Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC Drafting Online?

hammer

Post by hammer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:53 am

An events fee for an online draft?

[ July 26, 2010, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: hammer ]

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 am

Originally posted by hammer:
An events fee for an online draft? you'll get a coupon in the mail for Pizza Hut ;)

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:21 am

KJ, Glad you can make light of a $50 charge. If you let them take this, what is next?

I decided to take the LIVE option in Boston, despite the fact I'll have to shell out
a few more dollars - but that is me. If the ONLINE option was the only option left to me I'd
just as soon pass on the entire event than pay that ridiculous $50 charge. Maybe I'm in the minority but I agree 100% with Hammer.

I understand you want to grow the events, but if you've lost even one customer to this $50
fee...shame of you NFFC. There is enough money
in "takeout" if you do the math regarding each league. Nobody needs another deduction.

The Online Championship still remains the best game in the house on several fronts, first
is there is no fee involved. The three teams for $950 is also an EXCELLENT incentive to jump from
one team to three. I'd suggest that format to anybody that finds a $50 entry fee excessive. I'm a charter member, been here since Day #1. I'll never take an added fee for granted going forward. I applaud HAMMER for speaking out.

[ July 26, 2010, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 am

Originally posted by Sack:
KJ, Glad you can make light of a $50 charge. If you let them take this, what is next?

I decided to take the LIVE option in Boston, despite the fact I'll have to shell out
a few more dollars - but that is me. If the ONLINE option was the only option left to me I'd
just as soon pass on the entire event than pay that ridiculous $50 charge. Maybe I'm in the minority but I agree 100% with Hammer.

I understand you want to grow the events, but if you've lost even one customer to this $50
in "takeout" if you do the math regarding each league. Nobody needs another deduction.

The Online Championship still remains the best game in the house on several fronts, first
is there is no fee involved. The three teams for $950 is also an EXCELLENT incentive to jump from
one team to three. I'd suggest that format to anybody that finds a $50 entry fee excessive. I'm a charter member, been here since Day #1. I'll never take an added fee for granted going forward. I applaud HAMMER for speaking out. Sack, they're making business decisions. They could drop the events fee and lower the payout ratio, but end of the day it doesn't matter - I'm sure they're looking at revs and expenses. Event fee is a marketing tool to keep the payout ratio up. I doubt they'd lose any less customers if they lowered the payout and waived the event fee. The second reason is to not incentivize people to play online over the live event - if you like "live" events, I'm sure you can see why that's a good idea.

I'm no different than you, I want the highest payback possible on the lges I play. But whether it is buried in the basic payout structure, or tacked on as an event surcharge doesn't really matter to me.

[ July 26, 2010, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 am

Originally posted by Sack:

one team to three. I'd suggest that format to anybody that finds a $50 entry fee excessive. I'm a charter member, been here since Day #1. I'll never take an added fee for granted going forward. I applaud HAMMER for speaking out. Nobody is making light of this Kenny and it's fine for folks to make decisions as they see fit. As you've said many times, you think the Online Championship is the best value for both games. We are doing everything we can to bring the live events to each region of the country and to save everyone money. We are doing everything we can to grow the live events. If we just wanted to have a national contest online and eliminate all of these extra expenses, we'd lower the online portion and grow that.

But we are already seeing more and more people drafting the main events online and that's fine. Those folks are choosing to save money and save time and draft from home. We are giving them that opportunity. But to make that cheaper than the live events would further cut into our live events. If folks would rather not pay that Events Fee and like you say do the Online Championship instead that is their right. We don't want to lose a single player by being a penny wise and a dollar foolish with this Events Fee. But if everyone drafts online then our Live Event is done.

This is the first year we've ever had an Events Fee and yes the online main event drafters are helping with the expenses at the live events. All costs are the same for the main events, online or live. And hopefully both areas will grow.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:19 am

We are now working on our third Classic League and second Primetime League online and we're happy to welcome our latest signup, Danny Dietrick of Celebration, Florida. Danny is doing both events and over the last two years he's made the Championship Round in both events each year. In fact, he's 5-for-5 now since joining the Classic in 2007. Danny wrote a Draft Strategy article for our second Fantasy Sports Magazine this year and we hope he didn't let out all of his secrets to his competitors! :D I know he wanted to draft in Dallas or Las Vegas or Chicago this year, but it just didn't work out, but we're glad to have him back online anyway. Thanks Danny and best of luck this year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius