Greg & Tom Will Be Here To Chat At 3 pm EST

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:08 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
Saints OL is top 5 in the NFL, Packers OL is closer to bottem 5 then top 5. Why is everyone all over Rodgers nuts when Brees is the safer pick? Anyone remember the Packers first 5 weeks last year? They did not fix the OL they patched it... Who knows when that patch comes off. I know they drafted that guy out of IOWA but..... out of the 5 OL men on that team 8 of the 10 knees are fake.

What are your reasons to draft Rodgers over Brees? Or vice versa? ADP has Rodgers higher. C'mon fellow Cheesehead, easy on the Packer bashing before training camp opens. :D Yes, Rodgers did get sacked like 47 times in seven games, but once Tauscher returned that was a much better OL. But I agree, they don't run block worth a s**t anymore and Rodgers has to get rid of the ball sooner or he may get killed back there. But as the coaches said last week, he did throw only seven interceptions and sometimes those sacks were better than a forced ball that could have resulted in an INT.

I think Rodgers' strong second half and playoff win has everyone drooling over his potential in 2010. I do agree, I think Brees is the safer pick, but the letdown of Super Bowl teams the following year probably has something to do with Brees suddenly going after Rodgers. But I agree with you, I think there's a bit too much overhype on the Packers right now, Rodgers included.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, the hell with it. I don't get to talk with Tom much in the office, so I'll ask him questions on a public forum!! :D Position battles Tom:

Who do you take now in Houston: Steve Slaton, Ben Tate or Arian Foster?

I really like Slaton to bounce back but the early vibes about Foster are very strong so I'd consider both as RB3s. I'm losing early faith in Tate. Long term he's still viable but it's a big mountain for him to climb right now.

Do you take any of these wideouts in Denver: Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, Demaryius Thomas or Brandon Stokely? If so, rank them.

I'd target Gaffney as a WR4. I'd only consider Gaffney or Royal and Royal has to really impress in camp. He looked terrible last season.

Who do you take in Seattle in the backfield: Justin Forsett, Leon Washington or Julius Jones? I don't want anything to do with Jones even if he wins the starting job. If Forsett gets the starting job, I'll look at him as a RB3. Washington is the sleeper pick. If he's healthy, he's a better third-down RB than Forsett so he'll become a factor. But he needs to show he's healthy first.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

Tom: Are you still drafting Montario Hardesty ahead of Jerome Harrison? I know you like the rookie.

Okay, what does TO going to Cincinnati do fantasy wise?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:13 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Tom: Are you still drafting Montario Hardesty ahead of Jerome Harrison? I know you like the rookie.

Okay, what does TO going to Cincinnati do fantasy wise? Yup. Everything I'm hearing about Hardesty is the Browns' LOVE him. Absolutely love him. He's one of my top RB3 options who I think could emerge as a Top 15-20 RB this season. For those who buy the Fanball app on iPad you'll see how much I like Hardesty. :D

I think TO lowers Ocho's value quite a bit. Helps Palmer a little but I'm still very concerned about Palmer. He looked like a punch drunk fighter last season. No zip on his passes at all. I'm avoiding him right now unless the value is good. I think Ocho's value drops to the 20-25 range among WRs. TO is probably in the 30-35 range now. I like both as solid WR3s in PPR leagues. But I think they cancel one another out in terms of either having a huge ceiling.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:15 am

Wow, have you looked at some of these WR depth charts? Tennessee has Justin Gage, Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Damian Williams. Ouch. How does Vince Young find open targets there?

Buffalo has Lee Evans, James Hardy, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish?? Really?

Tampa Bay has Arrelious Benn, Mike Williams, Reggie Brown, Sammie Stroughter??? Wow.

Okay Tom, see any values on those three wide receiving corps??

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

1. Tennessee's passing game still looks brutal. I don't want any of their WRs except for depth purposes. I'd consider Britt as a WR5/WR6. His poor offseason is a major red flag.

2. Buffalo's passing game stinks too. I do think people are sleeping a bit on Evans, though. His QBs are awful but with TO gone he's all they have at WR so he will get plenty of targets. I think he's someone to consider in the 28-30 range among WRs.

3. Tampa Bay? Pass. Benn is worthy of being targeted in very deep leagues but I don't expect much there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

good questions Greg

What Giant RB ends up with most FF pts at the end of the year?

There have been reports that Naanee will be #1 WR ahead of Floyd... (out side of Gates of course) Do you agree with this?

What Dallas RB will end season with most FF pts?

how many WR/TE will reach 100 catches this year?

Welker/Edelmen Im going to guess Wes will miss first 6 weeks of season (is that the rule for pup list?) anyway who has more FF pts at end of year? If for some reason Welker shuts the whole season down... can Edelman last ALL season in the slot role?
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Okay, what does TO going to Cincinnati do fantasy wise? Yup. Everything I'm hearing about Hardesty is the Browns' LOVE him. Absolutely love him. He's one of my top RB3 options who I think could emerge as a Top 15-20 RB this season. For those who buy the Fanball app on iPad you'll see how much I like Hardesty. :D

I think TO lowers Ocho's value quite a bit. Helps Palmer a little but I'm still very concerned about Palmer. He looked like a punch drunk fighter last season. No zip on his passes at all. I'm avoiding him right now unless the value is good. I think Ocho's value drops to the 20-25 range among WRs. TO is probably in the 30-35 range now. I like both as solid WR3s in PPR leagues. But I think they cancel one another out in terms of either having a huge ceiling.
[/QUOTE]I think a guy who is getting lost in the talk in Cincinnati is rookie TE Jermaine Gresham. I know rookie TEs rarely excel and I can't remember the Bengals throwing to a TE in the last decade, but this kid was special at Oklahoma. Any chance you see him excelling with Palmer throwing less downfield and teams respecting Chad and TO deep? Just wondering because I think a dump off receiver like that is where Palmer is going to need to go this year with his arm and what defenses give him. Agree or not?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:20 am

1. I think Jacobs is the best Giant RB this season. Bradshaw is still hobbling around and that's a real concern for me.

2. I don't see Floyd being passed unless he stinks. He's a talented guy. He's just not a No. 1 WR but he's being forced into that role with Jackson out. I still like Floyd.

3. I think Jones has more fantasy points than Barber in Dallas but I think Barber will represent the superior value.

4. I'll say two - Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall.

5. I don't know if Edelman can last the whole year but if Welker is on PUP to start the season his value will soar. I'd absolutely pounce on Edelman in NFFC/PPR formats. He should get plenty of targets. That certainly was the case last season when he filled in for Welker.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:22 am

I like Gresham's talent but the Bengals would have to seriously readjust their passing game for him to have significant value. I don't see that happening this season. I think they'll divide their time running with Benson and throwing primarily to Ocho and TO. I think Gresham will have a few moments but not enough to make him worthy of serious fantasy consideration. I'd consider him in a DC league, though.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich