I Will Chat Today At 2:30 ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 am

Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

I have taken a 4 hour lunch break today. Some questions to get you started.

-If Steven Jackson was signed and in camp where would he go on your draft board?

-Is the 49er offense so bad it would lead to Gore falling out of the top 8?

-How much will Jackson, Morency, Wynn, Herron eat into Grants playing time? Will Grant be on field for 3rd downs?

-With the (nffc) fantasy football regular season being 13 weeks, how much value is lost for guys like Steve Smith and B. Marshall? Marshall is missing nearly 25% of the reg season yet ADP remains high. How much do these guys get bumped down by you? 1. I'm VERY leery of Jackson. Larry Johnson's holdout last year showed how many problems can arise when a talented RB on a bad team holds out. I just think Jackson is way too risky to take in the first round right now but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.

2. Nope. With Gore this year it's all about touches - and he's going to get a TON of touches. I still like him a lot though I have to admit I'm starting to lean toward playing it safe and taking Addai with the fourth pick in my big-money PPR league.

3. As long as Grant's healthy he's the guy in Green Bay. None of the other RBs on the team are very good. They'll be used to spell him and Jackson or Morency could see work on third downs. Jackson won't get on the field, though, if his blitz pickups don't improve. He's still very poor in that area and you can't have that - especially when your QB has durability issues.

4. I've dropped Marshall down a round given how he could be out for three games. With Smith, I'd consider him at the end of the third round. 3RR makes him very appealing there in my opinion. I'll say this, though, if the choice is between guys like Roy Williams, Ward and Marshall, I'm all over Marshall. Even if he misses time he will be a monster when he's on the field.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 am

Do you think the Rams could be the worst team in the NFL this year? Jackson holding out, Bulger getting pounded again....

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 am

who has the messier RB situation? houston or cincinnati? or someone else?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 am

Tiffany Simons or Michelle Nunes?

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:24 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Tiffany Simons or Michelle Nunes? ginger or mary ann

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 am

Glenn- are you a Moss believer this year?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 am

If you had the 3rd pick in a 1-point-per-catch PPR league, what would you:

(1) realistically hope happens?

(2) do if your 1st and 2nd choices were off the board?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Do you think it is possible to draft almost identical teams in the 12 and 14 team formats?

If so, do you think this is too risky? Would you go for the daily double? There's a risk involved if you have injuries but for me it's all about talent. I will never pass on a player I like just because I have him in a few or even several leagues. If I like a certain player or players I'll take them. Sometimes it works and sometimes (like with Javon Walker last year who I had in almost every league I was in), it doesn't.

I don't know if it's possible to draft identical teams in the two events but I do think you could end up with several similar players if you subscribe to my belief above.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Glenn- are you a Moss believer this year? Let's put it this way -- even if he's "dead" on draft day, I'm taking him. :D

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Tiffany Simons or Michelle Nunes? ginger or mary ann [/QUOTE]I'll take Ginger for one night and Mary Ann as my long term investment!!