Can't Make Live Events? Call Us

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Russ,

Sorry to hear that. But as much as I hate to go into NYC, I will 'GO IN'. Why, I can go to Hooters on line, but in person is alittle better, No? Good one john!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 am

Russ,

I cannot speak for the other cities, but my experience last year was one that I would have been just as happy drafting from home than on location.

Sorry to hear that. But as much as I hate to go into NYC, I will 'GO IN'. Why, I can go to Hooters on line, but in person is alittle better, No? My point is the same with drafting Live in person rather than on-line. First for me walking into the room I get a HUGE rush, second it's nice to meet other guys that post on here. 3rd I have a phone and all the hookups to the outside world I need, so I see no advantage in drafting on-line. But drafting in a League with 11 other guys and a room full of other people who like FF as much as you, to me is 2nd to non.

Sorry for the long post, but the numbers are down and NBC needs to get more people to play, trust me when I tell you this is good for everyone.

John John, I understand what you're saying. It's just that I happened to pick the smallest venue for my 1st taste of this event. The room had 3 leagues, so not the same buzz as you'd get in the bigger cities. It was more like going to the WSOP in Biloxi instead of Vegas.

I'm giving it another chance this year in the smaller site. I have high hopes. We'll see.

Maybe they can get a comedian to come in or a Greg Ambrosius impersonator? :D

[ July 07, 2008, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:37 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Russ,

I cannot speak for the other cities, but my experience last year was one that I would have been just as happy drafting from home than on location.

Sorry to hear that. But as much as I hate to go into NYC, I will 'GO IN'. Why, I can go to Hooters on line, but in person is alittle better, No? My point is the same with drafting Live in person rather than on-line. First for me walking into the room I get a HUGE rush, second it's nice to meet other guys that post on here. 3rd I have a phone and all the hookups to the outside world I need, so I see no advantage in drafting on-line. But drafting in a League with 11 other guys and a room full of other people who like FF as much as you, to me is 2nd to non.

Sorry for the long post, but the numbers are down and NBC needs to get more people to play, trust me when I tell you this is good for everyone.

John John, I understand what you're saying. It's just that I happened to pick the smallest venue for my 1st taste of this event. The room had 3 leagues, so not the same buzz as you'd get in the bigger cities. It was more like going to the WSOP in Biloxi instead of Vegas.

I'm giving it another chance this year in the smaller site. I have high hopes. We'll see.

Maybe they can get a comedian to come in or a Greg Ambrosius impersonator? :D
[/QUOTE]Come to NYC, if you can. Or go to Vegas. Russ you need to be were the big boys are. :D

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:41 am

I agree with John. There's absolutely no comparing the smaller venues to the larger ones. It's a totally different experience.

Besides, don't you want to meet a lot of the MB regulars in person? It would probably be good for business! ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:48 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
I agree with John. There's absolutely no comparing the smaller venues to the larger ones. It's a totally different experience.

Besides, don't you want to meet a lot of the MB regulars in person? It would probably be good for business! ;) Paul you beat me to it, good for business. Russ you need to go were the numbers are. Maybe after talking to you more will want to sign up for your site, than again they may not. ;)

Come to NYC, Tom will take good care of you and Marc(Diesel) can be your personal driver for the day.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 am

Guys, believe me, I want to be in the bigger cities. I've gone to FL out of timing and necessity last year and this.

As for being good for business, I do my site out of love for the hobby. I offer a niche product. If I were trying to make money at it, I'd go another route. Those that use my site, pay very little, and get much more than they pay for IMO.

The point remains, if there is going to be a 4th site, it needs to be a similar experience to the others. Honestly, I think MORE attention should be paid to the smallest site to grow it to the others or else it will die.

I'll make it to one of the bigger sites next year, pending another timing issue.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:10 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Guys, believe me, I want to be in the bigger cities. I've gone to FL out of timing and necessity last year and this.

As for being good for business, I do my site out of love for the hobby. I offer a niche product. If I were trying to make money at it, I'd go another route. Those that use my site, pay very little, and get much more than they pay for IMO.

The point remains, if there is going to be a 4th site, it needs to be a similar experience to the others. Honestly, I think MORE attention should be paid to the smallest site to grow it to the others or else it will die.

I'll make it to one of the bigger sites next year, pending another timing issue. Good point, the smaller sites need to be pumped up. Really just Orlando I guess. Russ this means you need to step up and be the overall winner. So Greg and Tom can advertise if Russ can win in Orlando anyone can win. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:18 am

Originally posted by hammer:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
A speaker phone will be provided at the draft in any city that needs additional owners and the phone drafters would just call into an 800-number and announce their picks when their turn is up. It works easily enough for everyone.
Just so we all understand, the speakerphone will be the "phone owners" only chance to keep up with the draft? There will be no dedicated proctor relaying the picks to the phone owners as the picks happen?
[/QUOTE]Correct. The main facilitator will re-announce each pick just like he/she always does.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:19 am

quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

I'll make it to one of the bigger sites next year, pending another timing issue. Good point, the smaller sites need to be pumped up. Really just Orlando I guess. Russ this means you need to step up and be the overall winner. So Greg and Tom can advertise if Russ can win in Orlando anyone can win. :D
[/QUOTE]John, now that you put it that way, I'll give it my best shot! ;)

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:31 am

I THINK AT THE END OF THE DAY 99.9% OF PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO DO THE DRAFT LIVE BUT WITH TRANSPORTAION COST BEING AN OBJECT PEOPLE ARE WEIGHING THEIR OPTIONS MORE SO THAN EVER.

THAT IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. I AM SURE GREG AND TOM WILL FIND A HAPPY MEDIUM TO FOR THE BEST INTEREST OF THE NFFC/NBC RESPECTIVELY.