Monday Night Football Tops MLB Playoffs

Money

Post by Money » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
That is because watching baseball is like picking out socks. Billy,

Obviously you haven't been paying attention the last couple of weeks. Football is Great but Baseball is just as Great!!

Last nights Tigers / Yankees game was a Classic and there are many more great games to come this month!! Jump on board, baseball is Great place to be right now!!!!
Joe

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:28 am

Money, I'll admit the post season brings more excitement to baseball or any sport for that matter, but 162 games is CRAZY.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:40 am

Originally posted by Money:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
That is because watching baseball is like picking out socks. Billy,

Obviously you haven't been paying attention the last couple of weeks. Football is Great but Baseball is just as Great!!

Last nights Tigers / Yankees game was a Classic and there are many more great games to come this month!! Jump on board, baseball is Great place to be right now!!!!
[/QUOTE]i'm with ya money.....i am a huge baseball fan. as much as i love the cowboys (yeah i know they sucked) i would rather see the phillies win it.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:20 am

Post season baseball great but gotta go with diesel on 162 games not nearly exciting as nfl regular season.

would love to see phillies lose. sorry gambler.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:59 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
Post season baseball great but gotta go with diesel on 162 games not nearly exciting as nfl regular season.

would love to see phillies lose. sorry gambler. if st. louis beats them tonight they would be more then deserving. that would mean they beat cliff lee and roy halladay in philly

i see the phils taking it tonight 5-1.....book it

of course football is more exciting, every game matters. with baseball you kinda lose interest in the early summer months.

as long as the baseball season is, i still find myself watching the majority of the phillies games

[ October 07, 2011, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

botherk

Post by botherk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

Baseball is the sweetness that comes with the day to day life of being married.
Football, the mistress.
Everyday an adventure full of intrigue.
Both have their places.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:27 am

I loved my first season of fantasy baseball (not only becuase I won my only league :cool: )

Great to have a daily interest which involves actual fantasy points rather than the constant over analyzing of football tuesday through saturday.

[ October 07, 2011, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 am

Wow, now I see what you baseball fans mean. I'm breathless. How am I ever going to recover from the excitement of last night's 1-0 Phillies-Cardinals game? The Cards get one run in the first inning on two hits, and then the Phillies get 3 hits for the entire game! I mean, it was riveting this back and forth pitcher's duel. You talk about being glued to the television. How do baseball fans deal with all the adrenaline rushes? The fast-paced action? I barely had time to record a called strike on my scorecard before the next pitch was thrown. Don't these guys ever slow down? It's a young man's spectator sport, that's for sure. Especially for 3+ hours with no dead space. Shouldn't they be adding more commercials?.

The best part is that we now get a best-of-seven ALCS, NLCS, AND World Series! If we’re lucky, we’ll get 21 more games of this heart pumping action. Pure Nirvana!

Billy is wrong when he says that watching baseball is like picking out socks. It’s way more exciting than that. It’s like watching grass grow. No, wait a minute…it’s like watching paint dry. No, no…hold on…I got it. It’s like watching a toilet flush. Yep, that just about nails it.

I can't watch anymore of these playoffs because I'm gonna have a heart attack from all the non-stop action. Wake me when it’s over. :rolleyes:
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Money

Post by Money » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:31 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Wow, now I see what you baseball fans mean. I'm breathless. How am I ever going to recover from the excitement of last night's 1-0 Phillies-Cardinals game? The Cards get one run in the first inning on two hits, and then the Phillies get 3 hits for the entire game! I mean, it was riveting this back and forth pitcher's duel. You talk about being glued to the television. How do baseball fans deal with all the adrenaline rushes? The fast-paced action? I barely had time to record a called strike on my scorecard before the next pitch was thrown. Don't these guys ever slow down? It's a young man's spectator sport, that's for sure. Especially for 3+ hours with no dead space. Shouldn't they be adding more commercials?.

The best part is that we now get a best-of-seven ALCS, NLCS, AND World Series! If we’re lucky, we’ll get 21 more games of this heart pumping action. Pure Nirvana!

Billy is wrong when he says that watching baseball is like picking out socks. It’s way more exciting than that. It’s like watching grass grow. No, wait a minute…it’s like watching paint dry. No, no…hold on…I got it. It’s like watching a toilet flush. Yep, that just about nails it.

I can't watch anymore of these playoffs because I'm gonna have a heart attack from all the non-stop action. Wake me when it’s over. :rolleyes:
Mr. Shrink,

I feel for you not being able to enjoy the classic game last night and yes it was a classic. Just the third 1-0 deciding game in major league history. I believe that there are many more football fans that truly enjoy both games than those that can simply enjoy the one. I could go on and on about the virtue of last nights game but it would fall on deaf ears with your opinion of the game. With that opinion I doubt you could've stood for watching the game in it's entirety. I feel sorry you for not being able to realize the same enjoyment out of the game that so many of us do.

Good luck with your season.
Joe

matthickok

Post by matthickok » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:34 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

Ah the internet age of ADD, multi-tasking, and instant gratification. Welcome to the 21st century. I don't think there's any question that football had more action than baseball. Football has more than 2x as many men on the field on any given play, all involved, all running around, and of course, there's violence. I love it too.

That said, did you just compare last night's game which

was a historic pitcher's duel
in an already historic baseball postseason
featuring one of the best pitchers of this generation
which saw the heavily favored world series team lose
at home
1-0
in an elimination game

to flushing a toilet?

Imo, there is no art more beautiful than a pitcher's duel. A pitcher has to guess what a hitter is guessing on every pitch and consistently keep them off-balance and confused. It's like a quarterback making the completion when he only has one target and it's on Revis island... 100+ times consecutively. Pitch selection alone is a great game of cat and mouse, but when it's executed to perfection in a game like last night...

Doughboys analogy is near perfect. I can't think of a better one.