Potential Scoring Change

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:25 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Or are you picking which rules you follow? If you believe there are rules in our event that need changing or need to be addressed in some way that's fine. Greg and I have proven we will listen and adjust our event accordingly. If you're attacking our integrity that's another matter entirely. Rules can be changed and we are always responsive to suggestions from our participants but anyone who questions our integrity does so without foundation and without cause.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:31 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Ultimately it's Greg's decision but I know we're both in agreement that you need to have a final deadline of some kind so people don't have to wait a week or so to find out if they won or lost the previous week. I can't call this anything other than pure nonsense. Weeks? What weeks? We're talking about a 1 day difference, between Wednesday afternoon and say a Thursday night. As I said, this season Elias has made Thursday the day for stat change announcements. If you admit this is Greg's decision that I am even more disappointed in his choice. The right decision would have been to do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure stats are correct and you are here on record stating that you REFUSE to do it. Ok, no problem.
For Players. By Players.

mkrucek

Potential Scoring Change

Post by mkrucek » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:32 am

quote:Originally posted by 4D:
Or are you picking which rules you follow? If you believe there are rules in our event that need changing or need to be addressed in some way that's fine. Greg and I have proven we will listen and adjust our event accordingly. If you're attacking our integrity that's another matter entirely. Rules can be changed and we are always responsive to suggestions from our participants but anyone who questions our integrity does so without foundation and without cause. [/QUOTE]Attacking your integrity? Please. A typo would be Wnsday. Thursday is not a typo. It's a different day. And asking you which day is the right one isn't questioning your integrity, it's questioning which day. You know, which day is right in the contract we signed? The one that you can't be changed during the year we are playing in.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:34 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Ultimately it's Greg's decision but I know we're both in agreement that you need to have a final deadline of some kind so people don't have to wait a week or so to find out if they won or lost the previous week. I can't call this anything other than pure nonsense. Weeks? What weeks? We're talking about a 1 day difference, between Wednesday afternoon and say a Thursday night. As I said, this season Elias has made Thursday the day for stat change announcements. If you admit this is Greg's decision that I am even more disappointed in his choice. The right decision would have been to do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure stats are correct and you are here on record stating that you REFUSE to do it. Ok, no problem. [/QUOTE]The rules are in place for this season, Alex. Again, we are willing to listen to suggestions going forward if people want to see any changes made. I think you know Greg and I have been very responsive to our participants' requests since Day 1. But the rule is in place for this season.

Attacking your integrity? Please. A typo would be Wnsday. Thursday is not a typo. It's a different day. And asking you which day is the right one isn't questioning your integrity, it's questioning which day. You know, which day is right in the contract we signed? The one that you can't be changed during the year we are playing in.The deadline is Wednesday.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mkrucek

Potential Scoring Change

Post by mkrucek » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:40 am

quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Ultimately it's Greg's decision but I know we're both in agreement that you need to have a final deadline of some kind so people don't have to wait a week or so to find out if they won or lost the previous week. I can't call this anything other than pure nonsense. Weeks? What weeks? We're talking about a 1 day difference, between Wednesday afternoon and say a Thursday night. As I said, this season Elias has made Thursday the day for stat change announcements. If you admit this is Greg's decision that I am even more disappointed in his choice. The right decision would have been to do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure stats are correct and you are here on record stating that you REFUSE to do it. Ok, no problem. [/QUOTE]The rules are in place for this season, Alex. Again, we are willing to listen to suggestions going forward if people want to see any changes made. I think you know Greg and I have been very responsive to our participants' requests since Day 1. But the rule is in place for this season.

Attacking your integrity? Please. A typo would be Wnsday. Thursday is not a typo. It's a different day. And asking you which day is the right one isn't questioning your integrity, it's questioning which day. You know, which day is right in the contract we signed? The one that you can't be changed during the year we are playing in.The deadline is Wednesday.
[/QUOTE]Wonderful, are there any other typos in the rules that we should be aware of?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

BillyWaz

Potential Scoring Change

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:49 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Our rules about scoring changes are quite clear and listed in our Rules section. As always, we're happy to hear any suggestions about changes going forward. But for this season the rules are in place. This is a total cop-out Tom. You should've done the right thing here a long time ago. You're making a mistake here. [/QUOTE]Funny how you don't call Tom, "a child" as he stated pretty much the same thing Gekko and I did....HYPOCRITE!

The point is Greg and Tom BEND OVER BACKWARDS for this contest, and while I don't always agree with everything, they certainly do more right than wrong, and I have yet to play in a better contest (and with the exception of WCOFF- actually doing a satellite this year, I have played in many of them).

Again, if you are CONSTANTLY pointing out more YOU feel that is wrong than right, why do you play here???

I certainly wouldn't play in a contest where I didn't like the way things were run, but maybe you just have more $$ to blow than I do.

[ November 13, 2007, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:50 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Our rules about scoring changes are quite clear and listed in our Rules section. As always, we're happy to hear any suggestions about changes going forward. But for this season the rules are in place. This is a total cop-out Tom. You should've done the right thing here a long time ago. You're making a mistake here. [/QUOTE]Funny how you don't call Tom, "a child" as he stated pretty much the same thing Gekko and I did....HYPOCRITE!

The point is Greg and Tom BEND OVER BACKWARDS for this contest, and while I don't always agree with everything, they certainly do more wrong than right, and I have yet to play in a better contest (and with the exception of WCOFF- actually doing a satellite this year, I have played in many of them).

Again, if you are CONSTANTLY pointing out more YOU feel that is wrong than right, why do you play here???

I certainly wouldn't play in a contest where I didn't like the way things were run, but maybe you just have more $$ to blow than I do.
[/QUOTE]Dude, doesn't your back hurt from all that asskissing?
For Players. By Players.

Route Collectors

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 am

Some good points I noticed:

1) Gekkos suggestion to have a personal conversation with Greg.....trying to encite the masses to riot is just way to "ladies gossip club" for me.

2)The rules were in place prior to our signature to participate. Why sign something you don't intend to honor unless your signature means nothing.

3)4D is right....the rules section isn't a typo....it's definately a blunder and shouldn't be swept under the rug. Even knowing this though doesn't constitute a mid season change....especially when we've had an earlier ruling on this same subject.

4)Let's get this changed for next season because it makes sense.

3INTBOY

Potential Scoring Change

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:30 am

Originally posted by 4D:

[/QUOTE]Wonderful, are there any other typos in the rules that we should be aware of?
[/QUOTE]Tom,

Your stance and continued comment that Wednesday is the rules and that's that is NOT responsive.
It's standing in the room with your ears covered not listening.

A typo in the rules is your reply? And that's that?

Seriously?

Billy Waz, you and everyone here has gone CRAZY blasting another event when anything has gone wrong.

Yet this season there is a clear error in the rules/intepretation of them.

And

KDS was screwed at the begining.

Customer service or not, bending over backwards or not I would expect the corrections to be made/acknowledged and not someone just saying "that's that".

3'