Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC In Boston?

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:46 am

Just my .02c, I know Greg and Tom are busting there ass,I really feel for you guys.This is my 6th event and I'm here because of all your hard work.I loved the Boston idea, but as stated,Im not drafting in the same league twice or even 3 times....I've been to NYC every year,i dont know if its too late, but I'll keep watching. Greg and Tom, how but a 30 or 60 second add on WEEI, sports radio, its the biggest and most listend too radio from cape cod to maine...Just a thought, but personally I'm not feeling the XMAS day rush that i usually get and really disapointed with the results so far....

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Just my .02c, I know Greg and Tom are busting there ass,I really feel for you guys.This is my 6th event and I'm here because of all your hard work.I loved the Boston idea, but as stated,Im not drafting in the same league twice or even 3 times....I've been to NYC every year,i dont know if its too late, but I'll keep watching. Greg and Tom, how but a 30 or 60 second add on WEEI, sports radio, its the biggest and most listend too radio from cape cod to maine...Just a thought, but personally I'm not feeling the XMAS day rush that i usually get and really disapointed with the results so far.... Jeff, if you are disappointed and you've had fun for six years in New York then jump over to Citi Field. Let's get 6-7 leagues there and bring you Christmas Day again. Nobody HAS to do Boston. Just make the move. I'll call you now to discuss. I WANT you to be happy. We gave it our best shot in Boston and came up short, which for some members, isn't worth sticking around. I'll understand.

I know folks want us to pay for newspaper or radio ads, but folks just don't hear about the NFFC in their car radio and sign up the next day. I wish it were that easy. We've partnered with radio stations in the past and gave out free entries and it didn't lead to a single signup. Ads are good, I agree, but you need results.

We have an incredible data base of proven fantasy players in pay leagues and we are constantly reaching out to them, targeting specific areas with calls and emails. But the step up to $1400 for any fantasy player is tough and we're seeing that in all of the contests.

I'll call you now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 am

In the sign up list for Boston there are 2 people from Massachusetts. I am drafting in Boston and had 4 guys I know interested in the main event, all played fantasy football for $400+ for the last 5 years and none had ever heard of NFFC. I would consider that a problem if I was trying to grow NFFC.

None are signing up, they would rather play in a home league run by Yahoo and get 100% of their money back. There just is not enough value in paying event fees, co-manager fees and having 20% of your money taken up front.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 am

wow. this sucks. im really not into citifield at all. not looking to drive 2 hours each way friday and sat. definitly not looking to stay over in the middle of nowhere at citifield. dont you think that changing this 3 weeks before draft is crazy. it seems that way to me.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:13 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
In the sign up list for Boston there are 2 people from Massachusetts. I am drafting in Boston and had 4 guys I know interested in the main event, all played fantasy football for $400+ for the last 5 years and none had ever heard of NFFC. I would consider that a problem if I was trying to grow NFFC.

None are signing up, they would rather play in a home league run by Yahoo and get 100% of their money back. There just is not enough value in paying event fees, co-manager fees and having 20% of your money taken up front. If people don't believe there's value in playing in a national event, we understand. It's not for everyone. But people do need to realize this is a business and if we don't run it like a business then we'll be out of business. Same with WCOFF, FFPC and anyone else who enters this market. There is a difference between playing in a Yahoo league where you get 100% return and playing in a high-stakes event where the prize payouts are still very good. It's not for everyone and we understand that.

Frank, we're not trying to change anything. We simply want to work with everyone to get them in the places they want to be. If Boston isn't working out for them and they want to switch to New York. If you want to stay in Boston we're going to do everything we can to make that a positive experience for you. The key here is we want to work together with you guys to figure this out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:17 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
wow. this sucks. im really not into citifield at all. not looking to drive 2 hours each way friday and sat. definitly not looking to stay over in the middle of nowhere at citifield. dont you think that changing this 3 weeks before draft is crazy. it seems that way to me. I'm not changing it Frankie. We're staying in Boston with all of the folks who want to draft there. I'm talking to each of them now; some say Boston is still their choice. They'd rather not compete with the same people in the Primetime after doing the Classic and that can be solved. Right now if you look at that Classic lineup card, it's a freakin' great league and it would be a blast to play that out with a few more owners. And then we can solve the Primetime and the DC so you folks are in different leagues.

Competing against the same people twice seems to be the biggest concern and that can be solved through the Primetime if needed. I'll keep this together if that's what folks want. You owners tell me where you want to draft.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:22 am

i understand this tom and dont want to be a pain in the azz but this should have been looked at and addressed 2-3 weeks ago and come up with a plan. when you cant fill a dc in chicago , nyc and boston something is wrong. i know you dont want to hear it but by expanding soooo much it watered it down. last year walking into the draft room in nyc was great. this year you have a table in 5 different cities. no thrill with that.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:33 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i understand this tom and dont want to be a pain in the azz but this should have been looked at and addressed 2-3 weeks ago and come up with a plan. when you cant fill a dc in chicago , nyc and boston something is wrong. i know you dont want to hear it but by expanding soooo much it watered it down. last year walking into the draft room in nyc was great. this year you have a table in 5 different cities. no thrill with that. I take the blame here for coming up with the multi-city idea in 2004. I thought making everyone fly to Las Vegas wasn't the best way to grow an event, so I came up with the idea of hosting live events in New York, Chicago and Las Vegas. Then we added Florida and felt 2-3 leagues there wasn't big enough.

Well, here we are now with more cities and less participation. The easy solution is to do what other contests do: Go back to Las Vegas and online. Does everyone want to draft online?

I want LIVE EVENTS and fun LIVE EVENTS. I've offered online options because some folks just can't make it to the live events but want a shot at the $100,000 grand prize. Others worry about travel costs and time, and I get that. Some just come to Las Vegas because they know I'll be a great host!! :D

We're going to push hard these last two weeks in each city and try to get full leagues. If not, we'll hook up each city and still have tough, competitive leagues. And our contracts will have enough food and drink to make every single person in those cities happy!! :D

But if that's not what you want, then we hope you can still make NYC or Chicago or Las Vegas. Almost all of the people on the Boston list have done NYC before and so we're saving folks money by hosting Boston. Let's make it work and address the Primetime league situation easily. Hell, go to the Red Sox game together on Friday night, draft twice on Saturday and enjoy the time together, small or not. Look at the characters there, you'll still have a great, great time.

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks Tom and Greg...

Personally I would like to thank them for the opportunity to experience another great city and the challenge that the Bosten league will present.

As for the Yahoo league comment....to be the Best you got to Beat the Best!

Eddie, Game on! See you in Bosten!
mc
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 am

Originally posted by nolencole:
Thanks Tom and Greg...

Personally I would like to thank them for the opportunity to experience another great city and the challenge that the Bosten league will present.

As for the Yahoo league comment....to be the Best you got to Beat the Best!

Eddie, Game on! See you in Bosten!
mc im with you. get your azz to boston eddie. :D :D