Has anyone noticed?

BillyWaz

Has anyone noticed?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:34 am

Those are some interesting numbers, but once LT, S-Jax, LJ, etc. get going, I'm sure things will even out a bit.

The teams at the back (11-14) are doing well because of getting Smith and/or CJ and in some cases even Andre Johnson. Once they cool down a bit (looks like Andre won't be scoring this weekend), things should even out a bit.

One thing so far, it appears that the 6-8 (i.e. middle) was not the place to be. Will be interesting to see if that changes.

Teebags1

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Teebags1 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Teebags1:
That's why I said stats. And it still further proves the fact that the whole year needs to play out before making a judgement call on 3RR.

The bigger question is are more people mad that they aren't winning because they took LT2 or SJ or that 3RR really seems to not have worked at all? What? You have innaccurate lists that you want to use as proof. At least get your facts straight.
[/QUOTE]Okay I'm talking strictly stats pulled off of NFL.com of the top 5 at each position. It says it at the top of my quoted post. So my facts are straight. Secondly it's all in how you draft anyways. The guy who took Tomlinson in our league is putting up monster points even with out the record performance of LT so 3RR didn't affect him like others at the 1 spot. And again if we're talking scoring points the second list that was posted would still show that this year is the exception to the stud theory so far. Bottom line fantasy football is ALOT of luck through situation and injuries and because someone's team isn't doing good doesn't make 3RR a failure. K sweet cheeks?
Marriage is the leading cause of impotence.

Teebags1

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Teebags1 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:08 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Those are some interesting numbers, but once LT, S-Jax, LJ, etc. get going, I'm sure things will even out a bit.

The teams at the back (11-14) are doing well because of getting Smith and/or CJ and in some cases even Andre Johnson. Once they cool down a bit (looks like Andre won't be scoring this weekend), things should even out a bit.

One thing so far, it appears that the 6-8 (i.e. middle) was not the place to be. Will be interesting to see if that changes. Billy WAZ hit it on the head. And also kudos to Greg and Tom putting this in. 3RR makes alot of sense especially if you get the luck of 14th in a normal draft system and you're putting up alot of cash. Makes for an even playing field. I went 1,14,13,12,2-4,....

Raiders

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Raiders » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:13 am

It comes down to this:

1. How you draft
2. How you rank players
3. Injuries, see #1 how you can over come injuries.

3RR in a 14 team league with KDS was a Great idea. By season end, the better payers will be at the top. They know who they are, no reason to list them.

Greg Ambrosius

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 am

It's great that 3RR continues to create a great argument, but folks we are talking about data AFTER TWO WEEKS!!! This is a 13-week season and the results will play out over time. Nag and Lou are just waiting to pounce on the idea that 3RR was a bad idea and that Greg over-reacted to ONE HISTORIC YEAR and those with LT2 are ready to join the party. Please, let the season play out. If the back-end teams do better this year, then folks may have to adjust their KDS preferences next year and if everyone wants the 14th pick as their top preference, then more folks will move to their desired spots, which is good for everyone.

Mike is right, 3RR was about reversing the third round, not about Chad Johnson and Steve Smith pounding the points out of Tomlinson and Steven Jackson after two weeks. Look at the point differentials just between those four players and you'll see the difference in the spreads between 1-2 and 13-14. 3RR didn't affect that, the first two weeks did.

The numbers will change as they always do during the season. After Week 13, we can evaluate them. And if the back-end teams did well, then next year will be a fun year of setting your KDS preferences. And then we'll also have a comparison to WCOFF to see how many back-end teams succeeded in a regular serpentine format. It will be a fun comparison and fantasy players will have a clear comparison of what format works for them. I trust both formats will prove fair for all players.

But feel free to carry on with your opinions. Others are just waiting to validate them for you. I can hardly wait!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:21 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...was simply curious but SNAKE is actually one owner here who did NOT put #1 as his first KDS preference...can anyone else here state the same?...SNAKE More than 50 of the 364 owners had something other than No. 1 as their top preference. Every single spot had at least one person putting it as their top preference.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Raiders » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:24 am

This will be a interesting couple of days now.
I say this trend hits 200 posts by Friday. :D

Teebags1

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Teebags1 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:24 am

I've actually tried to implement it in my other leagues in 12 team format. In regular format it seems like the bottom of the draft is always playing catch up at positions unless they go outta suit and take a different position, but that in turn drops more quality players of say RB to the first half of the draft.

[ September 19, 2007, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Teebags1 ]