primary waivers, while others want Friday (or even Saturday) as the primary run. Two schools of thought here. [/QUOTE]I can't understand why we'd want to make all our decisions on Wed. night, when so often player status changes on Thurs and Fri??? Just because two teams of players are playing on Thurs?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
Makin it much too complicated . 2waiver periods the only caveat is u can't pick up players that were dropped on wednesday for the 2nd period . If people want to do all pick ups on we'd for the week let them if people want to do it 2 x let them Therein lies the problem. Many people want Wednesday as the primary waivers, while others want Friday (or even Saturday) as the primary run. Two schools of thought here. [/QUOTE]I can't understand why we'd want to make all our decisions on Wed. night, when so often player status changes on Thurs and Fri??? Just because two teams of players are playing on Thurs?
[/QUOTE]The Thursday games have been creeping up on us for the past few years. Here's the history:

2005 (and for many years before)
Week 12 - 2 games
Week 13 - 0 games

2006 to 2007
Week 12 - 3 games
Week 13 - 1 game

2008 to 2011
Week 10 - 1 game
Week 11 - 1 game
Week 12 - 3 games
Week 13 - 1 game

I think people were okay with late-season Wednesday pickups for the past few years because the most important part of free agency (Weeks 2 through 9) was still taking place on Fridays. By the time Week 10 rolled around, many teams were either out of contention or nearly out of FAAB money (or both). Additionally, most of the "impact" players are usually uncovered earlier in the year -- very rarely will a Victor Cruz-type of player make an appearance late in the year. Finally, the bye weeks (which primarily take place in Weeks 4 through 9 -- and almost always the tough 6-team byes) are probably the most critical weeks for pickups.

These are the reasons why I feel people have "sucked it up" on Wednesday nights in Weeks 10 through 13 the last few years. Bottom line: the pickups in those last few weeks just aren't as important as earlier in the year.

tommypickles

Post by tommypickles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:55 pm

think people were okay with late-season Wednesday pickups for the past few years because the most important part of free agency (Weeks 2 through 9) was still taking place on Fridays. By the time Week 10 rolled around, many teams were either out of contention or nearly out of FAAB money (or both). Additionally, most of the "impact" players are usually uncovered earlier in the year -- very rarely will a Victor Cruz-type of player make an appearance late in the year. Finally, the bye weeks (which primarily take place in Weeks 4 through 9 -- and almost always the tough 6-team byes) are probably the most critical weeks for pickups.

These are the reasons why I feel people have "sucked it up" on Wednesday nights in Weeks 10 through 13 the last few years. Bottom line: the pickups in those last few weeks just aren't as important as earlier in the year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree 100% we really need 2 days of pick-ups(wed for thurs game only and fri or sat for sun and mon games) if were staying with just 1 ww pick-up i'd rather it be on fri or sat