Suggestions To Improve Your Team Links

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Greg, thanks for asking for input.

Maybe I missed it above, but I'd like to be able to see live scoring for my teams and their opponents on the login page. It is a pain to have to go to each league, click live scoring, and then wash rinse repeat for each league.

Also, prior to the scoring, I'd like to see my upcoming opponent's h2h record and total points on this login page. I'd also like to see the same for my teams.

Finally, I'd love the ability to prioritize my teams on the login page (ala KDS, so to speak). This way, as the season progresses, I can have the teams I want to see first at the top of the page, etc.

Your suggestion of separating Main Events, live events, and sats based on entry fee is good, but if I could have total control on ranking my leagues from top to bottom as I see fit, would be awesome.

Thanks again for asking.

Russ
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:29 am

Greg,

These are great ideas here! :D

It shouldn't be any problem to have DC's update the best possible lineup with live scoring. I have an excel program that does this but I have to manually insert the scores after each game. It will then use the "large" function to sort out the best scores as well as who is the flex. I have updated information on my teams but I can't see how the other teams are doing.

It would also be nice to have live scoring during the playoffs. It sucks to have to wait until the next day to see how everyone is doing.

I love the idea of the separation by year and event type. It would be nice if we could easily access leagues from 3 years ago to see our old teams and even who we played against. I'm sure it's probably there somewhere now but it is cumbersome.

Is it possible to have avatars on the message board? Also, I have tried to upload photos and can't figure that out. Is there an easy way?

Live scoring in other leagues would also be great! It would be fun to see how some of my friends are doing during the games! That was a great idea!

BTW - I didn't say it before but thanks for what you did with the waiver system - it is great!!!

Wayne

RapTors

Post by RapTors » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:11 am

when doing free agent bids is it possible to have a link on free agent page for "start new bid"??? i have found when loading conditional bids or bids period that u have to hit reload and start over to start a new player bid. just a thought.....another idea could be that the stat program recognizes the last player bid on as a position player or p and when you go to make a conditional bid it would keep you in either utility or pitcher page(picky but saves time)...thanks for atleast considering quicker and more efficient ways to improve the bidding process!!!!

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:01 am

Simple thing IMO would be to separate the league news/message board section into two distinct areas which I think would facilitate more "trash talk" fun within each league.

As it is now, when someone wants to comment on a 'story' posted to the league site, their comment takes down the 'story' posted before others can see it on the home page.

Sportsline does a good job with this I think by having a league message board and also allowing for league "news" to be posted on the home page...makes for some fun trash talk/picture posting...

Agree with the creation of owner homepages/myspaces where we can learn more about other owners, past performance, etc.

Anything that drives more fresh new content - even user created - as well as more owner participation is I think a good thing for the NFFC as a event and "community".

D

BorderBrat

Post by BorderBrat » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:06 am

Seems like if your Hoops Leagues are ever going to be a mainstream part of the NF?C experience they shoulld also be part of the Home Page and player profile info and be linked in with Baseball and Football. That would help accelerate your growth in basketball too.

Does Stats not handle hoops?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:14 am

Originally posted by BorderBrat:
Seems like if your Hoops Leagues are ever going to be a mainstream part of the NF?C experience they shoulld also be part of the Home Page and player profile info and be linked in with Baseball and Football. That would help accelerate your growth in basketball too.

Does Stats not handle hoops? Correct, right now we are running our hoops leagues through CBS Sportsline.com because we were unable to contract with STATS to handle our basketball leagues. We have a contract for 2009, however, that would include basketball and other sports with STATS if we choose to go down the path and that's when we can promote basketball along with football and baseball in one area. That's the goal going forward for basketball.

This year we had 60 folks at $650 each for hoops and 12 for a $125 satellite league. I think there's now enough demand to contract with STATS for hoops and to make that bigger than it already is, starting in 2009.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:15 am

All good suggestions so far. I'll compile a checklist for STATS on Monday and send forward to see if any of this can be done. Thanks and keep the suggestions coming. I knew I should have posted this thread on here along with the NFBC site, but didn't do so initially.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:37 am

Here's another one Greg. I was wondering if you would be able to put the Chatroom box at the bottom of the live scoring like we have in the NFBC? Be nice to talk some smack during the games.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 am

Originally posted by RapTors:
when doing free agent bids is it possible to have a link on free agent page for "start new bid"??? i have found when loading conditional bids or bids period that u have to hit reload and start over to start a new player bid. just a thought.....another idea could be that the stat program recognizes the last player bid on as a position player or p and when you go to make a conditional bid it would keep you in either utility or pitcher page(picky but saves time)...thanks for atleast considering quicker and more efficient ways to improve the bidding process!!!! Could call RT! Both have always bugged me and if STATS could remedy, it would be a time saver for those of us in multiple leagues.
@RedRyder

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:57 pm

There is no night game tonight. The results should update soon, rather then 6-8 hours from now.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.