NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nag, why are you perpetually blinded by your love of Lou, and do you think he cannot answer for himself?

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy. This is the kind of lame answer expected here.

Nag and I are not blinded by the need to ignore the FACT that this contest is NOT 80% payout, it's 66%.

And have the balls to say so.

Sorry you find it creepy, I back my friends up. Period.

3'
[/QUOTE]66%, 80%. Transaction fees and batteries not included. :rolleyes: Most likely the majority know the % but don't give a ratz ass. They just want a fun contest to participate in.

It seems to me what this is really about is another chance to jump down Greg's throat with your toadie ever since he busted up your paid subscription satellite gig. It's become soooo transparent already.

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I'm not involved in the post season event. Don't know anything about the numbers or %'s. But, I do know when you drive the bus over greg on his boards, it won't turn out good. You know what GG, this is accurate, and made me laugh out loud. As my dad would say: "It's his little red wagon, he can push or pull it"

Thanks for the laugh.

3'

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
Nag, why are you perpetually blinded by your love of Lou, and do you think he cannot answer for himself?

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy. This is the kind of lame answer expected here.

Nag and I are not blinded by the need to ignore the FACT that this contest is NOT 80% payout, it's 66%.

And have the balls to say so.

Sorry you find it creepy, I back my friends up. Period.

3'
[/QUOTE]66%, 80%. Transaction fees and batteries not included. :rolleyes: Most likely the majority know the % but don't give a ratz ass. They just want a fun contest to participate in.

It seems to me what this is really about is another chance to jump down Greg's throat with your toadie ever since he busted up your paid subscription satellite gig. It's become soooo transparent already.
[/QUOTE]Sorry man, wrong. The paid satellites deal is a thing of the distant past.

I agree it is just for FF fun after the season is over. That's the point, please don't TELL me it's 80%, it's not. It's 66%, fun or not.

3'

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...ISHO whether the payout is 6% or 96% it still doesn't change the fact that those that signed up for this event could've taken their loot elsewhere for their FF fix if they so desired...stop all the crying already as this is a capitalistic democracy where choices/options are readily available...also, and simply as an fyi here, stop dating yourself Louise as KY-jelly as opposed to vaseline has been the preference of choice for years now...

P.S....the Pack will indeed cover the spread tomorrow...SNAKE Snake, got to agree with you on this one.

Always love how other people that are NOT in that particular business know EXACTLY what others are making and how to run that business.

Naggy Nit Pik, Greg is a very, very busy man. He was knee deep in Baseball mag when this contest rolled out. Why do you have the need to grill him over a few dollars?

All I have to say is that if you had an f'in clue about game operator finances, you'd never make these posts in the first place. You guys that think you have a clue simply don't. You ALWAYS leave out many, many variables you're too narrow minded to think of or comprehend.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:14 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I'm not involved in the post season event. Don't know anything about the numbers or %'s. But, I do know when you drive the bus over greg on his boards, it won't turn out good. You know what GG, this is accurate, and made me laugh out loud. As my dad would say: "It's his little red wagon, he can push or pull it"

Thanks for the laugh.

3'
[/QUOTE]Lou - I say that because if someone drove the bus over u on your site, u wouldn't like it. Sometime u need to adress things with an email or phone call
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:17 pm

I say what I want to say Lou, I disagree with Greg and others plenty - and when I do I say so.
And since you bring it up, I paid for your site last year and I found it so worthless I don't think I checked in more than once or twice after the season began, and when I did it was just to see if I'd be surprised to see if you'd posted anything worthwhile (and you didn't IMO).

Just telling the truth; I'm sure you can appreciate that. Thanks, I never get too high when I get praise or too low when someone disses.
Both are expected, and you may find it strange, but appreciated.
No way to get better without testing different methods of operation.

Oh, a couple ?'s

Did you draft Ben Roethlisberger or Braylon Edwards?

They were pretty useful. Caddy, not so much.

Anyone else have Jesse Chatman, Roydell Williams or Donald Lee as Sleepers you paid for? Any other site predict in the Pre Season that Kyle Boller would end up the QB of the Ravens, coming off a 13-3 season for Steve McNain?

Thanks for your honesty. I always try and stay on that side of things too.

Major site changes coming (again) since it's really getting some good footing.

I'll forget about your girlfriend comment, since you probably wouldn't say that to people when with them.

3'
[/QUOTE]Yes I liked Roeth, had him on many teams but did not buy into B Edwards. Yes liked D Lee as a late-game TE as he showed flashed from prior yrs, and yes I did expect Boller to take over as McNair seemed done, though he wasnt really worth anything anyway. Chatman I had on only a couple teams because was getting too hyped for a backup, and I didnt have Caddy either because was going around fair value IMO.

I'm not saying your football opinions are/were horrible, you had hits and misses like anyone, I just didn't see anything on the site worth worth paying for nor particularly insightful.

As for the girlfriend comment, I probably wouldn't be that rude in person unless or until someone gets in my face with a stupid, defensive and inaccruate comment; at which point I would very well say what I thought.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:22 pm

And Lou, it's fine to support your friends. But Nag's support of you is just creepy (not the other way around, just him). Not implying anything, just observing, and I doubt I'm the only one that sees that.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Did you draft Ben Roethlisberger or Braylon Edwards?

They were pretty useful. Caddy, not so much.

Anyone else have Jesse Chatman, Roydell Williams or Donald Lee as Sleepers you paid for? Any other site predict in the Pre Season that Kyle Boller would end up the QB of the Ravens, coming off a 13-3 season for Steve McNain?

Thanks for your honesty. I always try and stay on that side of things too.
Lou, do you feel you had more "hits" than "misses" in your pre-season predictions?

Mr. Pennington would like a word with you...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm not touting 80 percent on this contest.Really??

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
The prize pool should be $12,000 based on $15,000 in signups, which is 80 percent. Now that we finally did sell out, you and Lou want 80 percent, the same percentage we pay for our NFFC Satellite Leagues. But this isn't TOTALLY my contest to make that happen.You first try to convince us the contest pays out 80% (by using 3rd grade math and leaving out the $20 transactions fees) and now you accuse Lou and I of being some sort of bad guys by expecting the very 80% you claim your contest was? Dude, what planet are you from - Spinorama? And btw, there are at least 3 others who posted here who feel as we do. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who would actually defend your "math" in not using transaction fees in determining payout percentage. You think that person actually exists?

And to set the record straight, I specifically stated in TWO earlier posts that you can payout any percentage you want, so I never asked for 80%. I pointed out that the payouts are in fact 66% and that you were being disingenuous, and you were. When questioned, it would've served you much better to simply come out and say something to the effect that the payout percentage isn't great but that's how it is. Period. Because any idiot with a calculator could've figured out the payouts were 66%. I guess you thought we were idiots WITHOUT calculators.

Why would our "wolfpack" talk about WCOFF's payout percentage? Does anyone here even know what WCOFF pays out as a percentage? You and Lou should join the "pack" rather than constantly act like this site has blue states and red states. You guys have chosen to ostracize yourselves without any help from others. I wonder, who EXACTLY do you think we chose to ostracize ourselves from? Dare I assume from you and your message board fraternity? Is that what you mean? Have any more of the NFFC's customers been ostracized for nonconforming?
[/QUOTE]I understand your fixation on the 80 percent figure and Lou, but nowhere in the rules does it say this contest pays out 80 percent. From the rules:

12. Prize Breakdown:
Fantasy911.com National Fantasy Football Championship = $10,000, or seat at the 2008 World Series of Poker Tournament
Second Place = $1,000
Third Place = $500
Fourth Place = $250
Fifth Place = $100

That was based on 150 teams. When we went to 164 teams, I added $1,300 of the $1,400 brought in to the prize pool, adding $500 to second place and three more places. Now, the question about this contest payout was first brought up when someone asked why this contest doesn't pay out 80% like all other NFFC Satellite Leagues. Well, the answer is that I'm sharing the expenses and revenue with a different game operator. This contest would not have filled up on our own as Fantasy911.com brought in some of their loyal customers to get us to 164 teams and they run their games with transaction fees.

You and Lou keep bringing up this 80% figure as if I advertised this wholeheartedly to fill up the contest. I offered it with the rules in place and the prize structure as first advertised and then added $1,300 in prizes once we went above our 150 total. So your childish rants can continue but we're paying out more than we promised and we have a post-season contest for our customers who apparently liked what they saw.

Continue with your fun if you'd like. I'd rather watch good NFL games this weekend. And again, if you don't like the contest, then just don't play anymore.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:59 pm

quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm not touting 80 percent on this contest.Really??

The prize pool should be $12,000 based on $15,000 in signups, which is 80 percent. Now that we finally did sell out, you and Lou want 80 percent, the same percentage we pay for our NFFC Satellite Leagues. But this isn't TOTALLY my contest to make that happen.You first try to convince us the contest pays out 80% (by using 3rd grade math and leaving out the $20 transactions fees) and now you accuse Lou and I of being some sort of bad guys by expecting the very 80% you claim your contest was? Dude, what planet are you from - Spinorama? And btw, there are at least 3 others who posted here who feel as we do. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who would actually defend your "math" in not using transaction fees in determining payout percentage. You think that person actually exists?

And to set the record straight, I specifically stated in TWO earlier posts that you can payout any percentage you want, so I never asked for 80%. I pointed out that the payouts are in fact 66% and that you were being disingenuous, and you were. When questioned, it would've served you much better to simply come out and say something to the effect that the payout percentage isn't great but that's how it is. Period. Because any idiot with a calculator could've figured out the payouts were 66%. I guess you thought we were idiots WITHOUT calculators.

Why would our "wolfpack" talk about WCOFF's payout percentage? Does anyone here even know what WCOFF pays out as a percentage? You and Lou should join the "pack" rather than constantly act like this site has blue states and red states. You guys have chosen to ostracize yourselves without any help from others. I wonder, who EXACTLY do you think we chose to ostracize ourselves from? Dare I assume from you and your message board fraternity? Is that what you mean? Have any more of the NFFC's customers been ostracized for nonconforming?
[/QUOTE]I understand your fixation on the 80 percent figure and Lou, but nowhere in the rules does it say this contest pays out 80 percent. From the rules:

12. Prize Breakdown:
Fantasy911.com National Fantasy Football Championship = $10,000, or seat at the 2008 World Series of Poker Tournament
Second Place = $1,000
Third Place = $500
Fourth Place = $250
Fifth Place = $100

That was based on 150 teams. When we went to 164 teams, I added $1,300 of the $1,400 brought in to the prize pool, adding $500 to second place and three more places. Now, the question about this contest payout was first brought up when someone asked why this contest doesn't pay out 80% like all other NFFC Satellite Leagues. Well, the answer is that I'm sharing the expenses and revenue with a different game operator. This contest would not have filled up on our own as Fantasy911.com brought in some of their loyal customers to get us to 164 teams and they run their games with transaction fees.

You and Lou keep bringing up this 80% figure as if I advertised this wholeheartedly to fill up the contest. I offered it with the rules in place and the prize structure as first advertised and then added $1,300 in prizes once we went above our 150 total. So your childish rants can continue but we're paying out more than we promised and we have a post-season contest for our customers who apparently liked what they saw.

Continue with your fun if you'd like. I'd rather watch good NFL games this weekend. And again, if you don't like the contest, then just don't play anymore.
[/QUOTE]More spin. It just doesn't end.

Let me repeat for the 4th time:

NOWHERE DID I CALL FOR THE PAYOUT % TO BE AT 80. NOWHERE.

The disingenuity was in your attempt to claim the payout was 80% when in fact it was 66%. You got called out on it. You didn't like it. Now, knowing that you have the MB wolfpack on your side, you're trying to make me and Lou out to be the bad guy and divert from the issue.

But I'll ask a direct question to anyone reading this post regarding the original issue: Does anyone here agree that the $20 trasaction fee should not be counted into the percentage payout as Greg so adamantly tried to convince us earlier in the thread? Anyone?
For Players. By Players.