magazine leagues

Greg Ambrosius

magazine leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:47 pm

The more I read this thread the more I can't believe how this last week has gone. I understand the frustration here, but to get to this point where we are questioned this far on our own boards, it has to be unnerving to any new customer looking in. WOW.

I'll TAKE FULL BLAME. I guess I didn't think this was the lightening rod today when we finally pushed to get the back-end live for everyone to see. Again, it's time to take shots at me this and no one else.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'm not worried about Fanball financially AT ALL.

They have the money, and I am 100% sure they will pay out. Now WHEN you get the payout, could be an issue, as it doesn't seem like anyone (besides Greg and Tom and a few select others) are concerned about WHEN things get done.

Like Mark said "when Fanball bought the NFFC, they bought the traditions". Well, the problem as I see it is there is one person who makes all the final decisions in this company, when the guys who know EXACTLY how it should be run (Greg and Tom) have to default to him.

I have bitten my tongue all off season, and will continue to do so, but the "mom and pop store feel" that made the NFFC what it was, seems to be LONG gone.

And that is no slight on Greg and Tom, as they still continue to bend over backwards where they can and jump on EVERY grenade thrown on these boards, but having their expertise in running this event to it's maximum effectiveness is being wasted because it doesn't seem like a Fanball team when ONE person is making all the decisions. :(

Whatever everyone decides about the magazine leagues is fine with me. Curious Billy, how can you be 100% sure of whether they will pay out on the leagues ? Unless your the CEO of fanball i don't think you can 100% guarantee anything that they do.

But i do agree that the mom and pop feel is gone.. next year when im able to travel.. it's going to be a tough decision.. but we will see how the season unfolds..
[/QUOTE]Hey Mike.....your BLOG is SEVERELY outdated unless you know something about Brian Westbrook and Larry Johnson being top 6 RB's that the rest of us don't know!

boutrous11

magazine leagues

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:59 pm

great, now I feel guilty!

i still want to play out the mag. auction buy the way.

TamuScarecrow

magazine leagues

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Can you say, "usual suspects", Greg? The Chicken Littles are restless and definitely bored so I can't wait until Draft Day. Gerard and I should be contacting you shortly about our league choices as I'm sure everyone is waiting for this monumental announcement. :D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Can you say, "usual suspects", Greg? The Chicken Littles are restless and definitely bored so I can't wait until Draft Day. Gerard and I should be contacting you shortly about our league choices as I'm sure everyone is waiting for this monumental announcement. :D :D Hope it has to do with horses.....but I fully understand if you are scared.

If you do come to Chicago AND join the auction (we only need 5 more!)....first and second drinks are on me!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

magazine leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Can you say, "usual suspects", Greg? The Chicken Littles are restless and definitely bored so I can't wait until Draft Day. Gerard and I should be contacting you shortly about our league choices as I'm sure everyone is waiting for this monumental announcement. :D :D Good to hear Rick. I almost called you today about this. Nah, this is on me and it's my fault. I missed this earlier and it's my fault for not responding. As we already know in Wisconsin, a snowball rolling downhill can grow into a big snowball and that's what we let this do. Now we either unveil everything and live up to your standards or it's on me for not getting it all done. Let's get it done and stop talking.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TamuScarecrow

magazine leagues

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Gerard is getting anxious to complete travel plans if we go that route so we won't keep you waiting or guessing too long. Just be sure to keep some extra beers cold when you get to Vegas just in case. ;)

As for this thread, I'm sure SNAKE wouldn't mind playing WAZ's mag team for him, Tom. :D Imagine the size of the thread you would have if SNAKE wins the mag league with Billy's draft. YIKES!!!!
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by weber:

They have the money, and I am 100% sure they will pay out. Now WHEN you get the payout, could be an issue, as it doesn't seem like anyone (besides Greg and Tom and a few select others) are concerned about WHEN things get done.

Like Mark said "when Fanball bought the NFFC, they bought the traditions". Well, the problem as I see it is there is one person who makes all the final decisions in this company, when the guys who know EXACTLY how it should be run (Greg and Tom) have to default to him.

I have bitten my tongue all off season, and will continue to do so, but the "mom and pop store feel" that made the NFFC what it was, seems to be LONG gone.

And that is no slight on Greg and Tom, as they still continue to bend over backwards where they can and jump on EVERY grenade thrown on these boards, but having their expertise in running this event to it's maximum effectiveness is being wasted because it doesn't seem like a Fanball team when ONE person is making all the decisions. :(

Whatever everyone decides about the magazine leagues is fine with me. Curious Billy, how can you be 100% sure of whether they will pay out on the leagues ? Unless your the CEO of fanball i don't think you can 100% guarantee anything that they do.

But i do agree that the mom and pop feel is gone.. next year when im able to travel.. it's going to be a tough decision.. but we will see how the season unfolds..
[/QUOTE]Hey Mike.....your BLOG is SEVERELY outdated unless you know something about Brian Westbrook and Larry Johnson being top 6 RB's that the rest of us don't know!
[/QUOTE]i guess when you can't support a statement go to the alternative and draw attention elsewhere.. what a shocker.. ok i'll play that game too..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Originally posted by weber:

[/QUOTE]i guess when you can't support a statement go to the alternative and draw attention elsewhere.. what a shocker.. ok i'll play that game too..
[/QUOTE]I supported my statement above....geez!!!!

Simply making a comment about your BLOG....why are you ALWAYS on the defensive??? :confused:

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]I supported my statement above....geez!!!!

Simply making a comment about your BLOG....why are you ALWAYS on the defensive??? :confused:
[/QUOTE]your the only clown i take issue with on these boards or in any of the big leagues.. just u..

you should spend more time in real life, maybe work a little harder and spend less time on boards.. says alot about your priorities in life...
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com