Question about Ravens Texans postponement

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 am

I believe Like Big Mo said, you cannot open it up for just certain positions.

Let's say you drafted Brady, Flacco and Schaub.

Assuming you couldn't get a better option on the WW, you felt okay about having 2 QBs left.

Now what? You sit idle while another team gets to pick up a Def? No way. Sorry.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

yomop1212

Post by yomop1212 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 pm

The line should be drawn at Defenses and Kickers. 95% of teams carry only 1. They should not be penalized for a natural disaster.

dobberlins

Post by dobberlins » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Originally posted by Like Tiger on Sunday:
The line should be drawn at Defenses and Kickers. 95% of teams carry only 1. They should not be penalized for a natural disaster. No way! I am going to be a WR short now without Derrick Mason. My bench WR's - Andre Davis, Bobby Engram and Jerry Porter...two hurt and another on the Texans...just have to deal with it. Initial draft plan was that I'd have Porter and Engram back when they were healthy. This is just unfortunate bi-product of events.

If K's and DEF's were opened, then I would expect WR's opened for me.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:13 pm

The line should be drawn at Defenses and Kickers. 95% of teams carry only 1. They should not be penalized for a natural disaster. You must have an issue with a kicker or defense. Try to look through the eyes of Greg and Tom for a minute and set your personal biases aside. It gets really ugly if they open up the free agents.

Right now this is the fault of a natural disaster, blame God if you want. If they make a move, then it is all on them and there would be equal or greater complaints.

I have Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels in 8 leagues, Andre Johnson in two major WCOFF leagues, Willis in the NBC and only the Baltimore Defense in a WCOFF satellite.

I would benefit from another decision, but it is not going to happen.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Originally posted by Poopy Tooth:
quote:Originally posted by Like Tiger on Sunday:
The line should be drawn at Defenses and Kickers. 95% of teams carry only 1. They should not be penalized for a natural disaster. No way! I am going to be a WR short now without Derrick Mason. My bench WR's - Andre Davis, Bobby Engram and Jerry Porter...two hurt and another on the Texans...just have to deal with it. Initial draft plan was that I'd have Porter and Engram back when they were healthy. This is just unfortunate bi-product of events.

If K's and DEF's were opened, then I would expect WR's opened for me.
[/QUOTE]Agreed!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:15 pm

The trade off of having to start a WR #4 or 5 in place of Andre Johnson, or even a Derrick Mason is FAR worse than losing 4-8 points from a kicker.

There is NO WAY you can open it up for just a few positions.... that is just crazy!

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:17 pm

I would like to see your facts for the 95% number. I know in every league I drafted in 90+% drafted two kickers alone...

The line should be drawn at Defenses and Kickers. 95% of teams carry only 1. They should not be penalized for a natural disaster.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:39 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.... This is Funny ,,, durring the draft i was contmplating between , Schuab or Longwell , I took Longwell , because i thought to my self , what if there is a hurricane that hits Texas , and they cancel the games. You have to think of everything when drafting
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:40 am

" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower