Chilly Fired: What Do You Think?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 am

Brad Childress has been fired by the Minnesota Vikings today and Leslie Frazier has been hired as interim head coach. This has to be the biggest turnarounds in NFL history, from being a play away from the Super Bowl to being fired 10 games into the next season.

What do you think? Should he have been fired? Should he just have benched Favre to save his job weeks ago? Do the players deserve the most fault for this incredibly disappointing season?

Where did it all go wrong?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:43 am

Long overdue IMO. I've never like him as a coach and it appeared to me that he has tried to get himself fired this year, and when a team feels that they quit. Think the packers Brass enjoyed this weekends events?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 am

Originally posted by Old School:
Long overdue IMO. I've never like him as a coach and it appeared to me that he has tried to get himself fired this year, and when a team feels that they quit. Think the packers Brass enjoyed this weekends events? I think so Joe. I really think Mike III and Teddy loved that yesterday. :D

The Packers are going for a record this year: Most coaches fired the day after playing them. They have Wade Phillips and Brad Childress already and they play Mike Singletary and the Niners on Dec. 5th. Could they get a third coach fired after a loss? They play the Bears in Week 17, so watch out Lovie!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
Long overdue IMO. I've never like him as a coach and it appeared to me that he has tried to get himself fired this year, and when a team feels that they quit. Think the packers Brass enjoyed this weekends events? I think so Joe. I really think Mike III and Teddy loved that yesterday. :D

The Packers are going for a record this year: Most coaches fired the day after playing them. They have Wade Phillips and Brad Childress already and they play Mike Singletary and the Niners on Dec. 5th. Could they get a third coach fired after a loss? They play the Bears in Week 17, so watch out Lovie!!! :D
[/QUOTE]Too bad they don't play the Bungles, Marvin Lewis should be next. They were a disgrace yesterday.
Q.What do Moss and T.O have in common?
A. Coach killers.

Granted T.O. is being a good citizen so far this year.
Jeff Potok

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 am

Man I'm really out of the loop. For the past 2 years I thought Brett Favre was the coach of the Vikings......who knew!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:27 am

Maybe the new coach will realize that #28 is the best weapon on his team.....not #4. :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Man I'm really out of the loop. For the past 2 years I thought Brett Favre was the coach of the Vikings......who knew! That's a good one Jeff!!!

Whether you like Chilly or not, I thought it was unbelievable that the crowd broke into "Fire Chilly" chants during the third quarter of yesterday's game. I think Ziggy was going to do it anyway after the players just quit on him, but the fans put the nail in the coffin.

I love Brett, but he was just AWFUL yesterday. I've never seen him miss so many open receivers. This team is not going to win with him at QB. Sorry Brett, but it's time to put the team first and step aside. You look old and your arm looks tired.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 am

think the move had to be made. you hardly see such a lack of respect for a head coach by so many players. unless you have a room full of vince young's.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:41 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old School:
[qb] They play the Bears in Week 17, so watch out Lovie!!! :D PLEASE, don't get my hopes up!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Maybe the new coach will realize that #28 is the best weapon on his team.....not #4. :rolleyes: Agreed and I'd run AP on almost every play. That's what sets up the play action passes. But I'll admit, I've never seen the Vikings struggle to run the ball like they have the last two weeks against the Bears and the Packers. Still, all it takes is for one play to bust AP free for a big play. As a fan of an opposing team, I fear AP every time he touches the ball. Thankfully Chilly didn't run him enough!! :D