Any interest in a mid July BBDS league???

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Haven't even talked to Greg about it yet, but was seeing if there was interest?

Would be a $100 BBDS league with STRAIGHT POINTS weeks 1-16 with the winner geting either a free entry into the 2007 NFFC Main OR the $1,250 (no prizes for 2nd, etc.)

Would like to do it at either 7:00 or 8:00 EST on either Sunday, July 16th or Tuesday, July 18th.

If there enough interest by this time tomorrow, I will e-mail Greg, and see if we can get it going.

Bids would nost likely have to be placed no later than a week before the draft so we could get our spots.

So whatta ya say?????

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:51 pm

Billywaz.....Put the Workhorse down for this....I hear there is another BBDS league but you have to wait five months for the bidding ;)

Just messing with ya Snake.....

But serious Billy....Im In need of some BBDS,The sooner the better....

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:58 pm

Was planning on joining a mid-season baseball league, but I can't resist this. So, count me in Billy, though this will probably be my last league until August. If not, my wife might kill me.

Can't wait to actually have a chance at a top 3 pick!

Are you planning on the standard 18 man rosters, etc...
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:01 pm

I really like the concept of BBDS and would like to give it a shot. So, count me in.

By the way, if this was GG's idea,(BBDS) as it seems from comments on the 14 vs 12 team thread, then I have to disagree with Snake and RI that GG is only a one trick pony; this would have to qualify for a 1/4 trick at least. ;)

Either date you suggest would be fine, but I'd prefer the Sunday.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
By the way, if this was GG's idea,(BBDS) as it seems from comments on the 14 vs 12 team thread, then I have to disagree with Snake and RI that GG is only a one trick pony; this would have to qualify for a 1/4 trick at least. ;)
it was a gekko idea. glad you like.

as for snake and jj, they are just jealous, as they are zero trick ponies.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:06 pm

I knew the Workhorse would want to get in this, as the letters BBDS is like a junkie on the street hearing PCP! ;)

To answer your question GLY, yes it would be just like the main event (except for the total scoring in weeks 1-16, rather than head to head). 18 man rosters, and a chance to get ANY pick on the board (since you got the cash! :D )

P.S GLY..... SCREW BASEBALL!!!

3 down.... 14 to go!!! :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:09 pm

OK, count RIFF in as well! Need 10 more.

It was Gekko's idea, and I would love to have him involved, as this is his "baby".

Since no one has commented, I am thinking that EITHER date and time will work???

I'm leaning towards Sunday, July 16th at 7:00 EST.

eddiejag44

Post by eddiejag44 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:58 pm

YEAH , billy put me down, a little practice wouldnt hurt. Doing the BBDS IS THE WAY TO GO , if not i would skip this one.I need to get ready for the Snake classic.
2006 NFFC ultimate champ

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:02 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
I really like the concept of BBDS and would like to give it a shot. So, count me in.

Either date you suggest would be fine, but I'd prefer the Sunday. Riff....I give credit when it's due....And BBDS is A Great idea....Love the BBDS....Im a big auction guy and the reason is because it's fair and a thinking mans game....The BBDS Is almost just as fair....and you got to think....It's just not right getting the number 1 pick and FA money and Two other studs....1,2,and 3 picks are HUGE.

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella