So how did everyone do?

BONGIZMO

So how did everyone do?

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:39 pm

Hey Diesel, were you one of the NY teams that decided 4 QB's and/or Defenses (in some cases by the end of round 15) were a must in Draftmasters?! :eek:

This is one guy that thanks y'all for the value you slid to me...

Seriously though I know we all have different strategies and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out...

[ September 04, 2004, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BONGIZMO

So how did everyone do?

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:40 pm

Regarding the main event, I think my starters can measaure up with anyone although their pourous O-lines may not let them last past the third week.. ACK!

Portis, Faulk, Jackson, Moulds, Bulger, Lloyd out of the 7 slot...

[ September 04, 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:46 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Hey Diesel, were you one of the NY teams that decided 4 QB's and/or Defenses were a must in Draftmasters?! :eek:

Seriously though I know we all have different strategies and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out... Four D's here....and guess who's the one that's laughing. You do know that they are all live each week, don't you?

Diesel

So how did everyone do?

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:48 pm

I was 1 of those teams...lol...I had the 13 spot...That draft was like a game of chess. It will be great to see how everyone's strategy pans out with this kind of format.

You guys must all be Bears fans, because when I took Edinger, the fascilitator on the phone said he heard you all cheering that all offensive Bears were taken...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BONGIZMO

So how did everyone do?

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:52 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Hey Diesel, were you one of the NY teams that decided 4 QB's and/or Defenses were a must in Draftmasters?! :eek:

Seriously though I know we all have different strategies and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out... Four D's here....and guess who's the one that's laughing. You do know that they are all live each week, don't you?
[/QUOTE]Actually Jersey i am aware of how DM works a little bit, maybe not to your degree but I think I can hold my own at this level... ;)

BONGIZMO

So how did everyone do?

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:56 pm

Diesel or Jersey, now that it's over I do have to ask because it was my thought of what was transpiring last evening...were a number of you guys using a strategy of blocking? Again just curious as if that was the case you did indeed weaken other teams? (several were forced to take a backup QB as their second QB because of the hellacious run that exhausted all long before Round 20 as i recall).

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:28 pm

If you're referring to the Auction, I bid whenever there was value. How could you pass up Plummer for $6, McCown for $5 and Rattay for $2 (my 12th player taken)? Would have been easy to buy a QB before they were all gone but timing is always important.

I took 2 D's in the Auction.

In the DM I planned all along to take 4 D's, and 3 PKs and 3 QBs, but that was my offensive strategy, not a blocking strategy.

[ September 04, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: JerseyPaul ]

Jersey Dawg

So how did everyone do?

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:37 pm

Tuff draft/ I had the 1 pick and before I got to pick my second round guy in NYC League 4 there were 20 RB's off the board. I fully ewxpected to see either Tom Jones (wishing) or Chris Brown there for me with overall pick 28. Not even close.

I settled for trying to pick top players at the secondary pisitions. For example, Heap and the Patriot Defense.

First 7 picks:

Holmes, Ward, Hasslebeck (I need him to throw 34 TD's), Wheatley (I need him to come through too), Heap, Branch, Patriots.

Not feeling good... not feeling bad either...

Pete

Diesel

So how did everyone do?

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:50 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Diesel or Jersey, now that it's over I do have to ask because it was my thought of what was transpiring last evening...were a number of you guys using a strategy of blocking? Again just curious as if that was the case you did indeed weaken other teams? (several were forced to take a backup QB as their second QB because of the hellacious run that exhausted all long before Round 20 as i recall). Bong, you hit it right on the nose...My co-commish and I thought by taking 4 solid QB's, we were adding by subtracting...If that makes sense. It sounded crazy when we talked about it before the draft, but I think it might have worked out.(DraftMasters)

[ September 04, 2004, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Erok

So how did everyone do?

Post by Erok » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:37 pm

League #6 was interesting to say the least. I knew the backs would fly off the board in the first couple rounds, but never did I expect that many of them (including sleepers & reaches) to be taken that early. Nice mixture in NY #6 and it looks to be wide open right now. A few guys were a little unprepared and it showed, but there were also some smart football/fantasy minds there as well. I just remembered looking up at one point at the board and saw Ico's top 5:
McAllister/Chad Johnson/Hines Ward/Andre Johnson/Jerry Porter and wondered how the hell did he get all of those receivers!!! Gotta love that foursome. Nice work guys.