championship round question

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 pm

First year here so not up with all the rules, can a non #1 or #2 seed team make the championship round if they are high enough on the overall list or is it just for 1 and 2 seeds?

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Depends which format you are talking about? Classic, Primetime or Online? For example, I believe if you are in the top 10% of the Online Championship, about the top 95 I believe, even if you aren't one of the top 2 teams you win a Wild Card spot. Think its the top 15% for Classic.

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

I am in the Classic Main Event.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Mike,
I think the the team with the best h2h record,along with the 2 teams that had the most points through the first 13 weeks make the championship round.I think 3 teams from each league could make the championship round.I am not sure about the top percentage thing anymore.

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks Tom, yeah I am not sure on the % thing either. I guess I will wait to hear from Greg or Tom.

hammer

Post by hammer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Here is Greg's response to thegambler some weeks ago:

Originally posted by thegambler:
question about the championship bracket.

the rules say top 10% not already in the playoffs make the championship playoffs. does that mean a team 45th in scoring still has a shot to make the playoffs? or is it just the top 10% no matter what? so basically, you would have to be in the top 30 (30 total leagues i think) to make the championship playoffs if you weren't in your league playoffs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the Top 10 percent of all teams, which means the Top 36 teams (there are 360 teams in the Primetime) get in the Championship Round no matter what place they finished in their league. So if you finished third in your league and you are 33rd overall in points, you get a Wild Card spot in the Championship Round. For the Online Championship, we have 948 teams and thus the Top 95 teams are guaranteed spots in the Championship Round. Every year we'll get a handful or so of Wild Card teams.

This is a way to reward good teams that are in tough leagues. They still advance based on their Total Points.

In the Classic, it's the Top 15% since those are 14-team leagues, meaning the Top 42 teams (out of 280) get into the Championship Round. Hope this helps.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:42 am

Classic Leagues will have three teams from each league in the Championship Round, plus any team that finished in the Top 42 overall in total points and wasn't a Top 3 team in their league. So yes, you could finish fourth in your league and still make the Championship Round. We don't punish you if you were in a very, very tough league.

20 leagues x 3 teams per league = 60 teams in the Championship Round, plus any Wild Card teams. We'll list the number of Championship Round teams today for all three events.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius