Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC Drafting Online?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:41 am

Even though we are hosting live drafts in eight different cities for the NFFC this year, we still do offer an online option for the two main events. We do this because we know that no matter how close we're able to bring the live drafts to folks some people still can't make it. And so we offer the online version to make sure that everyone who wants to compete for the $100,000 Classic grand prize and the $50,000 Primetime grand prize can still compete.

We've made this online option available in past years and we also did it with no problem this year in baseball. All of those signing up for this option will be placed in the same online league with others, so everyone is in the same drafting situation. Everyone drafts online using the Fanball draft software and unlike the live drafts there are no breaks through the 19 or 20 rounds. Cost is the same as the live events with a $50 Events Fee.

Here are the current signups for each online option:

NFFC CLASSIC ONLINE
nffc.fanball.com
Saturday, Sept. 4th, 1 p.m. EST
1. Glenn Karant, Plantation, Florida
2. Paul Clein, Germantown, Tennessee
3. Paul Clein, Germantown, Tennessee
4. Chad Schroeder, Omaha, Nebraska
5. Joe Conte, Campbell, California
6. William del Pilar, Valley Center, California
7. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
8. Brett Lala, Covington, Louisiana
9. Ron Chan, San Francisco, California
10. Philip Popo, Newark, Delaware
11. Matthew Bayley, Natick, Massachusetts
12. Bill Strickler, Holiday, Florida
13. Marc Meltzer, Jupiter, Florida
14. Ryan McMichael, Suffolk, Virginia
15. Ron Kraus, Medfield, Massachusetts
16. Edward Klein, Delray Beach, Florida
17. Mike Rinaldi, Glenmont, New York
18. Korey Gardner, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
19. Carl Kunda, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
20. Minh Tan Diep, Chau, AK
21. Erik Duerschmidt, Green Bay, Wisconsin
22. Tory Vernon, Nicoma Park, Oklahoma
23. Shane Schroeder, Ft. Collins, Colorado
24. Paul Jager, Kansas City, Missouri
25. Josh Miceli, Los Gatos, California
26. Ross Mallor, New York, New York
27. Kenneth Ford, Kailua, Hawaii
28. James Roday Rodriguez, New York, New York
29. Joe Ligon, Page, Arizona
30. Frank Heron, Parkland, Florida
31. Danny Dietrick, Celebration, Florida
32. Roc Frost, Mission Viejo, California
33. David Hubbard, Arlington, Texas

NFFC PRIMETIME MAIN EVENT (12 TEAMS)
Saturday, Sept. 4th, 6 p.m. EST
1. Glenn Karant, Plantation, Florida
2. Joe Conte, Campbell, California
3. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
4. Ron Chan, San Francisco, California
5. Bill Strickler, Holiday, Florida
6. Marc Meltzer, Jupiter, Florida
7. William del Pilar, Valley Center, California
8. Ryan McMichael, Suffolk, Virginia
9. Ron Kraus, Medfield, Massachusetts
10. Chad Schroeder, Omaha, Nebraska
11. Erik Duerschmidt, Green Bay, Wisconsin
12. Tory Vernon, Nicoma Park, Oklahoma
13. Ross Mallor, New York, New York
14. Kenneth Ford, Kailua, Hawaii
15. James Roday Rodriguez, New York, New York
16. Frank Heron, Parkland, Florida
17. Danny Dietrick, Celebration, Florida
18. Jerry Kishineff, Napa, California
19. James Nimke, Arlington, Texas
20. David Hubbard, Arlington, Texas
21. Marc Chamberlain, Omaha, Nebraska

We are also allowing folks to draft in the NFFC Draft Champions Championship online and compete for that $10,000 national championship that way. We already have some signups for that and if possible everyone again would be in the same league drafting under the same conditions through 26 rounds. Here's the current signup list for that one:

NFFC DRAFT CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONSHIP ONLINE
nffc.fanball.com
Friday, Sept. 3
1. Jason Emma, Nanticoke, Pennsylvania (would do Buffalo)
2. Joe Conte, Campbell, California (11 am PST)
3. Joe Conte, Campbell, California (4 pm PST)
4. Bill Strickler, Holiday, Florida

[ August 02, 2010, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 am

Originally posted by GK:
* Champion of 3 of last 4 NFFC Main Leagues (Classic & Primetime)Ya know... everytime I see these signatures w/ our triumphs listed I wonder "How many other leagues has this person been in?". For instance, if 2008 was your first year in the mains, then this truly is a remarkable record. OTOH, if you've done 2 mains each of the last 5 years, then you're batting .300 and maybe not even in the positive on money.

Even in the magazines and the website, where top winners are profiled, I'm always curious, "How many other leagues were they in that year?". For someone whose in 10+ high-stakes leagues per year to only win one or two of them, there may very well be some equally-skilled players just not entering as many contests.

Just thinking out loud a bit.

[ July 01, 2010, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:51 am

Originally posted by GK:
...personally I feel that WINNING PERCENTAGE is the BEST barometer when determining a FF player's success - and it does NOT matter how many leagues that they enter or not (whether that be 23 or 3 - it's the same recipe to determine who the supposed "best" players really are imho)...GK Glenn,
I could be wrong, but I think Sandman is wondering how you did in years 2004 - 2007 in these Main Events. After all, 99% of the players out there only play in one classic and one primetime.....so we are all equal there.

renman

Post by renman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 am

Gk,

I agree with you. Percentage of cashes or wins or making the post season is a much better barometer of true fantasy football talents than overall prize money or total leagues won that are hugely impacted by being able to play in a high number of events every year.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 am

Originally posted by GK:
...personally I feel that WINNING PERCENTAGE is the BEST barometer when determining a FF player's success - and it does NOT matter how many leagues that they enter or not (whether that be 23 or 3 - it's the same recipe to determine who the supposed "best" players really are imho)...GK Glenn,
I could be wrong, but I think Sandman is wondering how you did in years 2004 - 2007 in these Main Events. After all, 99% of the players out there only play in one classic and one primetime.....so we are all equal there.

To help answer your question, Mike, the primetime didn't exist till 2008. The classic was the only show in town from 2004 - 2007.

[ July 01, 2010, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 am

Well, I do believe the sampling size has to be of a significant nature before drawing conclusions. For example, we've done 3 NFFC events so far - the 2008 $1300 Primetime, then both the Classic and Primetime last year. We're 2:3, but I realize that sampling size is far too small to declare ourselves "top players". This year, we're doing the Classic, Primetime, DC and Online. Now... if we win a couple/few of these, even if we don't hit the big playoff money, then I might start to think we're capable of hanging w/ the big boys/girls. ;)