3INTBOY

Potential Scoring Change

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:33 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Ultimately it's Greg's decision but I know we're both in agreement that you need to have a final deadline of some kind so people don't have to wait a week or so to find out if they won or lost the previous week. I can't call this anything other than pure nonsense. Weeks? What weeks? We're talking about a 1 day difference, between Wednesday afternoon and say a Thursday night. As I said, this season Elias has made Thursday the day for stat change announcements. If you admit this is Greg's decision that I am even more disappointed in his choice. The right decision would have been to do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure stats are correct and you are here on record stating that you REFUSE to do it. Ok, no problem. [/QUOTE]The rules are in place for this season, Alex. Again, we are willing to listen to suggestions going forward if people want to see any changes made. I think you know Greg and I have been very responsive to our participants' requests since Day 1. But the rule is in place for this season.

Attacking your integrity? Please. A typo would be Wnsday. Thursday is not a typo. It's a different day. And asking you which day is the right one isn't questioning your integrity, it's questioning which day. You know, which day is right in the contract we signed? The one that you can't be changed during the year we are playing in.The deadline is Wednesday.
[/QUOTE]Wonderful, are there any other typos in the rules that we should be aware of?
[/QUOTE]Tom,

Your stance and continued comment that Wednesday is the rules and that's that is NOT responsive.
It's standing in the room with your ears covered not listening.

A typo in the rules is your reply? And that's that?

Seriously?

Billy Waz, you and everyone here has gone CRAZY blasting another event when anything has gone wrong.

Yet this season there is a clear error in the rules/intepretation of them.

And

KDS was screwed up at the begining.

Customer service or not, bending over backwards or not I would expect the corrections to be made/acknowledged and not someone just saying "that's that".

3'
[/QUOTE]Fixed (typo)

sportsbettingman

Potential Scoring Change

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:36 am

I think (and hope) that the NFFC will move the day to Thursday night or Friday for 2008.

To change mid-season would not be reasonable, as you'd have to go back and make it retroactive (and completely perfect) according to every Stat correction made this season...or else you would be helping some and not helping others.

2008!!!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:38 am

Lou, I am being quite responsive. I have stated quite clearly that the rule is in place and that the deadline is Wednesday. Greg has made that clear in the past and I'm reiterating that point today. I'm not sure what else you or 4D want me to say here. I have said repeatedly that Greg and I will both be responsive to any suggestions made that will improve our event. Has that not been proven since Day 1? I think it has been.

A question was raised about an issue with the Rules. I clarified it. The deadline is Wednesday. That's the rule and that's been the rule since the start of the season.

To accuse me of "not listening" really isn't fair, Lou. I'm definitely listening. Greg and I always are listening. But we have a rule in place and the rule says the final week's results will be final on Wednesday. Again, if you or Alex or anyone else wishes to talk about a better way in your opinion to do this going forward you know Greg and I will listen to that and any other suggestions you would have. We don't turn a blind eye toward our participants' requests by any means. The major changes we've implemented in the event such as KDS and 3RR came directly from you guys so I'm not sure how anyone could even begin to argue that point in good conscience.

Bottom line - the rule is in place but we'll definitely listen to ideas and suggestions for how to improve things going forward if our participants believe there is a better way of doing things. That doesn't mean we'll implement every change that's requested but we'll listen to every single one of them. That's a promise.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 am

Tom: I feel bad for you trying to stay professional while a select few try to belittle you, greg, and other participants.

I gotta give you and greg a lot of credit for dealing with people acting like children (and yes, I was one of them early on). At least I apologized. Let's see how many of the select few apologize. Have any of them had the guts to call and speak to you about this issue? This will speak a lot toward their intentions.

[ November 13, 2007, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

3INTBOY

Potential Scoring Change

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Lou, I am being quite responsive. I have stated quite clearly that the rule is in place and that the deadline is Wednesday. Greg has made that clear in the past and I'm reiterating that point today. I'm not sure what else you or 4D want me to say here. I have said repeatedly that Greg and I will both be responsive to any suggestions made that will improve our event. Has that not been proven since Day 1? I think it has been.

A question was raised about an issue with the Rules. I clarified it. The deadline is Wednesday. That's the rule and that's been the rule since the start of the season.

To accuse me of "not listening" really isn't fair, Lou. I'm definitely listening. Greg and I always are listening. But we have a rule in place and the rule says the final week's results will be final on Wednesday. Again, if you or Alex or anyone else wishes to talk about a better way in your opinion to do this going forward you know Greg and I will listen to that and any other suggestions you would have. We don't turn a blind eye toward our participants' requests by any means. The major changes we've implemented in the event such as KDS and 3RR came directly from you guys so I'm not sure how anyone could even begin to argue that point in good conscience.

Bottom line - the rule is in place but we'll definitely listen to ideas and suggestions for how to improve things going forward if our participants believe there is a better way of doing things. That doesn't mean we'll implement every change that's requested but we'll listen to every single one of them. That's a promise. Next year, Friday at noon would be the earliest. That way it would satisfy the concern of changing FA bids, and make sure the announced dates would be covered.

Personally I didn't think it was right earlier this season and said that then, so there has been no change in my position and comments. I do think it should be changed right away, the event is knowingly allowing teams to lose points due to a rule that cannot be followed by either the event or the company that would change the stats.

3'

PS GG-Please, let people who REALLY do care have a discussion. I gave the WCOFF a hard time when they deserved it; and it was out of respect for the hobby and their game. No difference here.

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:51 am

Originally posted by Route C:
1) Gekkos suggestion to have a personal conversation with Greg.....trying to encite the masses to riot is just way to "ladies gossip club" for me. Enciting riots is not my style. That's a job well done by others around here. This issue should've recieved front page attention the moment the first scoring change wasn't made and it did not. I simply wanted to continue bringing attention to it and show the weekly impact of this rule. People need to know that they are not getting the correct scores. And I'll tell you something else, I'll be sure to pay close attention to scoring changes come weeks 14-16 and how/if they effect outcomes.
For Players. By Players.

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:51 am

We'll definitely talk about this going forward, Lou. That's a promise. Thanks for the suggestion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Yoda's S*x Slave

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Yoda's S*x Slave » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:53 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Our rules about scoring changes are quite clear and listed in our Rules section. As always, we're happy to hear any suggestions about changes going forward. But for this season the rules are in place. This is a total cop-out Tom. You should've done the right thing here a long time ago. You're making a mistake here. [/QUOTE]The point is Greg and Tom BEND OVER BACKWARDS for this contest, and while I don't always agree with everything, they certainly do more wrong than right ,
[/QUOTE]:confused: :confused:
HE LIKES TO USE THE FORCE

williamhare

Potential Scoring Change

Post by williamhare » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:56 am

And Route C's issue on retroactivity, how might you approach that nugget?
HMan83