Steven Jackson

Raiders

Steven Jackson

Post by Raiders » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 am

Originally posted by ImTheScientist:
Got him at 2.12 in the online draft sunday. Peterson/SJax is going to be a sweet combo! I realize the rams suck, but not many backs are capable of 300+ carries and 50 receptions. He will also do better than his 4TDs last year.

Im considering myself $50,000 richer. If you don't mind rounds 3-5.

mattjb

Steven Jackson

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 am

I'm sure he won't mind me posting his team as he did so in the other forum...

QB Kevin Kolb PHI
QB Jay Cutler CHI
QB Matthew Stafford DET
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Steven Jackson STL
RB Jahvid Best DET
WR Steve Smith NYG
WR Chad Ochocinco CIN
WR Robert Meachem NO
WR Braylon Edwards NYJ
WR James Jones GB
WR Mario Manningham NYG
WR Devin Thomas WAS
WR Devery Henderson NO
WR Josh Morgan SF
TE Brent Celek PHI
TE Aaron Hernandez NE
K Joe Nedney SF
TDSP Cincinnati Bengals CIN
TDSP Atlanta Falcons ATL

quite how you only draft 3 rbs i have no idea. not winning 50k with those WRs in my honest opinion.

ImTheScientist

Steven Jackson

Post by ImTheScientist » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:58 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
I'm sure he won't mind me posting his team as he did so in the other forum...

quite how you only draft 3 rbs i have no idea. not winning 50k with those WRs in my honest opinion. ...yep, have to agree - he had a NOVEL chance with his first 2 picks and then blew the WR position most likely with his 2 QB picks as they surely didn't help...I COULD ONLY HOPE THAT SJAX FALLS TO ME IN ANY DRAFT IN THE 2ND ROUND AS I'D GOBBLE HIM UP IN A TURKEY'S HEARTBEAT!!!...GK
[/QUOTE]Went: Best & Smith (NYG) at 3.12, 4.01, Celek and Ocho at 5.12, 6.01.

Instead of Smith I could have had: Crabtree, D. Jackson, TO, Bowe, Nicks, Sims Walker (those were all picked in between 4.01 and 5.12. Interested in who you would have went with.

Instead of Ocho and Celek could have had guys like Knox, Wallace, etc...

Again, Im looking forward to 50K.

mattjb

Steven Jackson

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 am

why on earth go running back again with your 3rd pick?

kentucky

Steven Jackson

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:04 am

Originally posted by GK:
...honest to God, ANY owner fortunate enough to get SJax OUTSIDE of the FIRST ROUND (I don't care if he's pick #15 or pick #20) is more than likely to be the odds on favorite to be a League Champion this season (assuming he knows what he's doing the entire rest of the draft naturally)...it is a HUGE running head start (please don't document his potential shortcomings/downfalls here as I am more than well aware of them) and I'm sorry, but I feel that is simply railway robbery and should really not happen in ANY NFFC league here imho...GK totally agree GK, in the Sandman DC i took MJD (with a little concern) at 1.5 and was licking my chops as SJax kept being passed on. Colts took him at 2.9 so, as Sandman stated earlier, i had to settle for DWill. but i would have had a "warmer fuzzy" with MJD and SJax.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

ImTheScientist

Steven Jackson

Post by ImTheScientist » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:06 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
why on earth go running back again with your 3rd pick? We took him at 4.01, but really due to the EXTREME run on WRs I felt he was the best value left on the board. I don't predetermine what positions Im going to take. I look at my board, check for value and take it.

To me it really doesn't matter what position they are, teams that win don't bust on their first 5 or so picks. Then you are smart picking up Free Agents. We get a flex spot, and I think there is a great chance he finishes top 10. The only other player I was considering was D-Jax. But then after seeing the runs on WR's I thought HB was better value.

Due to having 3 studs I figured I could ignore the position the rest of the draft and snag up WR's. While everyone else was drafting WRs, I snagged RB's, while they were looking for RBs I snagged up WRs. Don't follow the trend...set the trend.

mattjb

Steven Jackson

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:10 am

good luck buddy.

3 rbs with one of them having the injury record of sjax, and one being a rookie would scare the life out of me.

ImTheScientist

Steven Jackson

Post by ImTheScientist » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
good luck buddy.

3 rbs with one of them having the injury record of sjax, and one being a rookie would scare the life out of me. Im not easily frightened. Although I probably would have finished higher than the 24th overall team in last years online championship had Ronnie Brown stayed healthy. :mad: