Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC In Boston?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 19, 2010 2:57 am

We're glad to be making our first appearance in Boston for the NFFC and we hope it leads to us returning to Boston for baseball next March. I think there is great potential for that if football is as successful as everyone hopes it will be.

We will be hosting live main event drafts on Saturday, Sept. 4th at the Radisson Hotel Boston in the downtown area. It's located at 200 Stuart Street and it's a fantastic hotel. We will be offering discounted room rates as part of our room block and the Events Fee and co-manager fee will take care of food and beverage during the Classic and Primetime drafts. This should be a lot of fun and we are VERY excited about introducing the NFFC to the New England area.

We already have had inquiries about offering Friday events in Boston and we are looking into available space for that now. The goal has been to introduce the main events in our new cities and to feature the Friday events in NY, LV and Chicago, but if demand warrants it we obviously will make it happen. We could offer an Auction League and a Draft Champions League at 4 or 5 pm ET, or split them up, offering one at 11 am and the other at 4 pm.

Nothing is planned for Friday yet, but we look forward to receiving your input and seeing if we can make this happen. Anyway, here is the current signup list for Boston and we'll update this thread with each new signup. Thanks all and let's MAKE THIS HAPPEN in Boston!!

Oh, and we have a room block at the Radisson. Here's the info for that: Rooms on Friday and Saturday are $129 per night, a good rate at this hotel. Call 617-482-1800 or 1-800-333-3333. Please indicate you are with the National Fantasy Football Championship to get the group rate. Thanks.

NATIONAL FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
NFFC CLASSIC MAIN EVENT (14 TEAMS)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2010

BOSTON, NFFC CLASSIC
Radisson Hotel Boston
Saturday, Sept. 4, 1 p.m. EST
1. Jeff Dawson, Marston Mills, Massachusetts
2. Mike Sanda, Warwick, Rhode Island
3. Frank Mammola, North White Plains, New York
4. Eddie Gillis, Jamestown, Rhode Island
5. Nelson Sousa, Saugerties, New York
6. John Hogan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7. Raj Patel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8. Joseph Treffiletti, Sunrise, Florida
9. John Rundle, Pembroke, Massachusetts
10. Michael Treffiletti, Moreau, New York
11. Michael Cole, Franklin, Tennessee
12. Salvatore Vella, Staten Island, New York

NFFC PRIMETIME
BOSTON
Radisson Hotel Boston
Saturday, Sept. 4, 6 p.m. EST
1. Jeff Dawson, Marston Mills, Massachusetts
2. Mike Sanda, Warwick, Rhode Island
3. Nelson Sousa, Saugerties, New York
4. John Hogan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5. Siobhan Hogan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6. Raj Patel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7. Eddie Gillis, Jamestown, Rhode Island
8. John Rundle, Pembroke, Massachusetts
9. Michael Cole, Franklin, Tennessee

BOSTON
Radisson Hotel Boston
Friday, Sept. 3, 1 pm EST
1. Mike Sanda, Warwick, Rhode Island
2. Frank Mammola, North White Plains, New York
3. Jeff Dawson, Marston Mills, Massachusetts
4. Eddie Gillis, Jamestown, Rhode Island
5. Nelson Sousa, Saugerties, New York
6. John Hogan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

[ August 04, 2010, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:27 am

I'm interested in both main events in Boston if there's also enough interest for a DC. I also hope that there's more than just one or two leagues drafting there cuz that multileague simultaneous draft experience is such a rush! If not, we'll go to NY.

I see that Jeff is already signed up for Boston, so a rematch is setting up nicely from last year's NY Primetime league.

So c'mon folks! If you want a DC in Boston too, update this thread please.

FWIW, the Red Sox host the White Sox that Fri. night so if a DC draft at 4pm finishes by 6:30 we should be able to make the game (prob. bleachers or SRO, not sure what kinda tix will be available).

[ June 02, 2010, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed May 19, 2010 7:48 am

IF there is a dc in boston then i will go to boston.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed May 19, 2010 7:51 am

the red sox should be dead by then. just like the old dayz. you put your lawn chairs and red sox away at the same time.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 am

Very cool Frank. Then we can have both a Primetime rematch vs Jeff and a Classic rematch with you! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 19, 2010 8:15 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
IF there is a dc in boston then i will go to boston. I have the room secured for Friday if there's enough interest in a Draft Champions League in Boston. We could do one starting at 4 pm or at 11 am. We could even offer an Auction League at 11 am or 4 pm. You folks tell me what you want and we'll get it done, but the space is already secured and if demand warrants it in Boston we could have a full day of activities on Friday. The Radisson is willing to make this work for us.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks Greg. I'd prefer a DC at 4pm so I won't have to take my comanager/son out of school for the whole day. But I can do it earlier too if that works better for others.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 am

i dont care about time. whatever is good with everyone is good with me. if boston has a dc i will go there. if not then citifield

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 22, 2010 2:40 am

Just a heads up that it looks like we'll be able to get a room block at $129 per night at the Radisson Hotel Boston, which is an incredible weekend rate for a 5-star hotel. I'll get the room block code next week and post it here. Wow, that's great. And we do have the space for the Friday events if we get momentum going for signups. I'll likely reserve that next week, so let's get the ball rolling on an afternoon DC and/or Auction League in Boston. Could be fun, fun, fun.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:06 am

C'mon folks! Who wants to do a Draft Champions league in Boston??? I'm ready to pull the trigger on my registrations this year but can't commit to Boston without a DC. I'm itching to get my hands on the new mags but can only acquire early with registration.

So who else is planning on a Boston DC?