Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Friday at 11 AM EST

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 am

I was so happy to see preseason football, then the POOP hit the fan.. No need for Ridley to blowup like that... Dont worry, next week will be Gronkowski and Vereen... Tom & Greg, looking for the vibe from LAMBEAU.... 5wide & Rodgers throwing 4 td's aweek.. Update on Driver... I've bumped heads with Tom for years, is it finally time for Jones & Jordy, nevermind the rookie.. RB situation? Grant 60% Starks 40%... Insiders want to know... Labor Day cant get here soon enough...Coronas on me!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:39 am

Yeah, we'll definitely post our thoughts about the Packers on Saturday and Sunday. They're in DC meeting the President today. That'll be on The NFL Network apparently in about 10 minutes or so.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:45 am

Tom, come labor day and the hype of some players, can you see Larry Fitzgerald going ahead of Roddy ? Secondly with the dropoff in Stud wr, can he slip into the 1st round? Is VJ in that catagory with AJ and Calvin... He's happy and 11million reasons for a MONSTER year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Tom, come labor day and the hype of some players, can you see Larry Fitzgerald going ahead of Roddy ? Secondly with the dropoff in Stud wr, can he slip into the 1st round? Is VJ in that catagory with AJ and Calvin... He's happy and 11million reasons for a MONSTER year. I wouldn't put VJ in their class but the next tier after the stud WRs. I'd view him in the same group as Jennings, Austin and Wayne. Strong WR1 but not an elite one.

I definitely could see Fitz vaulting up to second or third among WRs. He's a stud WR with a significantly more talented to work with. I like him a lot as a Top 5 WR this season with Top 3 upside.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
yeah that's not going to continue though. Tolbert's going to pass him in adp i think. That's a lot of ground to make up. I think Mathews stays ahead of him but Tolbert needs to be drafted higher. If Mathews starts slipping, I will start viewing him as a value pick. I'd be happy with him as my RB2. As long as he's able to stay healthy he's going to get touches and his talent is undeniable in my opinion. So even in a committee he could still be a solid RB2. [/QUOTE]tolbert seems like a guy who can't handle the rock more than 12-15 times a game without breaking down. didn't tolbert end the year getting taken out on a cart because of a neck injury? he's kinda like reggie bush. he's good in his limited role. ask him to do too much and he breaks down. he'll have some good games no doubt. but if matthews can stay healthy he can surge to 1st round numbers IMO. big IF though

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:58 am

My final thought, I'm with you with VJ, my question is early 2nd round & you already have Calvin or AJ, do you force a lesser back or choose VJ... Do you take him ahead of Jennings,Miles? I have NO love for Wayne, think he's slipping, plus Peyton's neck...I'll pass...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:05 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
My final thought, I'm with you with VJ, my question is early 2nd round & you already have Calvin or AJ, do you force a lesser back or choose VJ... Do you take him ahead of Jennings,Miles? I have NO love for Wayne, think he's slipping, plus Peyton's neck...I'll pass... I think early second is too soon for VJax. I'd rather have Mendy, Gore or MJD there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:32 am

Tom & Greg -

Now that you've taken the plunge with 1.0 PPR for RBs in the 12-team leagues ... any thought to standardizing on that for all leagues to eliminate possible confusion while saving us players an extra column in the spreadsheet?

I was OK with 0.5, but since the 12's have changed I'd rather see consistent scoring over the various NFFC leagues rather than have 2 sets of NFFC-scoring rules.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Tom & Greg -

Now that you've taken the plunge with 1.0 PPR for RBs in the 12-team leagues ... any thought to standardizing on that for all leagues to eliminate possible confusion while saving us players an extra column in the spreadsheet?

I was OK with 0.5, but since the 12's have changed I'd rather see consistent scoring over the various NFFC leagues rather than have 2 sets of NFFC-scoring rules. I think anything is possible in 2012. We may have to change some things we've done for years here to appeal to the masses that want a game they are more familiar with, but obviously that can't be until 2012. But yes, I will be open for suggestions going forward. For now, I'm making you do twice as much work on the RBs to really prove who is the best owner in both formats!! :D Sorry about that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:51 am

While we are on the subject of 2012, will you expand your live events on the 2nd weekend in September to include New York in addition to Vegas? Kids always start school and my anniversary falls around Labor Day weekend every year (married in 2000 before I knew about high stakes fantasy football - I would know better today), and it is therefore much easier for me to attend a live event on that 2nd weekend.