NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
And Lou, it's fine to support your friends. But Nag's support of you is just creepy (not the other way around, just him). Not implying anything, just observing, and I doubt I'm the only one that sees that. Lou is a friend of a few years who I speak to almost daily. He was attacked here numerously and treated unfairly and undeservedly which is when I spoke up on his behalf. I'd rather help out when I feel he is wronged than worry about how I'm going to be percieved by the likes of you. Get it?
For Players. By Players.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Nag,

I'm playing in this for one reason. The chance to turn $120 into $10,000. I couldn't tell you of the top of my head what the breakdown is after that. If a few extra players won their money back, it wouldn't change my reason for playing in it.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Nag,

I'm playing in this for one reason. The chance to turn $120 into $10,000. I couldn't tell you of the top of my head what the breakdown is after that. If a few extra players won their money back, it wouldn't change my reason for playing in it. I played KNOWING the payout wasn't going to be great so I had no issue. I still don't. This all started on page 4 of this thread when someone else (none of us here) brought up the poor payout issue and Greg responded very defensively, as if he was being accused of some wrong doing, when the only thing that was being pointed out was the truth.
For Players. By Players.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:33 pm

So the 80% whether accurate or not was based on the $100 entry fee alone and the $20 transactions had zero impact on the estimated 80% payout, correct?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:36 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
So the 80% whether accurate or not was based on the $100 entry fee alone and the $20 transactions had zero impact on the estimated 80% payout, correct? Yes
For Players. By Players.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Isn't that all you want Greg to say?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
So the 80% whether accurate or not was based on the $100 entry fee alone and the $20 transactions had zero impact on the estimated 80% payout, correct? Maybe the post season contest should be a way of raising extra funds for those hard working college girls in Vegas.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:41 pm

WOW this is an active topic!!!!

Anyhow, to answer Nag's question, YES the $20 transaction fee SHOULD be included in the percentage payout. HOWEVER, like many have said, this is about a "fantasy fix" for me, and the chance to turn a small investment into a big payday (i.e. I don't give enough of a chit to worry about it).

Now I have a question......

Since Lou works in $$$$ and is an industry "professional", wouldn't he (and Nag)have known how to figure out the payout percentage BEFORE he signed up??? And of course if he didn't like the percentage, WHY would he sign up??? :confused:

I just don't get why people continue to sign up for something they are CONSTANTLY disatisfied with? :confused:

If you feel things are unfair, run poorly, etc. by all means PLEASE go somewhere else.

Believe me, the contest WILL continue to run without you.

[ January 11, 2008, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]