Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC In Buffalo?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 am

Chicago is starting to shape up as my #1 choice with Rob in Buffalo. Now if I can get Ellis and Gerzak to get intrigued by lobster, this becomes a no brainer. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Chicago is starting to shape up as my #1 choice with Rob in Buffalo. Now if I can get Ellis and Gerzak to get intrigued by lobster, this becomes a no brainer. :D Had ALL 3 in my Classic league last year.....certainly wasn't easy! ;)

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Wouldn't intimidate me, Billy, as I'm sure it didn't intimidate you but contrary to what Tom said in another thread, the amount of firepower in a particular city does make a difference where I play each year.

Yes, I could win that league, but with that much PROVEN firepower, my chances of winning the whole thing would be slim. Those cats aren't going to make too many draft and FA blunders so the chances of me having a potent Championship Round team would not be good.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Billy, order a case of the Sensuous Slathering Sauce when you order more Wango-Tango Habanero sauce. This sauce makes a GREAT base for numerous dishes. It is easy to doctor up for just about any type of flesh.

I like to go 50/50 with the two of them and slather me up some thin BBQ'd pork chops, grilled onions and throw it on a nice pretzel roll. That is dinner tomorrow night!!!!!!!!! I have one Wango and two Slathering left and have been rationing them for a couple of months knowing I would be making a trip some time this summer.

50/50 the two, add some tomato paste, fresh onions, green peppers, add a nice sharp cheddar and make some killer sloppy joe.

I am a huge blues fan so the Dinosaur experience is one of my favs. Other than seeing Strasburg pitch, the Dinosaur BBQ may be the only reason to go to Syracuse.

Starsburg pitched his third game tonight. here is his line after his first 3 AAA starts: 18.1 innings, 22 Ks, 4 hits, 4 walks and NO runs allowed.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 am

Oh boy, Buffalo is already shaping up as a good, tough city to compete in. Not only does it look like Rob Benetti, our 2006 NFFC Classic champion, will be doing the NFFC Doubleheader at The Ralph, but now another former overall champ is coming to Buffalo. Jason Emma, our 2004 NFFC Classic champion who teamed up with Mark Srebro, has also committed to the NFFC Doubleheader at The Ralph. Nice. Welcome back Jason and it's good to have two of our first three overall champions in the same city.

Hey, and the early field also includes Jeff Tirabassi, a veteran NFFC and high-stakes player who has also had good success, and NFFC veterans Jeremy Gnozzo and Neal McMullen. I love the start here already.

Let's keep it rolling in upstate New York. This could be a lot of fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 20, 2010 3:16 am

Jason also signed up for a Draft Champions League and will do it online if we can't get one in Buffalo. I don't have The Ralph reserved for Friday because I wasn't sure of the interest in Buffalo for the Auction and Draft Champions leagues, but we'll make it happen if the interest is there. If anyone else is thinking about going to Boston and also has interest in the DC or Auction League, let me know and we'll keep a running total and make plans accordingly. Thanks Jason and good luck in Buffalo.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 20, 2010 4:53 am

I just talked to the Bills' rep this morning and we will have free parking in the stadium for all NFFC members. I'll get details on what gate to enter and how you get to the Kelly Room in the coming weeks, but parking is free and they are working on a mini tour or a walk on the field now. A lot of this will be last minute depending on the weather, the Bills' practice schedule, etc., but they are ready to show us a good time at The Ralph and things are moving along nicely here. Thanks all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 20, 2010 8:37 am

We added our first new NFFC member to the Classic today as Rick Falvo of New Hartford, New York just signed up. We now have six signups for the Classic main event in Buffalo, a GREAT start to the week there. It looks like Rick is a Fanball and CDM player who is ready to jump into our 14-team format for a shot at the $100,000 grand prize. Welcome aboard Rick and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and the $100,000 grand prize. Now read up on the rules and get ready for Third Round Reversal and KDS. You'll love it.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 am

Bump
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 am

We're glad to add two more signups to the NFFC Classic main event in Buffalo as NFFC veteran Dominic Cristelli of Smyrna, Georgia is heading north this year for the big dance and Jeremy Wilck is heading to Buffalo this year after drafting in Chicago last year. We're glad to have both owners on board and ready to go in Buffalo.

As some of our members know, we have some work to do in Buffalo right now as far as a draft venue. To make a long story short, the Bills have told us that they can't host the NFFC draft at Ralph Wilson Stadium because the NFL has guidelines on what can and can't be hosted at an NFL stadium. We had worked closely with the Bills about hosting the NFFC inside the Ralph and the people we were working with were EXTREMELY excited to make this happen. But apparently someone at the NFL didn't think this was a good idea and now we're trying to finalize a new location.

Not to make this a big issue, but it's disappointing from our standpoint because here we are at an MLB stadium hosting a football draft in New York City and certainly nobody at the MLB is making waves over this. It's a shame that the NFL doesn't see the good that can come out of hosting live fantasy football drafts at their own stadiums. Hopefully we'll get over that in future years and still be the first contest to host a live event at an NFL stadium.

Anyway, we need to move on and find a new venue. We have two good options in the area and will post those soon. If you're signed up for this event, realize that we are working on this and will have an announcement soon. Sorry for the confusion, but this news came to us recently and we were as thrown off by the news as you are. But we'll figure out a plan and post it shortly. Thanks all and keep the signups coming.