Has anyone noticed?

Nutty Scrat

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Nutty Scrat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:01 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Nutty Scrat:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Those are some interesting numbers, but once LT, S-Jax, LJ, etc. get going, I'm sure things will even out a bit.

The teams at the back (11-14) are doing well because of getting Smith and/or CJ and in some cases even Andre Johnson. Once they cool down a bit (looks like Andre won't be scoring this weekend), things should even out a bit.

One thing so far, it appears that the 6-8 (i.e. middle) was not the place to be. Will be interesting to see if that changes. Hi Billywaz. I'm non-committal either way on 3RR right now but I guess what my question would be what happens if there is no LT, Stephen Jackson or LJ type players in the future and now how does the 3RR system look at that point. There stats were so dominating in the front of the draft in prior years how does 3RR work when you don't have those type of players? Are picks 10 -14 the new 1-5 in future drafts and noone wants the top 10 places? Just like everyone was clammering for a top 3 place in prior years will everyone be clammering for the bottom of the draft now? Somethings that make one go hmmmmmmmmmm? Have a good day!
[/QUOTE]YEAH ED THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP. I THINK 3RR WILL BE A CONSUSEUS OF THE PLAYERS FOR THAT YEAR. IF THE VALUE FROM THE 1 PICK TO THE 6TH IS APPROXIMATELY THE SAME LIKE IN 03. (TOMLINSON, R. WILLIAMS, HOLMES, PORTIS, FAULK, AND S. ALEXANDER) THEN I THINK 3RR WILL BE THROWN OUT. BUT IF IT'S LIKE THIS YEAR WITH L.T. AND S. JAX (ALTHOUGH THE STATS DO SAY IT NOW) STANDING HEAD AND SHOULDERS OVER THE OTHERS THEN IT WILL BE USED ONCE AGAIN.
[/QUOTE]KOTRAX. I thought I read this somewhere before. I can be a little late to the party some times! LOL Sorting through all these vaious posts and topics I know I miss some. I do like the pros and cons discussions. Thanks for the response.
Ed

Nutty Scrat

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Nutty Scrat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:02 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Nutty Scrat:
I guess what my question would be what happens if there is no LT, Stephen Jackson or LJ type players in the future When has this ever occurred? [/QUOTE]Got me? But it was just a thought.
Ed

Greg Ambrosius

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 am

Kotrax is wrong, 3RR is not being evaluated on a year-to-year basis in the NFFC. This is the format going forward as part of our 14-team league format. Trust me, there will be a consensus No. 1 pick next year or a Top 3 consensus group and some folks will likely want to be part of that. If the back end succeeds this year to the level that the front end succeeded last year, then folks will have the chance to set their KDS preferences accordingly. And if No. 1 winds up being the least favored spot in 2008 or another year going forward, I don't see that as being any worse than where we were in 2004-06 when most folks didn't want the No. 14 pick.

As the facts have proven through two weeks, the first two rounds have played a big part in the back end picks succeeding over the early picks thus far, with WRs dominating the action. We've also seen that two defenses have played a big role in the Top 25 teams scoring well. It would be wise to let the season play out and then we'll have some great data on 3RR to dissect. But 3RR is here to stay in the NFFC and that news is coming from the person who makes those decisions.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dave Clum

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Dave Clum » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:56 am

Hey Snake,I have two players combine to score almost a hundred points and I still just get by you.This game is never easy.I enjoyed getting to talk to you at the draft.I did not realize I stated my words of caution so often.But,anyone who drives coast to coast in florida knows it is not always an easy ride(especially at night).I guess I still remember the old days with gators in the road.

KOTRAX

Has anyone noticed?

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by DiamondKing:
I have not asked for any payment yet.But,if Greg wishes to mail me one I promise to smile big and proud for the cover(bring the wide angle lens).One only has to remember Jules huge run for the regular season last year to know the playoffs bring home the check.Heck,two weeks hasn't even got my wife paying attention to football yet.When I sat down at the draft table I hoped to get Chad Johnson and Steve Smith to start.But,Johnson went before my turn.I did not expect Rudi Johnson to be available so I jumped on him instead.I had planned on getting my QB in the later rounds.But,could not resist Carson Palmer to start the third.We have a lot of season left to see how it pans out.Ground Rats Tampa 3 ...hey DK - SNAKE hangs 165 this past week and loses his game because you hang up a buck ninety...now SNAKE is the only one sitting in the Top 10 who is NOT 2-0 but rather 1-1 because of you, someone who told SNAKE three times to "drive carefully" when ways were parted after the draft in Tampax...thanks much, man...SNAKE [/QUOTE]HE WAS JUST SHOWING COMPASSION AND CARE FOR THE SERPENT. WHAT AM I SAYING COMPASSION, CARE AND THE SERPENT IN THE SAME SENTENCE. WHOOOOO!!!!

TradeStar28

Has anyone noticed?

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:19 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Teebags1:
Yeah I'm sure stat's inc. uses different yardage stats than NFL.com. Really no matter how you slice it their stats shouldn't vary by any means from site to site. That's why I said "Stats" not "Scoring", read it again. First line of my first post...."If you look at the leaders in stats through week 2".....I've said it 3 times already. I'm not making them up out of thin air or invisible ink. I might try using a larger font so you could read them. Teebags1, just tell me there's no Teebags2, or 3 or 4. One of you is plenty. I'm still looking for the NFL.com you said was at the top of your first post. [/QUOTE]4D, you mentioned your name is derived from having 4 daughters. An off topic question....(since I have 1 daughter and possibly one on the way which usltrasound will confirm gender in a few weeks)...

How the hell do you survive in your household ?? lol

My 4 year old girl is a tough cookie...I love her more than anything in the world but I cant imagine that in 8 years when the hormones start kicking it up a notch...

I give u alot more credit than even winning the $100k NFFC (if u ever do)
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

GOD Loves You

Has anyone noticed?

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 am

Congrats on the 2nd addition to the family, Fi$her!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Greg Ambrosius

Has anyone noticed?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:57 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Congrats on the 2nd addition to the family, Fi$her! Yes indeed David!! Congrats!!!

Take it from a fellow parent whose female population outnumbers the male population in our house, the snuggling you get from the girls early in life allows you to get through the hormone years later. At that point, you learn to golf and either slowly walk 18 holes or get a cart and frequent the beer cart often!! :D

Besides, you can see today that 4D just gets rid of his frustration on the NFFC message boards. No need to take that frustration home with him to the girls in his life!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mkrucek

Has anyone noticed?

Post by mkrucek » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:21 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Teebags1:
Yeah I'm sure stat's inc. uses different yardage stats than NFL.com. Really no matter how you slice it their stats shouldn't vary by any means from site to site. That's why I said "Stats" not "Scoring", read it again. First line of my first post...."If you look at the leaders in stats through week 2".....I've said it 3 times already. I'm not making them up out of thin air or invisible ink. I might try using a larger font so you could read them. Teebags1, just tell me there's no Teebags2, or 3 or 4. One of you is plenty. I'm still looking for the NFL.com you said was at the top of your first post. [/QUOTE]4D, you mentioned your name is derived from having 4 daughters. An off topic question....(since I have 1 daughter and possibly one on the way which usltrasound will confirm gender in a few weeks)...

How the hell do you survive in your household ?? lol

My 4 year old girl is a tough cookie...I love her more than anything in the world but I cant imagine that in 8 years when the hormones start kicking it up a notch...

I give u alot more credit than even winning the $100k NFFC (if u ever do)
[/QUOTE]Fi$her, congratulations on the upcoming event. My youngest is 10 now but it seems like she arrived yesterday. They do grow up fast, so enjoy them while they're young. When the hormones kick in, look out.

Seriously, as Greg said, girls are great. They will drive you nuts when they get to a certain age, so make sure you have one of your favorite moments from when she was younger tucked away that you can call up on a moments notice when she hits the teen years.

If you haven't already taken your daughter shopping I would recommend you NEVER start. That's mom's job. Once they learn that you will buy them anything they want you're dead. You're wife has the ability to say no to a daughter much easier, which may be due to the fact that mom would rather spend the money on clothes and stuff for herself.

As for winning the 100k, if that ever happened, the half that I would get (co-manager) is long gone. Between Uncle Sam and the immediate interest the girls would have in fantasy football my share would get me a cup of coffee or two.

My only regret thus far in life is with my oldest. Make sure you keep on top of the friendships she develops. It was something I was very unaware of as she was growing up and I didn't catch it in time. She is a Cubs fan, and it is something that I will not be able to change, no matter how hard I try. Fortunately her sisters have not suffered the same fate. Still, it's sad to know the pain and suffering that is in store for her.

So good luck, enjoy the new addition whether boy or girl and as Greg said, the MB is a great place to get all of your frustrations out.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...