Boston

Sandman62

Boston

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Guys, as tough as it is for the people in this league, there's probably nothing going to be done about it. So let's just manage our teams to kick ass and make sure we beat this league? (No offense to Frank or anyone in this league.)

BLACKHAND

Boston

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm

its cool mike. wouldnt want it any other way. i think its more a league problem than the grand prize problem but thats just my opinion.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sebadiah23

Boston

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Daniel Negreanu has played in high stakes FF leagues before, along with other celebs who actually try. Why is this Erick Lindgren person such a complete tool? Good thing VJax is missing the season now and Housh doing nothing. So no owner will actually get an advantage. I doubt Sidney Rice will up and running and playing well until week 13.

Hopefully the team goes 0-13 just to prove the point.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Tom Kessenich

Boston

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 am

DT, Erick was put in the Boston league because that was the only way to fill that league with the 308 owners who had signed up and paid at the time. Greg and I would have much preferred to have 14 live owners competing in Boston. Unfortunately, there weren't 14 teams signed up in Boston so we did what we have done every year if there was a shortage in any particular city - we connected that city up with a phone participant. That participant happened to be Erick.

We were not asking Erick to fly to Boston. He was told what the situation was and provided the phone # to call and he told us he was all set to go. We all know what happened on the day of the event. If you want to blame Greg and I for the fact he paid and decided not to show up then we'll take the blame for that I suppose.

As far as how he's running his team there isn't anything else we can do. Erick told Greg he would run the team and manage it but how he chooses to spend his $1,400 is up to him. Just like it's up to each of the 307 other owners in the Classic and the owners in all of our events. We won't run the team for him or anyone in any of our events. Regardless of what one owner does or doesn't do, I believe this will be a fun league for those involved if they want it to be. Greg and I remain hopeful that will be the case.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Boston

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:51 am

Frank, nobody is trying to spin anything. Erick is paid in full, this is his team to run, he obviously has logged into the site and knows how to make free agent pickups and he obviously chose not to pick up any FAs this week. I didn't email him or call him to remind him anymore than I should have reminded you to make FAAB bids. He made bids last week and he knows how to do them. He also has several people who run and draft his teams in other contests, so I'm not sure why his NFFC team is being abandoned.

Nobody wants "dead teams" in any national contest and I don't ever recall a situation like this. I guess I'll reach out to him again this week and to one of his partners in other leagues to see if we can get a more active manager. It's great to see that's what the Boston owners want, so I'll ping him via email this week. But as for the spin Frank, it is what it is and nobody can say it's on anyone other than Erick now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

Boston

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:28 am

I was not saying it is your fault. lets be real. he lied to you. you told me he would be VERY AGRESSIVE in fa. its not your fault he lied to you. the last time he logged in was wed morning. now another team gets a free win while later in the year others wont. there is such a thing called CLASS and RESPONSIBILITY. he has none.

larry schechter

Boston

Post by larry schechter » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:38 am

my concern about this league is what will the NFFC do next time an owner doesn't show up? I'm not blaming the owner, stuff happens. People get sick, have emergencies, etc.

I think Todd Zola and anyone else who's in charge of a venue should have very specific instructions what to do is someone doesn't show up.

Personally, I'd do something like take a current ADP list a day before the drafts, cross out players known to be injured for the year, lower a few others who are known to be out for a few weeks or something, and give a copy of it to all the Todd Zola's out there.

Something like this should be put in place for next year, and for the NFBC as well.

BLACKHAND

Boston

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:47 am

larry , your right things happen. your dealing here with a multi millionare who promised to make his team better. maybe one thing they can do is have a contact number for a call-in guy. ( duh )lets say i got into a vegas league with high profile nffc players. i did not bother to put my lineup in for the first 7 or 8 weeks. then put a decent lineup in the rest of the way. would people say : well , he put up 1,400 and he can play his team however he wants to. NO WAY that would be said and other teams would be pissed off.

p.s. i think you know i would never do that.

GOD Hates You

Boston

Post by GOD Hates You » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Larry,

As I stated in the earlier thread regarding this topic, all facilitators in all leagues must use the same list in case this situation arises again in the future. You can not give Todd or anyone else the power to draft a team by crossing of names of random players because they might be out for a week or 2. A list is compiled and forwarded to the draft site the morning of the draft. That is then the official list. Maybe even have a clause that a kicker and defensive team will be the last 2 selections. As well as making sure there is a legal lineup that can be submitted.

Thanks,

Dan

Sebadiah23

Boston

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:17 pm

So one person like Geoff S. makes the list the day before, crossing out the correct people, and then emails it to all the draft co-ordinators. Not rocket science.

Erica (his new name) doesn't care to manage this team because her team sucks and she knows its a lost cause. Maybe she has other good teams. Nothing against Jules and the other awesome female owners but this chick is annoying us.

[ September 26, 2010, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Sebadiah23 ]
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/