Greg Jennings

Shrink Attack

Greg Jennings

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:38 pm

The guy is killing me.

Only five catches in 3 weeks by my 2nd Round pick is bad enough, but look what's happened to my Classic team the last two weeks:

Week 3: Lost by 0.65 points
Week 4: Lost by 0.75 points

Just one more catch or 8 more yards in either game is now the difference between 3-1 vs. 1-3. :mad:

On the bright side, I don't own McFadden. :rolleyes:
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

TamuScarecrow

Greg Jennings

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Doubt you could have seen this offensive line being this offensive. Hard for Rodgers to find anyone out there while looking up most of the time. He could start the game wearing white and be looking Packer green by halftime.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

da bears

Greg Jennings

Post by da bears » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 pm

He is killing me also Paul. I have him on a few teams this year. :(
Bauler Shot Caller

boutrous11

Greg Jennings

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:56 pm

remember the Jennings vs. White thread? I can't find it but they both stink!

BillyWaz

Greg Jennings

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
The guy is killing me.

Only five catches in 3 weeks by my 2nd Round pick is bad enough, but look what's happened to my Classic team the last two weeks:

To quote James Blutarski....

"I suggest you start drinking VERY heavily!" :D

That sucks Paul! :(

Jennings isn't the only one of those "round two land mines".... Steve Smith and Roddy White haven't lit up the airwaves either. Calvin and Fitz haven't produced as expected. Maybe this was the year to wait on the late round WR's.

In my one WCOFF league, Mike Santos (Coyote Streakers) was picking in front of me, and took Wayne in round 2. He said something along the lines of "it was a real tough choice between Wayne and Jennings".

Amazing how little decisions by others in the draft can affect you so much!

Hang in there, he is bound to get going at some point (but it won't be week 5 ;) )

[ October 06, 2009, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Shrink Attack

Greg Jennings

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:47 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
The guy is killing me.

[/QUOTE]Tried that...made me feel better last night, but when I woke up this morning my blurry vision told me that the score was still the same and all I had to show for it was a huge headache!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Raiders

Greg Jennings

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:28 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
The guy is killing me.

That sucks Paul! :(

Jennings isn't the only one of those "round two land mines".... Steve Smith and Roddy White haven't lit up the airwaves either. Calvin and Fitz haven't produced as expected. Maybe this was the year to wait on the late round WR's.

In my one WCOFF league, Mike Santos (Coyote Streakers) was picking in front of me, and took Wayne in round 2. He said something along the lines of "it was a real tough choice between Wayne and Jennings".

Amazing how little decisions by others in the draft can affect you so much!

Hang in there, he is bound to get going at some point (but it won't be week 5 ;) )
[/QUOTE]Switch seats with Mike and Wayne next time. It happens every year. Good and Bad, I try to remember only the Good. But the bad is what kills me. :(

Better Luck Billy!

John

[ October 06, 2009, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Raiders

Greg Jennings

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:30 am

I had Colston and Jennings even, so it's easy to know what teams are Good and Bad, for me.

Tom Kessenich

Greg Jennings

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 am

I believe the lack of production for Jennings is directly tied to the Packers' offensive line problems. Jennings runs a lot of deep routes and Rodgers doesn't have the time to sit in the pocket and wait for the route to develop and get the ball to Jennings. He has to get rid of it quickly and that means fewer targets for Jennings.

McCarthy needs to spend the bye week devising creative ways to get the ball to Jennings. He can't allow the offensive line's woes to remove a key part of his offensive attack. We'll see how creative he is when the Packers return in Week 6. As far as Jennings, I don't think you can bench him in Week 6 because the Packers play the Lions. I'd give him that game and the next one against the Browns. If he doesn't show anything in those two, then sit him in Week 8 when the Vikings come to Lambeau.

[ October 06, 2009, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich