NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Diesel

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Diesel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 am

kapefear, I know you're from Mass. but I thought you were a Lions fan. ;)
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Hammerheads

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Hammerheads » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 pm

I haven't been keeping up. Are we going to 12 team leagues this year?

Greg Ambrosius

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:56 am

Originally posted by Hammerheads:
I haven't been keeping up. Are we going to 12 team leagues this year? No, the NFFC remains a 14-team league format. We are adding a second event called the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship, which also has a $100,000 grand prize and $5,000 league prizes. That is a 12-team league format and will follow the NFFC drafts on Saturday, Aug. 30th in all four cities.

There is a separate web site for this contest, which is listed above. Contact me if you need more information on this format. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:58 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Greg,

I'm curious why the address to get to that site is ****://nfc.nbc.....?

Also, is that site linked from somewhere on the main NBC site? It represented the name of our Joint Venture when we first secured the URL. I think the lawyers may have fiddled with that since then and the final contract is still being signed, but that's where the nfc came from.

We'd like all of our ventures to have the nbcsports.com in the URL and eventually go away from our longer fantasyfootballchampionship.com URL. Right now two new active URLs are:

****://nffc.nbcsports.com
****://nfbc.nbcsports.com

Those are shorter, sweeter and to the point.

Some of our ads will be added to the NBC Sports site along with our columns soon. We'll have some presence on MSNBC.com too. It's all good.

[ June 05, 2008, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:34 am

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the development of our web sites and how it may affect the naming of our events down the road.

Initially when we came up with the idea of adding the 12-team NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship, we tried to distinguish the live drafts as two separate events. We felt our audience would choose between one or the other and thus differentiating them was the best plan. I actually pushed in that direction and thus we began building the NBC Sports FFC site to be different than the NFFC site.

Since we started building everything, however, a few things changed. First of all, it's now apparent that many of our die-hard NFFC members are going to compete in BOTH events and they like BOTH formats. We already have 46 owners signed up for BOTH main events, which I think is phenomenal this early in the off-season. And secondly, distinguishing these as two events wasn't taking advantage of our NBC Sports partnership very well and was actually more confusing than less confusing.

So in the last week, we've been tweaking our web sites little by little and will have subtle changes on our two sites as we go along. Eventually, I think we may have a revamping of the NFFC site if all goes as planned, bringing that site to a similar look and feel as the NBC Sports site.

Right now we are directing everyone to our splash page where all of our events and contests will be promoted. The URL for that is:
****://nfc.nbcsports.com

Under the orange box we've introduced our two live football events and now are calling both of them the NBC Sports National Fantasy Football Championship. The 14-team game will be referred to as the NBC Sports NFFC Classic and the 12-team game will be referred to as the NBC Sports NFFC Primetime. You can see that the logos are very different and I'm sure folks will still refer to the NFFC as our 14-team format. That's cool.

The NBC Sports Primetime site will see a few more changes this week as well and then we'll try to integrate that look and feel on the NFFC Classic site. We don't have enough links back and forth between the two sites, but that will all change soon enough. The Registration pages are separate now too, but again that will all change soon so that you can more easily sign up for both events.

I know this is all a work in progress, but we're going to get there soon enough. You live and learn as you go along sometimes and I think my push to differentiate the two contests wasn't the right move. I think we're heading in the right direction now and I feel good about everything. Marrying these two events more makes sense and you die-hards showed me that early on. Good stuff.

So check out the new splash page and look for more upgrades on the NBC Sports site soon. Then I hope the NFFC site gets a face-lift. In time, they'll be as one and then we'll be cruising. This template can then be used for baseball, basketball and other sports we will eventually venture into.

Thanks for your patience on all of this. Signups are strong despite our "road construction" on the sites and that's a good sign. More goodies are sure to come, which will lead to even better response. Thanks all.

kjduke

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by kjduke » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 am

Greg,

You might want to change/merge the titles in some of these forums from NFFC/NBC to just NFFC and for the signups to Classic and Primetime. If someone new visits they won't know what they're looking at.

Like the integration and looking forward to an NBC makeover of the NFFC site. In the process, PLEASE redo our home pages - I know we've been asking for 4 years, but now is the perfect time to get it done. And, its even more important now with the different formats to give us an organized home page for all of our leagues. I am happy to help in the beta stage, as I'm sure some of the other heavy users would be who've been asking for changes. That process worked great for the FAAB makeover, as we had a chance to give feedback before the final product was rolled out and it came out fantastic.

[ June 10, 2008, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Coltsfan

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am

Greg,

Do we get free membership to rotoworld as a part of this? I was looking for the blog and didn't see it.

Wayne

Diesel

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Diesel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 am

A link to "12 Team Online Leagues" and "14 Team Online Leagues" might help a lot on the new site. My $0.02 .
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:01 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg,

You might want to change/merge the titles in some of these forums from NFFC/NBC to just NFFC and for the signups to Classic and Primetime. If someone new visits they won't know what they're looking at.

Like the integration and looking forward to an NBC makeover of the NFFC site. In the process, PLEASE redo our home pages - I know we've been asking for 4 years, but now is the perfect time to get it done. And, its even more important now with the different formats to give us an organized home page for all of our leagues. I am happy to help in the beta stage, as I'm sure some of the other heavy users would be who've been asking for changes. That process worked great for the FAAB makeover, as we had a chance to give feedback before the final product was rolled out and it came out fantastic. I have asked STATS to do this and to create hyperlinks where your NFBC teams can reside and past NFFC teams can reside. They haven't gotten around to doing that, but it is on the list of things to do. Stay on me for this and I'll do all I can to get it done, but I need to rely on STATS to do the heavy lifting.

Tom and I can change the message board topics easily. We'll do that soon.

Greg Ambrosius

NBC FFC Site Is Now Live

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:02 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

Do we get free membership to rotoworld as a part of this? I was looking for the blog and didn't see it.

Wayne Rotoworld.com is a free content site. They have a pay Draft Kit online that just went live last week. I'll talk to those guys to see what we want to do there.