Fantasy Triathalon

jdobies64

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by jdobies64 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 am

I posted this on the NFBC Forums as well:

Just wanted to float an idea that I ran by Greg and Tom. They very much like the concept and if we can get 12-14 owners we can possibly start it in 2010. The contest would be an Fantasy Triathalon, running for the entire year, comprised of baseball, football and basketball. My other thought if we couldnt get enough interest because of the basketball element would be to have a Fantasy Ironman Competition, which would be comprised of Baseball Draft, Baseball Auction, Football Draft and Football Auction. I've spoken with a few owners that are definitely interested so if anyone is interested in a concept like this please add your name to the list. If enough people are interested we can explore this further with Greg and Tom (and Ryan). Thanks.

1. Jeff Dobies
2. Glenn Scroeter (K of Q)
3. Rick Thomas (Roundtrippers)
4. Shawn Childs (CC's Desperados)

trueblue

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by trueblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 am

jeff, i'd be interested. i sent you a pmail

bill cleavenger

jdobies64

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by jdobies64 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:22 am

Thanks Bill, got it. If you want, add your name to the list as well. Once we get enough interest we can certainly work on the details

Ted's Cracked Head

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:24 am

They should definitely crown an "Overall Fantasy Champion" each calendar year and reward those players somehow.

I do not think you need to have the players ponie up anything.

You folks/players carry/support this concept year in and year out by playing ALL year long.

They, the operators, should find a way to use the scores from the challenges they run and identify the owners who have bested the rest over all platforms in each year and reward/acknowledge them.

It is in the operators best interest to do this, especially at the High Stakes Level.

This type of incentive program could spur some of the seasonal players to play year round and join sports that may be out of their current comfort zone. This is what the operators want isn't it?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

jdobies64

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by jdobies64 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:28 am

Great suggestion Rob and I couldnt agree more. Maybe Fanball will take you up on your idea.

BillyWaz

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:24 am

Originally posted by jdobies64:
I posted this on the NFBC Forums as well:

Just wanted to float an idea that I ran by Greg and Tom. They very much like the concept and if we can get 12-14 owners we can possibly start it in 2010. The contest would be an Fantasy Triathalon, running for the entire year, comprised of baseball, football and basketball. My other thought if we couldnt get enough interest because of the basketball element would be to have a Fantasy Ironman Competition, which would be comprised of Baseball Draft, Baseball Auction, Football Draft and Football Auction. I've spoken with a few owners that are definitely interested so if anyone is interested in a concept like this please add your name to the list. If enough people are interested we can explore this further with Greg and Tom (and Ryan). Thanks.

1. Jeff Dobies
2. Glenn Scroeter (K of Q)
3. Rick Thomas (Roundtrippers)
4. Shawn Childs (CC's Desperados) I'd be interested in just the football and baseball aspect.

I would choose to limit my contact with people who play fantasy basketball, as they have serious addiction issues.

[ December 10, 2009, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Rob Silver

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by Rob Silver » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:41 am

What, no fantasy hockey for the fantasy four-way championship?

mikeybok

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by mikeybok » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:48 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I would choose to limit my contact with people who play fantasy basketball, as they have serious addiction issues. :D Just the thought of Fantasy Basketball makes me want to rethink my whole life!
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:03 am

Originally posted by Rob Silver:
What, no fantasy hockey for the fantasy four-way championship? What is this "hockey" of which you speak?

kjduke

Fantasy Triathalon

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:06 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'd be interested in just the football and baseball aspect.

I would choose to limit my contact with people who play fantasy basketball, as they have serious addiction issues. I'm with Waz on this one.