Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC Drafting Online?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...personally I feel that WINNING PERCENTAGE is the BEST barometer when determining a FF player's success - and it does NOT matter how many leagues that they enter or not (whether that be 23 or 3 - it's the same recipe to determine who the supposed "best" players really are imho)...GK I totally agree. Some have requested to Greg that this kind of information be made available on their web site. We will see if it's ever going to happen.

We just sent our check for $6450.00 in entry fees (and we will probably add to it this year). This might very well be our last year in the NFFC if they don't do something about reporting the history teams in their events.

Without the history being available, it really doesn't seem to matter who's events I'm going to get in next year if it always seems like we start from scratch each year. It will soon come down to who offers me the best deal each year if there is no history to consider with the NFFC. Just my thoughts on it.

Mike
[/QUOTE]Wow, has this thread gone in many directions!! :D Good topics, but the name of this subject has nothing to do with the topics here!!

Mike is right, it's important to have Lifetime Standings and past history for every event. We were able to rank all of our players in the main event in the past, but it was still confusing with some folks playing 6 years, some 5 years, some 4 years, etc. Now the addition of the Primetime makes it tough to compare owners as well.

Mike is right, we want to figure this out. Right now I don't even have access to our past history because it's all being transferred from STATS to your team pages. Hopefully when that is done in the next week all of your past teams will be there. Then we'll see if we can calculate this as Mike suggests or not. Honestly, I'm not sure if we can do everything Mike is suggesting, but we certainly would have records of the top teams and be able to honor them in our NFFC Hall of Fame or NFFC Winners links on the web site. That would be easy and the right thing to do for each format.

Once we have all the data together, we'll see what we can do in this regard. Mike has provided suggestions to me and I'll try to work on it all once the data is here. Nobody likes historical data, trends, statistics, point breakdowns, etc., more than me and honoring the best of the best in each of our formats is the way to go. We'll get it done...if the data is all there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 am

Thanks Greg.

If good intentions were all that counted ... you guys would be gold. I didn't expect this information to be available next week (or even before the start of this season). If I did, I would still be holding out and not have sent a check for $6450.00 for 5 events for 2010. Money talks ... and mine says I am still 100% on board with what the NFFC is doing (and trying to do).

I am hoping that something will be added to the history before sign ups for the 2011 season start. If not, I will assume it's not going to happen (which is totally OK and totally up to you guys). It just means I need to make decisions accordingly and realize there is effectively no history for this event.

All I was trying to say was ... The event history is important to me. Without it, the NFFC is less special to me and I will take a hard look at other options for next year (It's good for you guys to know that now so you have a chance to do something about it if you want to).

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 am

I hear ya Mike, but I don't have access to that event history just yet. It's being put into our site now. Once we have all of that loaded, I hope to get on this. Event History is vital to our event and separates us from those who started much later than us. We just need the data now and then we can make some of this happen.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

elk42

Post by elk42 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Greg--I just signed up for the Online Classic--returning for my second year of fun.

Ed Klein

[ July 05, 2010, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: E ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:27 am

Originally posted by E:
Greg--I just signed up for the Online Classic--returning for my second year of fun.

Ed Klein Welcome aboard Ed. We're going to fill up multiple online Classic leagues again this year and have some fun. Sorry we can't return to Florida, but maybe next year we'll find a hot spot in the Sunshine State. Good luck this year online and we'll see ya in person next year.

Dave Clum

Post by Dave Clum » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by E:

Ed Klein Welcome aboard Ed. We're going to fill up multiple online Classic leagues again this year and have some fun. Sorry we can't return to Florida, but maybe next year we'll find a hot spot in the Sunshine State. Good luck this year online and we'll see ya in person next year.
[/QUOTE]...Greg, as I (and the Fi$hers) have been suggesting to you for the last three years running - the "hot spot" in FL is NOT Tampa nor Orlando but rather Fort Lauderdale or Miami - GUARANTEED not to fail...GK
[/QUOTE]I am sold.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 am

Greg, why is there a $50 events fee being charged for drafting online?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:49 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Greg, why is there a $50 events fee being charged for drafting online? Because we don't want that being a cheaper option and folks choosing to stay home and do it online to save money. Folks who travel to the live events already are paying more to do these drafts and they are paying extra for food and beverage. I know that folks who draft online don't get the add-ons, but to make it a cheaper option wouldn't be right either.

We're waiving the Events Fees if you do both mains online. Otherwise, there is a $50 Events Fee this year. Sorry, but we want the live events to grow and they won't grow if there's a cheaper alternative while staying at home.

hammer

Post by hammer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:51 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Greg, why is there a $50 events fee being charged for drafting online? This is a joke, right?