Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:00 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
You and Greg benched LJ? :confused:

In favor of who? Jules...

1) it WASN'T Ronnie Brown...

2) it WAS Ron Dayne...

...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]It would've been hard to bench LJ for someone we don't have on our roster, Glenn. And no we didn't bench LJ for Dayne. Dayne was starting no matter what ahead of Foster and Jones. We benched LJ in favor of Brian Leonard. We didn't trust LJ last week and thought Leonard would be a bigger part of the passing game. Figures the first week the Rams decide to stop throwing to their RBs would be the week we started Leonard.

Whatcha gonna do?

The bigger regret I have - and I can't speak for Greg - is that we kept starting Shocky over Dallas Clark. We were doing it because Shockey was getting a ton of targets each week. Unfortunately, he was dropping most of them. But he was heavily involved and it stood to reason he'd go off at some point. Well he threw up a huge dud. Meanwhile, Clark just keeps ripping it up. We're making the switch this week which should guarantee a big game for Shockey. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

My Vibes For This Week

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:25 am

Tom, as I told you last week, I would have benched LJ for Dayne as well. For Leonard? Much trickier call.

But what do I know?

Tom Kessenich

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:43 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Tom, as I told you last week, I would have benched LJ for Dayne as well. For Leonard? Much trickier call.

But what do I know? It was a tricky call. All the signs pointed to Dayne having a big day and he came a yard short of doing very well for us. It happens. As far as Leonard, I didn't think he'd go off but I thought he could get 60-70 yards rushing and 4-5 receptions for another 30-40. He got the rushing but was MIA in the passing game. I didn't see that coming at all given how many receptions the RBs had received going into that game. That's one where you can do all the analyzing and see all the trends and then the game is played and it goes 180 degrees the other way.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

My Vibes For This Week

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:37 am

If it is me, I never bench Larry Johnson. He is still the undisputed ball carrier on the team - there aren't many of those guys anymore. He still is capable of 200 yards and 2-3 tds any week.

Tom Kessenich

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
If it is me, I never bench Larry Johnson. He is still the undisputed ball carrier on the team - there aren't many of those guys anymore. He still is capable of 200 yards and 2-3 tds any week. I agree Jack. We just thought that LJ was pretty much at the low end of things. This was another very tough matchup and he obviously was pretty bad the week before. And don't forget he was hurt last week and there was a lot of talk he wasn't going to be at 100% for the game and Bennett could see more work. It was a risk and Greg and I both knew it. Fortunately it didn't hurt us in terms of the outcome because we still won although we could've used a few more points.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

My Vibes For This Week

Post by renman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:42 am

Tom,

I saw ZERO EVIDENCE that Larry Johnson would do ANYTHING against SD. All logic pointed to SD coming back from the previous weeks miserable loss and planting a whooping on KC along the lines of 34-7. In that kind of game, KC would be passing from behind, the home town crowd going wild and LJ getting about 56 yards and not much else. That is why I started Bowe in my NFFC main league over arguably better WR's. I thought he would get tons of passes in garbage time. Obviously the game did not break how I thought.

One thing you missed in your "vibes" (in my opinion)is maybe the biggest fantasy story of the season (outside of injuries). The Brady-Moss combo is off the charts not unlike LT2 was last year. I know it is only 4 weeks but it is as much HOW it is happening than exactly what is happening. They are putting up huge numbers in games that are already blowouts. I know I seem like I am trying to be a mind-reader but I sense Brady wants to have a STATS season.. of course he wants to win along with it... but he has already won... I think he wants to send a message by feeding Moss and maybe being part of the greatest WR season ever. So when people look back it will be "see what happened to Moss when he had a great QB?"

That final touchdown in the Monday night game vs the Bengals cemented this opinion for me. There was no reason for it, the game was over, AND the Pats could have EASILY run the ball all teh way to the endzone eating up the clock AND scoring. Yet Brady chose to chuck a free-be to Moss.

To me, that showed something.

There was not one shred of evidence prior to even week one that Moss would be a good pick this year. The majority of teams who took him did so with trepidation thinking "well, at this point in the draft I guess he is worth the risk..." We can only hope that most of the owners who took him made mistakes with the rest of their draft...lol

[ October 03, 2007, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

Tom Kessenich

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:46 am

I posted a couple of weeks ago that one of my biggest regrets was downgrading Moss from the Top 10 ranking he had when our second magazine issue went to press. But the vibes were real negative surrounding him and I felt like I had no choice but to downgrade him. Well guess what? If somebody showed up at a draft with our magazine and drafted the WRs based on those rankings as opposed to my online rankings which were updated daily they would've stood a much better shot at getting Moss.

So don't give me that "magazines are outdated" crap anymore. :D

Seriously, those two are on fire. No question. And there's no reason to think it's going to stop as long as Moss stays healthy. That Patriots-Cowboys game in Week 6 should be sensational.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

My Vibes For This Week

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I think Rivers is a good QB. I was very impressed with him last season. I also had him and liked what I saw nearly every week. I expected him to take another step forward but that hasn't happened. A big - and VERY under-rated - reason why in my opinion is the absence of Eric Parker. He isn't a great WR but he's a good one and he runs good routes and was very dependable to help move the chains. I always said he was an under-rated WR and it's clear to me the Chargers miss him badly. But Rivers still needs to make better decisions. He has the talent to do so in my opinion but I'm seeing him step back and not forward so far this season. Someone needs to tell Norv Turner that LT is the best player in the league. Only you, Norv Turner, can stop LT from winning football games for the Chargers.

First and goal from the 5 yard line, whatta gonna call Norv? ...

1-5-KC5 (4:03) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete short right to V.Jackson.
2-5-KC5 (3:58) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete to M.Floyd.
3-5-KC5 (3:53) P.Rivers pass incomplete.
4-5-KC5 (3:46) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to C.Davis (J.Page).
:mad:

Quahogs

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Quahogs » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Norv Turner's anagram is NEVOR RUN T.