Boston league BS..Ethics be dammed!

larry schechter

Post by larry schechter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

DT -- If you actually read all of the responses, you'll note that several people--not just the two you've accused of collusion--stated that they think your accusation is baseless.

Aside from those who have integrity, and/or a competitive spirit, and will play it out till the end, there is a CONSOLATION playoff, for CASH.

DT, what part of that don't you get???

My teams are now officially out of playoff contention, but I will make FAAB moves this week and spend every dollar I have left to strengthen my roster for the consolation round.

I think it's pretty pathetic that you don't get it. And there is no "click" on here. I've never even met most of the guys I see posting on here.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Originally posted by larry schechter:
DT -- If you actually read all of the responses, you'll note that several people--not just the two you've accused of collusion--stated that they think your accusation is baseless.

Aside from those who have integrity, and/or a competitive spirit, and will play it out till the end, there is a CONSOLATION playoff, for CASH.

DT, what part of that don't you get???

My teams are now officially out of playoff contention, but I will make FAAB moves this week and spend every dollar I have left to strengthen my roster for the consolation round.

I think it's pretty pathetic that you don't get it. And there is no "click" on here. I've never even met most of the guys I see posting on here. Amen, Greg and TK it's time to CLOSE this thread......
Joe

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 pm

I think there is a code most of us follow. We don't collude. We don't cheat. Its like a poker player making a verbal bet or loan for big $. There is no legal contract but they always pay(well, the ones with integrity anyway). Its like a gamblers code. You accused one of the upstanding lovers of this game of purposely colluding. That is BS. You have a right to your opinion but sometimes it is just best to PM someone or keep it to yourself. Eddie does deserve an apology and you just reiterate your accusation.
Thats pretty low.
I played a lot of times with Azzuri. I ignored some ignorant smack he was spewing but he did something in one of my leagues 2 years back that I thought was classless. He got in an arguement (smack talking gone wrong) with another team. Then he somehow posted this stick figure cartoon of 2 on guy f****ing another guy in the A**. It was a graphic that moved. We had to stare at it all year every time we logged on to the league. One team even complained that his kid comes on and helps run the team and now he wouldnt let his kid on the site.
I had no intention of piling on but after that last post if DT doesn't get how insulting he has been then he needs some kind of wake up call.

I WOULD TRY my hardest and pick up players and set my best linup too. I am doing it currently - even with no chance to win. Is AZZ/DT aknowledging that we DO play for something in the consolation round ? I guess not.

This accusation is insulting to all of us. grow up.

[ November 30, 2010, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Riverdog ]
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 pm

I just wish I was in this league so that on Wednesday I could bid on every half-way decent receiver and injured QB I could.

The first player I'd drop for these pickups would be Dwayne Bowe.

Glenn

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:33 pm

One thing I have to say.

Azzuri is a very good ff player. He won a lot of leagues I was in. I respect him in that way.
I would just ask these questions.

Has he picked up players via faab in leagues he was out of it in ? (no chance to win league)

Has it affected any other teams ?

Did he look at the league situation (mind you, he is OUT of the running) and decide who it might help or hurt if he made the pickups ?

I think if he honestly answers those questions he might realize his accusation is pointless.
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:19 am

Originally posted by Riverdog:
One thing I have to say.

Azzuri is a very good ff player. He won a lot of leagues I was in. I respect him in that way.
I would just ask these questions.

If he's a self-centered, delusional, crude *hole, who cares if he's a good player? I don't think the NFFC needs guys like that in the contest.

[ November 30, 2010, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 am

Kevin,

Your mailbox is full.

Old School

Post by Old School » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:34 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I just wish I was in this league so that on Wednesday I could bid on every half-way decent receiver and injured QB I could.

The first player I'd drop for these pickups would be Dwayne Bowe.

Glenn :D Dwayne Bowe + Ben Obamanu = Karma

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 am

This week in the classic i won my match and my record now stands at 6 and 6.Obamanu was my high scorer and if i dont pick him up and leave Seji Atutu in i would have lost.Laurent Robinson had a decent game and adds a little value to my bench.
Romo might help me latter in the year the funny thing about Romo was Super Star Donny T was pissed i also picked him up yet there was no runner up bid.I guess he wanted him this week.
Yeah i guess with three weeks left i was supposed to lay down and do nothing and let the top teams with no money pick up the players they need.Anyway's Respect the Cowboy Star wins again and now has Jonathan Stewart back. Look out for this week as i have 58 dollars left and will spend every dollar to make my team better.
Eddie G the OG. ;)
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
This week in the classic i won my match and my record now stands at 6 and 6.Obamanu was my high scorer and if i dont pick him up and leave Seji Atutu in i would have lost.Laurent Robinson had a decent game and adds a little value to my bench.
Romo might help me latter in the year the funny thing about Romo was Super Star Donny T was pissed i also picked him up yet there was no runner up bid.I guess he wanted him this week.
Yeah i guess with three weeks left i was supposed to lay down and do nothing and let the top teams with no money pick up the players they need.Anyway's Respect the Cowboy Star wins again and now has Jonathan Stewart back. Look out for this week as i have 58 dollars left and will spend every dollar to make my team better.
Eddie G the OG. ;) Eddie, you did absolutely nothing wrong and you earned a win because of a smart free agent pickup. That's the bottom line. And like you said, while Don was upset about you getting Romo, HE DIDN'T EVEN BID FOR HIM!! C'mon, that's weak. I guess he wanted him for a buck this week and you prevented that from happening.

Boston has been a crazy league from the beginning, but it's been a very good league. Look at the standings right now. Don doesn't even realize it but h2h isn't his concern right now. He needs to score more points than Frank to win the total points crown or he could finish third in this league. He is 4.70 points behind Frankie, who is tied for first place at 9-3. Frank could finish first or third and Don could finish as high as first in total points with a shot at the $5,000 league prize, or third if Frank loses this week but still finishes ahead of Azzuri in total points.

It's a good league and it should be a good finish.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius