Greg & Tom Will Be Here To Chat At 3 pm EST

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:53 am

maybe galloway has one last decent year left in him?

I really like cooley this year. specially since reports are saying he will be used in a LJ Smith type role.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 am

Galloway looked done last season in New England. I'm not sure he has much, if anything, left in the tank. I think his spot on the depth chart right now is more a reflection on how bad Thomas and Kelly are.

Absolutely love Cooley this season. Plus his ADP makes him very affordable.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 am

Originally posted by Popcorn Maker:
i like the poll option. it will be cool to see peoples opinions without them being drowned out.

what are your guys thoughts on the skins wide receivers. they have underperformed thus far but do you see a major turn around? Man, what a mess there in Washington. I feel bad for McNabb. Moss is adequate, but from a fantasy perspective he's averaged 4.5 TD catches per year over the last FOUR years and he averages about 60 yards receiving per game. Nothing special. Galloway may look good, but how long before he gets hurt?

Thomas has the size at 6'2", 218, but he's done nothing so far and if Galloway has passed him already on the depth chart, that's a bad sign. Look for Cooley to be McNabb's favorite target for sure.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:59 am

Just a heads up that we're going to try to get more industry folks to jump in for live chats starting next week. Fanball's Rick Hawes did all of the player projections for the web site and magazines and he has agreed to do a Live Chat next week. Tom is trying to lock down the day and time for that one.

I'm going to get Kelly and Dan Grogan to do a Live Chat with our NFFC guys next week as well. Tom is asking other industry folks for the following weeks as well. STay tuned and hopefully we can create some fun live chats for folks to read while they're happening and even after they're done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:01 am

Question for Tom: Tell us where you'd pick two of the suspended NFL guys, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger.

Considering the NFFC season is 13 weeks long, can you really afford to roster guys who are out 3 games, 4 games or maybe 6 games??

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just a heads up that we're going to try to get more industry folks to jump in for live chats starting next week. Fanball's Rick Hawes did all of the player projections for the web site and magazines and he has agreed to do a Live Chat next week. Tom is trying to lock down the day and time for that one.

I'm going to get Kelly and Dan Grogan to do a Live Chat with our NFFC guys next week as well. Tom is asking other industry folks for the following weeks as well. STay tuned and hopefully we can create some fun live chats for folks to read while they're happening and even after they're done. Awesome!!!

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:02 am

Saints OL is top 5 in the NFL, Packers OL is closer to bottem 5 then top 5. Why is everyone all over Rodgers nuts when Brees is the safer pick? Anyone remember the Packers first 5 weeks last year? They did not fix the OL they patched it... Who knows when that patch comes off. I know they drafted that guy out of IOWA but..... out of the 5 OL men on that team 8 of the 10 knees are fake.

What are your reasons to draft Rodgers over Brees? Or vice versa? ADP has Rodgers higher.
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:04 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Question for Tom: Tell us where you'd pick two of the suspended NFL guys, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger.I've been targeting both Holmes and Roethlisberger in many of my drafts already. I think both are terrific value. I'd consider Holmes as a WR4 so once I had secured my top 3 there I'd look to grab him because he has Top 20 talent and represents terrific value if you can survive the suspension - which should be possible if he's your WR4.

Roethlisberger is someone I'd consider after the first 15 or so QBs are off the board. You have to make sure your starter's bye comes before his suspension is over obviously but if you do that and can snare Ben as your QB2 your depth at that position will have gotten considerably stronger. He's a great value pick right now.

I'm backing completely off Jackson right now. Love his talent but the suspension combined with a possible holdout has him on my Do Not Draft List at the present time.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:04 am

Okay, the hell with it. I don't get to talk with Tom much in the office, so I'll ask him questions on a public forum!! :D Position battles Tom:

Who do you take now in Houston: Steve Slaton, Ben Tate or Arian Foster?

Do you take any of these wideouts in Denver: Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, Demaryius Thomas or Brandon Stokely? If so, rank them.

Who do you take in Seattle in the backfield: Justin Forsett, Leon Washington or Julius Jones?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:07 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
Saints OL is top 5 in the NFL, Packers OL is closer to bottem 5 then top 5. Why is everyone all over Rodgers nuts when Brees is the safer pick? Anyone remember the Packers first 5 weeks last year? They did not fix the OL they patched it... Who knows when that patch comes off. I know they drafted that guy out of IOWA but..... out of the 5 OL men on that team 8 of the 10 knees are fake.

What are your reasons to draft Rodgers over Brees? Or vice versa? ADP has Rodgers higher. I don't know what Greg thinks but Brees is my No. 1 QB although Rodgers is a close second. I think both are in prolific passing attacks with huge potential but Brees has stronger potential to top 30 TDs in my eyes. Where Rodgers' hidden value comes is with rushing TDs. He'll gobble up a few and those additional six points from the QB position are always a nice bonus.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich