My Week 6 Vibes

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:08 am

posted October 11, 2007 10:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
We already saw JJ as a featured back 2 years ago when he was drafted in the first round of the WCOFF mostly. He was officially a bust as I recall...I remember it vividly because we drafted him

now I understand, its personal

you bet it was personal, but i am getting help

kjduke

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:02 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Most Cowboy fans I talk to (and there's quite a few here in 49erland) "man" love Barber more cause he gives 100% every play...

I do think they will find a completely different feature back soon though. He is fun to watch with his patented WHEELSPIN, TRIPLE JUKE, BOWL-OVER move.

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 am

right chief. the old wheelspin, triple juke, bowl over move trick. that is a good one.

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:09 am

A few rebuttal points in closing this case your honor:

JJ breakaway speed? Check the stats. Who has the longest (55) run from scrimmage this year? JJ?
Nope.

Who leads the league in Yards per carry? MB-yes.
Because he gets the ball in "open space"?
We are not talking about catches out of the backfield here. I thought the quarterback hands the ball off in the same "space" to every RB.

Breakaway speed is overrated (Just ask Jerious Norwood). It matters what you do after you take the first hit by the defense. If you go down easy, doesn't matter how fast you are. Barber doesn't go down.

Whether JJ does well for Tom's Lomabardi's Boys
is another issue all-together. Maybe so.

JJ was a feature back in 2005 drafted around end of first round for the majority of leagues in WCOFF. He produced RB3 numbers , not RB1, so that in my sometimes deluded mind, was a bust.

Case rests, your honor. We now throw ourselves on the mercy of the court.

(P.S.) Packers should go with Wynn. Same kinda thing. Not much speed but tough to bring down. good for December football).

KOTRAX RULES!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:17 am

Jones was RB21 in 2005 in standard scoring leagues. Not sure where he ranked in WCOFF but his 35 receptions certainly didn't hurt him that season. We had Jones ranked 13th among RBs prior to that season so if he ended up 21st in standard scoring he was a disappointment but not really a bust. He went from being a strong RB2 in our rankings to a medium one. That's not a huge drop-off.

Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DeShawn Wynn. Not even close in my opinion.

And just so we're clear I'm a huge Marion Barber fan. I think he's very talented. I just think the Cowboys know what they're doing here. The fact two different coaching staffs have come to the exact same conclusion about these two guys is very revealing in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 am

Hey barry, well aware of the stats - but watching all the games gives me a dissenting opinion.

Most of MB carries come when the defense is looking for the pass. Much easier to run on 3rd and 11 in a coverage defense, versus 1st and 10 in a run defense. The problem for JJ is that when he is in the backfield, it signals the D it's much more likely a running play, and vice versa with MB, so JJ gets no room and MB gets room.

As for kotrax, I wouldn't know if anything he says is worthwhile or not, I am back to skipping over all his CAPITAL OFFENSES, along with many others apparently. At least he has friends that put up with it.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:25 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
The problem for JJ is that when he is in the backfield, it signals the D it's much more likely a running playThis is another reason why, in my opinion, the Cowboys need to use him more in the passing game. On top of the fact he's making first downs nearly every time he catches the ball but it would give the defense something different to prepare for. It's pretty clear when Jones is in the game that it's either a run or a pass to someone else. So you check the run first and then ignore Jones because they're not involving him in the passing game.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:28 am

Tom, let's put together a conference call with Jerry Jones or son-of-Bum. :D

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:31 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Hey barry, well aware of the stats - but watching all the games gives me a dissenting opinion.

Most of MB carries come when the defense is looking for the pass. Much easier to run on 3rd and 11 in a coverage defense, versus 1st and 10 in a run defense. The problem for JJ is that when he is in the backfield, it signals the D it's much more likely a running play, and vice versa with MB, so JJ gets no room and MB gets room.

As for kotrax, I wouldn't know if anything he says is worthwhile or not, I am back to skipping over all his CAPITAL OFFENSES, along with many others apparently. At least he has friends that put up with it. YEP YOU'RE RIGHT K.J. PEOPLE LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF WHAT IS WRITTEN NOT HOW IT'S WRITTEN. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT BARRY!!!!!

kjduke

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

As for kotrax, I wouldn't know if anything he says is worthwhile or not, I am back to skipping over all his CAPITAL OFFENSES, along with many others apparently. At least he has friends that put up with it. YEP YOU'RE RIGHT K.J. PEOPLE LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF WHAT IS WRITTEN NOT HOW IT'S WRITTEN. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT BARRY!!!!!
[/QUOTE]I don't speak your crazy language man. If you want to address me please type in the appropriate context. If you're just responding to amuse yourself, go right ahead in your usual style.