NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm not touting 80 percent on this contest.Really??

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
The prize pool should be $12,000 based on $15,000 in signups, which is 80 percent. Now that we finally did sell out, you and Lou want 80 percent, the same percentage we pay for our NFFC Satellite Leagues. But this isn't TOTALLY my contest to make that happen.You first try to convince us the contest pays out 80% (by using 3rd grade math and leaving out the $20 transactions fees) and now you accuse Lou and I of being some sort of bad guys by expecting the very 80% you claim your contest was? Dude, what planet are you from - Spinorama? And btw, there are at least 3 others who posted here who feel as we do. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who would actually defend your "math" in not using transaction fees in determining payout percentage. You think that person actually exists?

And to set the record straight, I specifically stated in TWO earlier posts that you can payout any percentage you want, so I never asked for 80%. I pointed out that the payouts are in fact 66% and that you were being disingenuous, and you were. When questioned, it would've served you much better to simply come out and say something to the effect that the payout percentage isn't great but that's how it is. Period. Because any idiot with a calculator could've figured out the payouts were 66%. I guess you thought we were idiots WITHOUT calculators.

Why would our "wolfpack" talk about WCOFF's payout percentage? Does anyone here even know what WCOFF pays out as a percentage? You and Lou should join the "pack" rather than constantly act like this site has blue states and red states. You guys have chosen to ostracize yourselves without any help from others. I wonder, who EXACTLY do you think we chose to ostracize ourselves from? Dare I assume from you and your message board fraternity? Is that what you mean? Have any more of the NFFC's customers been ostracized for nonconforming?
For Players. By Players.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Nag, why are you perpetually blinded by your love of Lou, and do you think he cannot answer for himself?

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy.

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nag, why are you perpetually blinded by your love of Lou, and do you think he cannot answer for himself?

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy. This is the kind of lame answer expected here.

Nag and I are not blinded by the need to ignore the FACT that this contest is NOT 80% payout, it's 66%.

And have the balls to say so.

Sorry you find it creepy, I back my friends up. Period.

3'

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:45 pm

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy. Lame attempt at diverting attention from the topic. Trying to help out Greg, are we? If there's a secret crush we should all know about, please by all means, don't keep your feelings bottled up. Not good for the soul.
For Players. By Players.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:48 pm

I say what I want to say Lou, I disagree with Greg and others plenty - and when I do I say so.
And since you bring it up, I paid for your site last year and I found it so worthless I don't think I checked in more than once or twice after the season began, and when I did it was just to see if I'd be surprised to see if you'd posted anything worthwhile (and you didn't IMO).

Just telling the truth; I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:49 pm

It's like overpaid athletes salaries being made public, do we all really need to know? All it does is make us mad when we see how much money they make. Greg and Tom are not required(or at least I don't think they are) to tell any of us what there take in the contest is. We all can guess based on payouts and amount of entrants, but do any of us know what it costs to run the contest? Shame on us if we feel we should criticize business men for making money. Isn't that what all business men strive to do? That being said, I do agree with Nag' and 3' that if you do choose to divulge the payout info and claim a percentage at least make it accurate and explain your data, or expect to get negative responses. Lou's may have been a bit childish, but that could have been due to the ongoing pissing match between he and the NFFC bretheren. Doesn't make it right, but are all of us always grown up when we get into it with others? Bottom line is people have questioned the accuracy of the 80% claim and haven't gotten what they feel is a reasonable explanation to that claim so the stones start getting thrown. I love this event and the comoraderie that exists much more then the WCOFF, but it does get old watching how if anyone questions Greg and Tom there is the usual band of brothers that refuse to ever say anything negative about our leaders and continue to attack those that do. It is creepy KJ that Nag' is always to the defense of Lou, yet it's not that you and many others do the same for Greg and Tom?
Anyway, nice to have a voice whether heard or not. Again a great reason why I spend 95% of my time here rather then WCOFF.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy. Lame attempt at diverting attention from the topic. Trying to help out Greg, are we? If there's a secret crush we should all know about, please by all means, don't keep your feelings bottled up. Not good for the soul.
[/QUOTE]Reality is, Greg may be getting sick of some of my opinions (see defensive scoring) because I'm not afraid to disagree with him relentlessly - the difference is, when I disagree I don't act like a moron and then have my girlfriend login to support me.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm not involved in the post season event. Don't know anything about the numbers or %'s. But, I do know when you drive the bus over greg on his boards, it won't turn out good.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I say what I want to say Lou, I disagree with Greg and others plenty - and when I do I say so.
And since you bring it up, I paid for your site last year and I found it so worthless I don't think I checked in more than once or twice after the season began, and when I did it was just to see if I'd be surprised to see if you'd posted anything worthwhile (and you didn't IMO).

Just telling the truth; I'm sure you can appreciate that. Thanks, I never get too high when I get praise or too low when someone disses.
Both are expected, and you may find it strange, but appreciated.
No way to get better without testing different methods of operation.

Oh, a couple ?'s

Did you draft Ben Roethlisberger or Braylon Edwards?

They were pretty useful. Caddy, not so much.

Anyone else have Jesse Chatman, Roydell Williams or Donald Lee as Sleepers you paid for? Any other site predict in the Pre Season that Kyle Boller would end up the QB of the Ravens, coming off a 13-3 season for Steve McNain?

Thanks for your honesty. I always try and stay on that side of things too.

Major site changes coming (again) since it's really getting some good footing.

I'll forget about your girlfriend comment, since you probably wouldn't say that to people when with them.

3'